How to make a complaint re: Australia

bixy

Hi all, I need to some help who to make a complaint to regarding customer service I received on the phone.

My friend has recently received a outstanding bill via the post stating she did not settle her on board account before she ( which we have credit statement to say she did). We sailed in America but booked from Australia.

Unsure if the letter was legitimate because of all the scams to do with credit card fraud I called princess Australia for some more clarification. After waiting on hold for 20 minutes explain to the operator what happened and she said I will transfer you to our international section, after a further 20 minutes of waiting I got through to a very very rude man. He was extremely abrupt with me.

He told me that I had wasted my time because he had nothing to do with it and I should just hang up the phone, because princess Australia has nothing to do with the American company ( but they are happy to take bookings for them).

I said to him so I just waited on hold for 40 minutes and this is all you can do for me, is tell me to call America. (The money that I use to sort this out will be more than the amount that she owed). He also inflamed the suitation be repeatly telling me to have great day in a scarcastic voice.

Can anyone help me who to complain to or am I just wasting my breath.

I am so disappointed with Princess !

Thanks in advance

Hi all, I need to some help who to make a complaint to regarding customer service I received on the phone.

My friend has recently received a outstanding bill via the post stating she did not settle her on board account before she ( which we have credit statement to say she did). We sailed in America but booked from Australia.

Unsure if the letter was legitimate because of all the scams to do with credit card fraud I called princess Australia for some more clarification. After waiting on hold for 20 minutes explain to the operator what happened and she said I will transfer you to our international section, after a further 20 minutes of waiting I got through to a very very rude man. He was extremely abrupt with me.

He told me that I had wasted my time because he had nothing to do with it and I should just hang up the phone, because princess Australia has nothing to do with the American company ( but they are happy to take bookings for them).

I said to him so I just waited on hold for 40 minutes and this is all you can do for me, is tell me to call America. (The money that I use to sort this out will be more than the amount that she owed). He also inflamed the suitation be repeatly telling me to have great day in a scarcastic voice.

Thanks in advance

I'm sorry this happen to you. I think you need to deal directly with Princess in Los Angeles. I believe the people in Australia are just booking agents for Princess in name only. You might want to contact Princess in Los Angeles and request (fax) a copy of her itemized on board folio to see there is any outstanding balances. If it show paid in full there is no further action. Or you could just send a letter to Princess' Guest relations explain the situation along with the letter she received in the mail along with a copy of her credit card statement showing the charge. Keep a copy for your records. If it some kind of scam it might be a good idea to let Princess be advise of it. That should do it. Princess will contact her if there is any further action.

Thanks in advance

Send an email to Princess in Santa Clarita.

I would have your friend send an email to customer service at Princess (hopefully someone can post the email address on this thread). If she gave a credit card at the embarkation check in that's okay, and she didn't go over her limit, there really shouldn't be any problem, I would guess. You can give your friend the name of the rude guy to include in the email.

She should look over the final accounting (the one that's slipped under the door early the disembarkation morning) just to make sure there's nothing irregular there (good idea to do that right on the spot anyway).

Make sure to tell her to keep the email short and sweet...stick to the pertinent facts and keep it readable..if more than say eight lines, she should split the text into paragraphs).

Perhaps call the CEO of Carnival Australia - Ann SHERRY? Princess/P&O in Australia all work out of the Carnival Australia Office at North Sydney. Phone: (from Australia) 84248800

Princess Australia was your agent for this booking, they must take some responsibility.

Post a brief description of your complaint on Alan Buckalew's Facebook page. For two weeks I had a problem resolving a web site identity problem with Carnival. I posted my complaint on Carnival's equivalent page. That same day I received a response from a customer service agent who solved the problem overnight.

http://www.facebook.com/alan.buckelew

The problem with email is I think the Australian website "catches" all traffic at princess dot com and you won't get through to the American website or American customer relations. It is very frustrating. Maybe that Facebook link or higher up in Australia might be worthwhile unless someone can give you a specific email address for someone high up in customer relations America ie: johnsmith at princess dot com.

Post a brief description of your complaint on Alan Buckalew's Facebook page. For two weeks I had a problem resolving a web site identity problem with Carnival. I posted my complaint on Carnival's equivalent page. That same day I received a response from a customer service agent who solved the problem overnight.

http://www.facebook.com/alan.buckelew

Nice!

I am so disappointed with Princess ! :confused:

Thanks in advance

I would e-mail a copy of your post to Costumer Services and the CEO.

E-mail addresses for these departments follows.

Customerrelations<customerrelations@princesscruises.com>;

Ceo <arbuclew@princess.com> :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Cato ;)

Completed Cruises !

Pre-cruise Days - The Big Red Boat, 1993 ??

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

We have now reached Elite status with Princess Cruise Lines

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

19th cruise - Grand Princess, 31 Mar. - 07Jun.0212 7 Days, Eastern Caribbean, FLL - FLL

20th cruise - Island Princess, 06-16 June 2012, 10 day cruisetour Vancouver - Wittier

Future & Hopeful Cruises !

( Already booked )

21th cruise - Emerald Princess, 16 day, 10 - 26 Sep. 2012, TA, Copenhagen - New York.

22 & 23rd cruises - Sapphire Princess B2B, 04 - 11 May & 11 - 18 May, 2013, California Coastal & Wine Country

24th cruise - Royal Princess 16 June - 05 July, 2013, 19 Day Inaugural cruise, Southampton - Venice.

25th cruise - Emerald Princess, 01 Oct. - 16 Oct. 2013, 16 Day Cruisetour, Toronto Via Quebec City to New York City

I cannot understand that if you booked in Australia through Princess Australia that the Australian Princess Company cannot help you. It is a separate company but as it took your booking they should still be able to help a customer. Otherwise, buy an International phone card for $10 here in Australia and dial the toll free number - 0011 1 866 335 6379 or 0011 1 800 774 6237 and then you can speak to whom ever you need to for as long as you want and it won't be costing very much at all. I have done this and it only cost me 20 cents!

If you have the Visa or Amex statement with the credit on then it is not a big worry. Your credit card provider can argue with Princess, if the letter isn't a scam, as they have the proof that the account was paid. Otherwise, get in touch with the T.A. you booked through and ask them to find out why you still have a debit on your shipboard account when you have paid the money.

I certainly wouldn't be wasting a lot of time or sleep over it as you have the statement saying that it has been paid.

Jennie

Archived