Tours in Aruba

ChrisPBacon

Not sure, really. Happy to be a beach bum for the day. But thought I'd ask in case there's something I'm missing. We rarely do the ship's tours and I know certain islands have decent local companies. Been to most Caribbean islands, but not this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We stayed a few years ago at the Divi Beach resort at Druif Bay, just to the north of Oranjestad, the beach is great with lots of space. Carrying on along the same road that turns more NE'ly, you get to main drag, we nick named it Tower Hamlets as it is the high rise hotels where the beach is narrow and crowded. The famous Divi tree is along this stretch of coast between the tower block and Druif Bay.

The point I'm getting to, is just head for the bus station, a 10 minute walk from the ship and locate the bus that heads in that direction, I think they run every 1/2 hour, maybe more frequently as this goes to those hotels. The Divi resort is about 10 minutes on the bus, you could walk it in a bout 45 minutes to an hour, but it's an exposed and hot walk. We felt Druif Bay was the best beach on the beautiful Island of Aruba.

This Island is Dutch and we found very safe with a European feel about it. Plenty of places you can get a bite to eat and a drink.

Food for thought as they say.

Keith (Southend)