My Mariner Review

rmandmm

THanks for an intelligent, informative and fair review!

Glad you enjoyed Regent! Seven days is too short, next time try a longer cruise with some relaxing sea days that allow you to enjoy the ambience of the ship.

rwandmw,

As with everyone else, thanks for the great review. The only comment II have is that all your concerns about things you did not know suck as air deviation fees or credits and hotel credits could have been easily dealt with had you used a knowledgeable TA. You should consider this for your next cruise.

rwandmw,

As with everyone else, thanks for the great review. The only comment II have is that all your concerns about things you did not know suck as air deviation fees or credits and hotel credits could have been easily dealt with had you used a knowledgeable TA. You should consider this for your next cruise.

Thanks, everyone. I hope it helps the newbies especially!

Yes, wripro, that's why I suggested in my review that everyone should use a good TA! Thanks for the note!

Great Review. Seemed very balanced and fair. I've used Rome Cabs in the past and they are a first class operation. Glad to hear nothing has changed! I too booked thru Regent for our cruise (next year) but I am thinking of seeing if I can switch to an agent. The agent I booked thru at Regent has already left Regent to go to Oceania. I only booked thru them direct because I felt somewhat obligated to her since she was so nice leading up to the booking. So much for that!

Again enjoyed the review and I'm a newbie to Regent.

Very fine review-- thanks for taking the time to post.

stjohnrocks: Yes, you definitely can switch to a TA. I always book with Regent, then later switch the booking to TA-- no problem at all. And YES, St John definitely rocks! (We spend 12 days there every early December-- as good snorkeling as we've had anywhere!)

I enjoyed your review and it's balanced approach. Tell me about your evenings on board the Mariner.

We were so tired from our excursions each day that it was good for us to even make it to dinner most nights! We went to Compass Rose twice, La Veranda twice, Prime7 once, room service twice and cancelled our Signatures reservation.

After dinner, we'd go to the Observation Lounge and have drinks, where we met some really nice folks and the service and drinks were always great, as were the views. Our favorite evening was when we were docked in Monaco. It was absolutely gorgeous. We would sit there and always be surprised when we looked at a clock finally and it would be really late!

We never even really talked about going to any of the shows although I heard a lot of people say they enjoyed them. We left two small children at home and most of the time we just wanted relaxation and quiet time I guess! :)

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We have been mostly delighted with Regent and have enjoyed many aspects of cruising with them. We've a had a couple of little things we've been disappointed in, but mostly they've met our expectations.

Archived