Need Help

Theresa522

Hi, has anyone ever done the Catamaran Party cruise? How is the boat? Is it far once off the ship? My mom will be coming with us and had knee-replacement and I just want make sure that it won't be too uncomfortable for her. Is there anywhere she could sit?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Theresa

Hi Theresa-

I actually didn't know that there was a Party Cruise in Dominica, but there are usually plenty of places to sit on the ones I've done on other islands. Have you ever been to Dominica?? If you haven't, I just wanted to say that you'll be missing one of the most beautiful, unspoiled islands if you don't take an island tour.

To each his/her own, but I'd personally save the Party cruise for another island and explore this one with each hour that you have there.

I am sure that the Party Cruise will be fun though if that's your final decision.

Have a wonderful day on the island no matter what you do! :)

Hi, thanks for the response. Now you have me questioning whether or not I should go :rolleyes: I will talk it over with my family and see what they think. The boat sounded like a lot of fun but I was just concerned as my mom will be with us.

Thanks again..

If you opt for a tour........go with Beno. We spent a day with him recently and got a very comprehensive tour of his fabulous island, including a stop at Mr. Nice Fruit Stand. The price was $40 per person and well worth it. Enjoy Dominica.

• 4 weeks later...

I have no first hand experience on this, but we were just there last week. A man I overheard complaining talking very loudly with companions about a horrible time they had on whatever Catamaran trip they took in Dominica. He said they had 2 gallon jugs of water and rum punch, and one plastic container of sandwiches for over 50 people. The water ran out, so their kids had nothing to drink. Lunch wasn't served until around 3:30 and with the number of people on board, many only got 1/4 of a sandwich. He was pretty upset, and I am glad I didn't participate. I have no idea what company or operator he was referring to, so I really don't want to identify the trip. It might have been a new private operator.

So, I guess my advice is to keep asking for comments from people who have done a catamaran tour to try to get a balanced discussion.

I've never done any party boats in Dominica either, so I can't comment as to safety, comfort or anything else. However, I do agree with pholter that the main attraction of Dominica is the beautiful unspoiled island itself. There are so many amazing places to see and the people are so friendly and the country is just so lush and beautiful, it would be a shame to miss the whole reason for visiting Dominica. I love party boats too, but I usually save them for just "another" beach-type island. Dominica is very different and very special. Check out this website to see some of the photos to get an idea of what there is to see and do. I'm sure there are other websites as well but I don't have their URLs. http://www.benonaturetours.com/

Archived