Tampa - Day Of Flight?

MikeBTN

Considering a 4-night Brilliance OTS out of Tampa in mid-January. I've read of the potential fog issues, and the only way we would be able to take this sailing is to fly in the morning of the cruise. Flight is scheduled to land at 9:45 AM. We would purchase insurance.

We are not in easy driving distance should the fog present an issue.

Worth the risk? Our other options are 3-night leaving on the 12th, in which case we could fly in the night before (which is what we have always done before), but I like the 4-night, Coz only itinerary.

IF you are ok with the possiblility of spending 4 nights seeing the sights in the Tampa area instead of cruising then I would say go for it....chances are you will be fine...but you just never know...is it a direct flight?

IF you are ok with the possiblility of spending 4 nights seeing the sights in the Tampa area instead of cruising then I would say go for it....chances are you will be fine...but you just never know...is it a direct flight?

Yes, non-stop. I suppose I should have added we would book through ChoiceAir which surprisingly has the best prices.

Yes, non-stop. I suppose I should have added we would book through ChoiceAir which surprisingly has the best prices.

I would probably go ahead & take the chance....many year's ago before we found CC we flew from Tampa to Aruba on the day of the cruise & never thought twice about it...and back then I don't think we even had cruise insurance...

Regardless of weather you take a chance flying in the day of the cruise.

Add to that the potential of fog but also the question is where does your flight originate from. Does it begin in Dallas Fort Worth which could have bad weather or someplace up North. It is the winter.

Is it really not possible to fly the day before even if it is later in the day?

Keith