Day trips out of Boston to see fall foliage?

Im assuming you wont have a car. I found this for you - http://www.viator.com/tours/Boston/Fall-Foliage-Sightseeing-Tour-from-Boston/d678-3978TOUR11?SSAID=333659&aid=463296857

Don't know anything about it but it sounds reasonable.

If you rent a car, I can make other suggestions.

Thanks

I am looking not to rent a car. Really don't feel like driving and parking in and around Boston.

Very hit or miss, and you would want to be as far away from the city as possible You can rent a car from enterprise in south boston which will cost you about 15$ cab each way including tip. So including everything probably about 70 for the day and you can go wherever you want. My suggestion is to go to walden woods or blue hills if on a weekend

The Lexington/Concord area is near me and would be a good choice on Coumbus Day weekend. It will be busy, but the only totally crazy place would probably be Walden Pond. From South Boston or the airport it's a straight shot out the Mass Pike to route 128 and then anither 10 minutes north to route 2A which is the Battle Road. The national Park headquarters is here plus lots of places to stop and pull off. Downtown Concord and the North Bridge will be busy, but not totally unmanageable with some patience. There is also the Concord Museum, the Alcott House, Emerson House, and Thoreau Farm. If this is of interest, I can offer suggestions and strategies.