.......idle jottings

ho-hum

Word in British real estate circles confirms that Reigate journalists and his lovely billionaire partner

have rejected an offer on their multi-million dollar estate from actor George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin.

Apparently the local hoi polloi were up in arms at the prospect of the increased traffic the star couple

might attract.

Apparently folks in Oxfordshire, down the road apiece, were not so particular, and the Clooneys have

purchased a more simple manse for a mere $9 million. Ah, life among the rich and famous!

April fools. :)

Obviously from the "Posh Part". BTW, congrats Ho-Hum on 2,000 responses.

Word in British real estate circles confirms that Reigate journalists and his lovely billionaire partner

have rejected an offer on their multi-million dollar estate from actor George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin.

Apparently the local hoi polloi were up in arms at the prospect of the increased traffic the star couple

might attract.

Apparently folks in Oxfordshire, down the road apiece, were not so particular, and the Clooneys have

purchased a more simple manse for a mere $9 million. Ah, life among the rich and famous!

April fools. :)

Haha......and they have already submitted Planning applications to extend the "pile"

Sorry dear readers, but one last attempt at a "hook up"...

Ho-hum, are the Christmas and New Years sailings your only remaining planned SD sailings in 2015/2016? Well, apart from crossings. Ho-hum and Ragnar on the same crossing would likely be too much for the crew and other passengers to bear.

As you say, we have plans for SDII up to 9 Jan '16 (unless SD charter it, like they did for both boats last year.....boooo) and we do the X-ing on 17 April '15 (love them xings with chums).

We also want to stay in St.Barts for a week with our SD chums from the wilds of Canada (hint, hint boys or have you "kicked us to the kerb" ?) and they said they would like to do late February, after which we re-join them on the boat (SDII).

It is possible we could do one week prior to that but if we do it would have to be on SDII as we have given prior commitments to certain crew and friends that if we were sailing it would be on SDII so we can see them, also the light is very nice. We would probably need a months break between too, so possibly it COULD be 6/13 February from Charlotte Amalie, St.Thomas.

Added to that we have a chum from Sydney, Australia who we sail with for two weeks but he prefers to be at home for Xmas, so we might even extend from 9 January to 16 January !

But HH really needs to check with Blondie who is out with a friend in London.

Yes she is allowed a night off once a while.

Hell HH does not know ! HH can easily think beyond next meal (well next drink if truth be told).

SeaDream Yacht Club proudly named Jose Pararay, Employee of the Year, SeaDream I for 2014.

Jose is recognized for his remarkable performance in 2014. He exemplifies dedication and professionalism. Jose is part of the Restaurant team and has been with SeaDream Yacht Club since it’s founding in 2001. Prior to that, he worked aboard these same vessels under the previous ownership, as then named Sea Goddess.

Congratulations !

Do you know something ?

The Sea Dream website is......err brilliant !

Love the layout, display, ease of use.

Maybe it's one of the best in the business and it's quite old too.

Classy.

Check it out...or check it out again.

http://www.seadream.com/

But they dont notify people of new blogs....what a pity because they dont inundate you with tons of info and they are really interesting.

Thanks for telling us about Jose's much deserved award. We go back to the Sea Goddess days and didn't realize Jose was on board way back then. I can't wait to see him in Sept to discuss the good old days.

I also wish Seadream would email these great accomplishments to there fan base. I enjoy reading about our friends on Seadream.

Happy Easter and congrats to Jose!

Thanks for telling us about Jose's much deserved award. We go back to the Sea Goddess days and didn't realize Jose was on board way back then. I can't wait to see him in Sept to discuss the good old days.

I also wish Seadream would email these great accomplishments to there fan base. I enjoy reading about our friends on Seadream.

Happy Easter and congrats to Jose!

If you are on Facebook and "like" SeaDream's page you will see these updates and pics several times a week

If you are on Facebook and "like" SeaDream's page you will see these updates and pics several times a week

Thanks popper but reports of Employee & Manager of the Year and items of similar interest (for regular passengers) which HH was referring to, are unfortunately not covered on Facebook (it mainly covers promotions).

A real shame. But thanks for letting other people know SD is on Facebook.

Looks like a good one, but we have been to all those islands, and Mrs D is adamant about the southern Caribbean :o

Yep same here Raggy but we just love the boat...itineraries dont rreally bother us, that's why we love the xings.

Dont worry matey, we gave it a good try.

There'll be something one day..you're still in your prime !

Yep same here Raggy but we just love the boat...itineraries dont rreally bother us, that's why we love the xings.

Dont worry matey, we gave it a good try.

There'll be something one day..you're still in your prime !

Raggy, I guess we can see it now. Antler Brimstone has managed to get massive amounts of the company Kool-Aid into Ho-Hum. So much so that he no longer has any options but to tug a forelock and say yes sir Mr. Brimstone, of course Mr. Brimstone, how much should I send you this month Mr. Brimstone? As true pals Raggy, we will of course be there to help H-H up when (if) he awakes.:eek::D:D

Raggy, I guess we can see it now. Antler Brimstone has managed to get massive amounts of the company Kool-Aid into Ho-Hum. So much so that he no longer has any options but to tug a forelock and say yes sir Mr. Brimstone, of course Mr. Brimstone, how much should I send you this month Mr. Brimstone? As true pals Raggy, we will of course be there to help H-H up when (if) he awakes.:eek::D:D

Oh my Jim ! ....... you started early !!! (Well nothing new there 'suppose).

Shooting range closed or something ?

Now if any good people (oh and sane, that is a must) people can kindly explain just what the hell old Jimbo is talking about, would they kindly drop a line.

HH would be extremely grateful. Thankyou.

OK after a third read, HH thinks he's got it.

HH's love of SD and crew is being seen as mindless. Good point.

So Let's try this again, shall we.

HH posts on SD cos he loves SD.

HH voyages on SD cos he loves SD.

HH loves the crew on SD

HH's chums love SD so we go on SD.

HH does not believe the "grass is (necessarily always) greener"

HH has two cars both of which are over 20 years old cos he loves em.

HH has lived in the same area since he was born (over 25 years ago).

HH loves women but there is only one in his life.

HH did only one job all his life cos he loved it.

HH drinks only (well mainly) French wine (including champagne) cos its the best.

HH's best and oldest friend lives 20 minutes walk away (known him since we were at school together).

So when Ho Hum has found the "the light" he sticks with it !

HH even has a "loyalty" to you, you old buzzard !

Now dearest Jimmy, are we clear, HH says "are we CLEAR"

"Crystal HH"

Haha

Love a good rant. You're doing it on purpose are'nt you ? Dammit ! And old HH fell for it !

Hahahaha

Now please forgive HH, HH has to go now and light another candle to Attilla Broomstick which he does about this time every day but now HH will also have to say even more prayers for you if we are ever to meet up on the cruise ship in the sky !

Oh my Jim ! ....... you started early !!! (Well nothing new there 'suppose).

Shooting range closed or something ?

Now if any good people (oh and sane, that is a must) people can kindly explain just what the hell old Jimbo is talking about, would they kindly drop a line.

HH would be extremely grateful. Thankyou.

OK after a third read, HH thinks he's got it.

HH's love of SD and crew is being seen as mindless. Good point.

So Let's try this again, shall we.

HH posts on SD cos he loves SD.

HH voyages on SD cos he loves SD.

HH loves the crew on SD

HH's chums love SD so we go on SD.

HH does not believe the "grass is (necessarily always) greener"

HH has two cars both of which are over 20 years old cos he loves em.

HH has lived in the same area since he was born (over 25 years ago).

HH loves women but there is only one in his life.

HH did only one job all his life cos he loved it.

HH drinks only (well mainly) French wine (including champagne) cos its the best.

HH's best and oldest friend lives 20 minutes walk away (known him since we were at school together).

So when Ho Hum has found the "the light" he sticks with it !

HH even has a "loyalty" to you, you old buzzard !

Now dearest Jimmy, are we clear, HH says "are we CLEAR"

"Crystal HH"

Haha

Love a good rant. You're doing it on purpose are'nt you ? Dammit ! And old HH fell for it !

Hahahaha

Now please forgive HH, HH has to go now and light another candle to Attilla Broomstick which he does about this time every day but now HH will also have to say even more prayers for you if we are ever to meet up on the cruise ship in the sky !

Yes, glad to see I can still stoke the fires occasionally. And yes, CRYSTAL H-H!!! But then, there are portions of this rock that SD does not service. Sometimes it is nice to see new things. And we are haunting a few SD sailings prior to the Azamara experiment with Captain Tysse as well. So, you never know when your tidy little kingdom aboard SeaDream will be invaded. Now we have been informed (Raggy aka Sundance and myself) that if we sail together, there are extra charges. Did you put Attilla up to that???

Yes, glad to see I can still stoke the fires occasionally. And yes, CRYSTAL H-H!!! But then, there are portions of this rock that SD does not service. Sometimes it is nice to see new things. And we are haunting a few SD sailings prior to the Azamara experiment with Captain Tysse as well. So, you never know when your tidy little kingdom aboard SeaDream will be invaded. Now we have been informed (Raggy aka Sundance and myself) that if we sail together, there are extra charges. Did you put Attilla up to that???

.....err "little kingdom" ?

The clue's in the name Jimmy......."GREAT" Britain !

Have a great Easter Jim, your lady and ALL.

.....err "little kingdom" ?

The clue's in the name Jimmy......."GREAT" Britain !

Have a great Easter Jim, your lady and ALL.

And you and Blondie as well. Best wishes for all the SeaDream family and friends.

J.

OK so as Jimbo has talked about Azamara, HH thought he would take a peek at it's forum and the first thing he saw was this:

To gather valuable insights on Azamara Club Cruises we are announcing a new type of Cruise Critic forum where WE ASK YOU the questions. Experience has taught us that the Cruise Critic community is engaged with our brand and reliably interested in developments regarding our ships, personnel and our future plans. For all these reasons we want YOUR feedback. Our intention is to post a weekly question on AZAMARA ASKS! Please 'subscribe' to this new forum so you'll not miss any question. We thank you in advance for your participation and look forward to your responses.

Impressive or what ?

Here is a company actively seeking feedback !

Remarkable.

Well done Azamara....you just know with that kind of forward thinking, that they take clients feedback, very seriously.

Then this is followed up by the manager of Cruise Critic who further announces and explains:

"Hello everyone!

Cruise Critic is pleased to announce this new type of forum where Azamara Club Cruises ask YOU the questions! Azamara knows that the Cruise Critic community is fully engaged with their brand, interested in developments regarding their ships, personnel and their future plans. For all these reasons Azamara wants YOUR feedback.

Each week, Azamara Club Cruises will post a question on this new forum. In order that you do not miss anything, please subscribe to the forum by:

- Clicking Forum Tools (main forum page, top of grid)

- Choose "Subscribe To This Forum

- Choose either Daily or Weekly updates

We hope you enjoy this new venue. As always, Cruise Critic's Community Guidelines are in effect and we ask that you be respectful of this endeavor, Azamara Club Cruises representatives and your fellow community members.

Questions/comments/concerns? Write to: Community@cruisecritic.com

Laura

Laura

Sr. Manager Community

community@cruisecritic.com

Cruise Critic

And then later HH discovered Azamara have a "Chief Blogging Officer" !

How impressive is that ? And they give great advice and try to sort out problems.

For example read this:

"Hello Goorawin,

I have communicated with the Market Lead for Australia, explaining your unhappiness. Her name is Clarissa Williams. Please send her an email at cruiseadmin.au@rcclapac.com, mark it attention Clarissa Williams, and please mention you have posted on Cruise Critic. She will let me know when she's heard from you.

On behalf of all us, I apologize for your frustrations. Hopefully it will be cleared up soon.

B.rgds,

Bonnie

Bonnie MacLaird

Chief Blogging Officer

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)"

Now compare that to Sea Dream's performance. No competition is there.

As you know, former SeaDream Partner Larry Pimentel is Azamara President and CEO. A number of SD management left with Larry along with a considerable amount of shipboard staff. We are hoping to sail with Captain Tysse who was a favorite on SeaDream and is now Senior Captain at Azamara.