Tropicat Snorkeling Question

horikor

Hi all this is my first post here. I have an excursion booked to go out on keling on the Tropicat and do some snorkeling in Chileno Bay. I want to take a video camera with me to film during the ride out, but am concerned that it might disappear. Has anybody had any experience with this and what suggestions do you have. My thought is that I would film on the way out and then put the camera in a backpack with a luggage lock on the zipper. My only concern would be that the whole backpack disappears while I am snorkeling. Any suggestions would be appreciated

While I have no direct experience, I have never heard of anyone have anything go missing while on the Tropicat. Or any of the other great catamaran companies in Cabo. While I'm sure it is possible, I don't think it is very probable. If customer theft was an issue on any of these boats, they would not be in business very long.

• 3 years later...

Pezgato steals camera

has happened to us.

We booked a snorkel cruise and took our brand new camera aboard with all our land based pictures in it.

The camera was stolen on board the vessel by a PezGato employee.

We stored our camera bag at the back of the boat where the crew hung out while we snorkeled.

The crew saw us put the camera in our bag and all the other passengers were in the front of the ship.

When we confronted the PezGato owner they refused to even discuss such a thing happening on one of their boats. And were in fact rude to us.

The hotel indicated this was the third report they had received regarding theft of personal property aboard a Pezgato boat. The hotel indicated they were contemplating banning Pezgato due to multiple thefts.

When we returned home we called the PezGato owner regarding the theft and offered a reward for the camera. They again denied and refused to believe such a thing could happen.

We were devastated at loosing all our vacation pictures.

Your mileage may vary

Cliff Notes

PezGato employee stole our camera

Pezgato refuses to do anything

we loose our pictures

I agree, and where would it go? The Tropicat which is owned by the Pez Gato company has been in business for years in Cabo. We have left our camera unlocked in our backpack many times with no issues.

Pezgato steals camera

has happened to us.

We booked a snorkel cruise and took our brand new camera aboard with all our land based pictures in it.

The camera was stolen on board the vessel by a PezGato employee.

We stored our camera bag at the back of the boat where the crew hung out while we snorkeled.

The crew saw us put the camera in our bag and all the other passengers were in the front of the ship.

When we confronted the PezGato owner they refused to even discuss such a thing happening on one of their boats. And were in fact rude to us.

The hotel indicated this was the third report they had received regarding theft of personal property aboard a Pezgato boat. The hotel indicated they were contemplating banning Pezgato due to multiple thefts.

When we returned home we called the PezGato owner regarding the theft and offered a reward for the camera. They again denied and refused to believe such a thing could happen.

We were devastated at loosing all our vacation pictures.

Your mileage may vary

Cliff Notes

PezGato employee stole our camera

Pezgato refuses to do anything

we loose our pictures

What hotel? I am a destination expert on the Cabo forums on Trip Advisor. In all the years of talking about Pez Gato and how much most of us love them, I have never read anything about theft on any of their boats and there are almost daily threads there on the subject. Not saying it couldn't happen but it certainly is not common and I am not sure what hotel you are talking about and how they could "Ban" them. Ban them from what?

regarding the Pezgato Camera theft. The hotel indicated they would remove their recommendation for the Pezgato tour group.

I will provide the hotel name in a PM when my wife wakes up. The docs are in the bedroom.

Thank you for your concern, we hope this sad experience is not a new trend as we love Baja.

What hotel? I am a destination expert on the Cabo forums on Trip Advisor. In all the years of talking about Pez Gato and how much most of us love them, I have never read anything about theft on any of their boats and there are almost daily threads there on the subject. Not saying it couldn't happen but it certainly is not common and I am not sure what hotel you are talking about and how they could "Ban" them. Ban them from what?

Reflecting on this incident it would do no good to disclose the hotel name as they were not involved. They did in fact lend a sympathetic ear to my wife.

This is not the first or tenth time we have been the victim of theft in Baja. After nearly fourty years of travel there we continue to love it for all it beauty, to include its people.

Cruisin on, Alaska on Millenium

Wow.....tallperson, this is absolutely the first time that I have heard of a theft by an excursion company in Cabo, and I spend time both here and the Cabo Trip Advisor....is there any possibility that one of the other participants of the excursion could have been responsible? (I have been on one boat that had some absolute reprobates!)

Although I have never been aboard any Tropicat vessel, I have been aboard many others while in Cabo, and have never heard anything derogatory about Tropicat or any other sail vendor in Cabo when it comes to theft.

I do hope that you have even a modicum of proof.....a statement like yours can damage to a company's reputation, and seriously damage their business!

Had quite an interaction with one member of the crew, she feels certain it was him based on his comments to her, his behavior later and his total avoidance of her the following day, when she attempted to locate and confront the person.

The deed is done, the memories and the camera are gone. I just wish we received a more sympathetic response from the boat owner.

Happy cruising.

Wow.....tallperson, this is absolutely the first time that I have heard of a theft by an excursion company in Cabo, and I spend time both here and the Cabo Trip Advisor....is there any possibility that one of the other participants of the excursion could have been responsible? (I have been on one boat that had some absolute reprobates!)

Although I have never been aboard any Tropicat vessel, I have been aboard many others while in Cabo, and have never heard anything derogatory about Tropicat or any other sail vendor in Cabo when it comes to theft.

I do hope that you have even a modicum of proof.....a statement like yours can damage to a company's reputation, and seriously damage their business!

Prior to posting here regarding our experience I did an Internet search and observed a similar post on your beloved Trip Advisor, Since our unfortunate experience was posted here the cautionary post by another unfortunate couple has dissapeared. Are you a schrill for Pez Gato or do you believe that sad things do not happen in Mexico?

All we have done is described what happened to us in Baja, we have experinced petty theft many, many times. For you to censor or delete someones post from your Trip advisor indicates you are a part of the Travel kick back system.

Just like Pez Gato never returned our calls.

You sir are a Schrill.

Prior to posting here regarding our experience I did an Internet search and observed a similar post on your beloved Trip Advisor, Since our unfortunate experience was posted here the cautionary post by another unfortunate couple has dissapeared. Are you a schrill for Pez Gato or do you believe that sad things do not happen in Mexico?

All we have done is described what happened to us in Baja, we have experinced petty theft many, many times. For you to censor or delete someones post from your Trip advisor indicates you are a part of the Travel kick back system.

You sir are a Schrill.

What? First of all I am a her not a him. I do not own or moderate on Trip Advisor which is the sister site to this one. I am just one of many who volunteer our time there to help people who travel to Cabo. I have no authority to remove or sensor posts.

I also do not have any interest in Pez Gato. I have been on their boats many tomes and I and lots of others reccomend them for snorkle and sunset cruises. I only.mentioned that

in all my years of being partnof that site that I have never heard of or read anything negative about them.

I get no kick backs fron anyone. I am just a regular tourist like everyone else who happens to love sharing about ky favorite travelndestination.

I truely have no idea what you are talking abiut and I will waitnfor an apology for your ignorance.

You sir are a Schrill.

Househunter may perhaps be shrill, but she is most certainly not a shill, and please let me be the first to let you know that she and I are NOT friends...in fact, she and I often cannot see eye to eye about most anything.

Having said that, you sir, in my opinion, lack fundamental common courtesy, as well as a spell checker and dictionary.

Although I am most sympathetic to your loss of property, I cannot, and will not, excuse your lack of manners.

You owe the Lady an apology.

Househunter may perhaps be shrill, but she is most certainly not a shill, and please let me be the first to let you know that she and I are NOT friends...in fact, she and I often cannot see eye to eye about most anything.

Having said that, you sir, in my opinion, lack fundamental common courtesy, as well as a spell checker and dictionary.

Although I am most sympathetic to your loss of property, I cannot, and will not, excuse your lack of manners.

You owe the Lady an apology.

What? I thought you loved me- lol! I wasn't aware that we didn't see eye to eye on most things. Hope to meet you someday in Cabo and I promise not to be shrill ;)

What? I thought you loved me- lol! I wasn't aware that we didn't see eye to eye on most things. Hope to meet you someday in Cabo and I promise not to be shrill ;)

HouseHunter, of course I love you, who could not with the all of the time and energy that you expend to help folks traveling to Cabo. It's just that you like Soloman's Landing, I like Captain Tony's. You can walk the entire Marina in 20 minutes, it takes me 45. You lounge about the pool, I like a bar stool at Rip's. You like The Office, I like Tabasco's. You like Javier's Torta's, I like his Tacos. You don't like the Lion Cub booth...oh, wait, I don't like the Lion Cub booth either, but my picture is not on the wall :D.

I'm just being a Hooligan, that's all.

If we should ever meet in Cabo, I assure you that I will be good for a Margarita.

HouseHunter, of course I love you, who could not with the all of the time and energy that you expend to help folks traveling to Cabo. It's just that you like Soloman's Landing, I like Captain Tony's. You can walk the entire Marina in 20 minutes, it takes me 45. You lounge about the pool, I like a bar stool at Rip's. You like The Office, I like Tabasco's. You like Javier's Torta's, I like his Tacos. You don't like the Lion Cub booth...oh, wait, I don't like the Lion Cub booth either, but my picture is not on the wall :D.

I'm just being a Hooligan, that's all.

If we should ever meet in Cabo, I assure you that I will be good for a Margarita.

Lol! No I don't like the Office and I do love Tabascos- see?! And I've never had one of Javier's tortas (yet!) but I love his tacos. And I love both Solomon's and Captain Tony's (pizza- yum!). And I love a stool at Rips but only after a day of lounging by the pool. So it appears that we do see eye to eye on many things. Cheers!

Lol! No I don't like the Office and I do love Tabascos- see?! And I've never had one of Javier's tortas (yet!) but I love his tacos. And I love both Solomon's and Captain Tony's (pizza- yum!). And I love a stool at Rips but only after a day of lounging by the pool. So it appears that we do see eye to eye on many things. Cheers!

Doggonit !!! I was gonna try to find you in Cabo in October and buy you a drink, but Downsized beat me to it !!!:D:D

Doggonit !!! I was gonna try to find you in Cabo in October and buy you a drink, but Downsized beat me to it !!!:D:D

I will be there at the end of October with about 100 other people from Trip Advisor. We will be scheduling many, many parties, cruises and meet and greets throughout that week. If you monitor the Cabo page there, you will see the the places and times. Anyone can come to our informal events!:)

I will be there at the end of October with about 100 other people from Trip Advisor. We will be scheduling many, many parties, cruises and meet and greets throughout that week. If you monitor the Cabo page there, you will see the the places and times. Anyone can come to our informal events!:)

We will be in Cabo from noon to 6pm 10/30 on the Coral Princess, so not much time to roam around. I will look at Trip Advisor and see what you have going. The drink offer is good if and when we ever meet. Bill

Well that is one of our fishing days for our tournament so all of us that don't fish will be at the Mango Cantina on the marina starting at about 2:30 pm. That is where we meet the fishermen as they come in for the day. Please join us!:)

Well that is one of our fishing days for our tournament so all of us that don't fish will be at the Mango Cantina on the marina starting at about 2:30 pm. That is where we meet the fishermen as they come in for the day. Please join us!:)

I'll find it !!! Bill

Archived