Dress Code

Lyndihop

The following is Regent's dress code (from their website). It is repeated daily in "Passages" that no shorts or jeans can be worn after 6:00 p.m. Jackets are not required for men but many men wear them (really depends upon itinerary - we are onboard the Explorer in the Med. and there are more men wearing jackets than we have seen in the past).

What is the dress code onboard the ships?

Attire ranges from Casual to Formal Optional. Casual wear is appropriate for daytime onboard or ashore, and consists of resort-style outfits. Casual wear, including shorts and jeans, is not appropriate after 6:00 pm, with the exception of the final evening of the cruise. On the night prior to disembarkation, guests may need to pack their luggage early due to morning flights the next day. With this in mind on the last night of every voyage we will relax the dress code for dinner to Casual.

The recommended onboard dress in the evenings is Elegant Casual. Dinner dress includes skirt, or slacks with blouse or sweater, pant suit or dress for ladies; slacks and collared shirt for gentlemen. Sport jackets are optional. Jeans, shorts, t-shirts or tennis shoes are not to be worn at dinner. Ties are not required. On sailings of 16 nights or more, Formal and Semi-Formal attire is optional on two evenings. On the two Formal Optional evenings, guests are welcome to dress as per the Elegant Casual dress code or opt for a more formal choice of clothing including gowns and cocktail dresses for ladies; tuxedos, dinner jackets or dark suits with tie for gentlemen.

Thanks so much for the response. One more ?? do passengers dress up at night? My hubby looks good in a tux, but our last cruise on Celebrity he was odd man out. Hardly anyone dressed up, and thats before they changed their formal nights.

Thanks so much for the response. One more ?? do passengers dress up at night? My hubby looks good in a tux, but our last cruise on Celebrity he was odd man out. Hardly anyone dressed up, and thats before they changed their formal nights.

They do, but "dressing up" rarely means a tux. If he really likes to do that, nobody's going to mind of course, but he'd probably be more comfortable in a suit (and many men don't wear even sports jackets, let alone a suit and tie--this includes my husband.)

Got off the Explorer last week. I did not see anyone wearing a tuxedo. Some men wore a sports jacket without a tie. Only a few wore ties. Many did not wear jackets.

There are several discussions of dress codes on this thread that you might check out. Basically people adhere to Regent's dress code which permits a range of what I would describe as informal to formal.

The only time that a tux would be appropriate is on a 'Formal Optional' night. These only occur on cruises which are 16 nights or more.