Quidco

bluedot2014

Just a heads up really for anyone that doesn't use Quidco that it really is worth opening an account before purchasing your cruise. Quidco is very easy to use, you just open an account and then go to the quidco site, search for P&O and then choose the offer you want, you then get redirected to the P&O website and carry on with your purchase, your purchase is tracked by a cookie.

At present you get 4% cashback for P&O cruises, so on a £3000 cruise that's £120 paid back direct into your bank account 8-12 weeks after your cruise. It's a no brainer really and I use quidco all the time.

I don't work for them and don't receive any affiliate payments if you use them (that's why I'm not even putting a link to the site).

Just a heads up really for anyone that doesn't use Quidco that it really is worth opening an account before purchasing your cruise. Quidco is very easy to use, you just open an account and then go to the quidco site, search for P&O and then choose the offer you want, you then get redirected to the P&O website and carry on with your purchase, your purchase is tracked by a cookie.

At present you get 4% cashback for P&O cruises, so on a £3000 cruise that's £120 paid back direct into your bank account 8-12 weeks after your cruise. It's a no brainer really and I use quidco all the time.

I don't work for them and don't receive any affiliate payments if you use them (that's why I'm not even putting a link to the site).

I get a 7% discount with my TA so would be worse off..[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its 4.2% with Topcashback. Have to say that generally we can equal or better that through a Travel Agent but not this Jan when we booked Britannia as I think the agent was being throttled from discounting Britannia as she was new so we went through Topcashback instead.

Beware most cashback sites state that cashback may not be paid if using some other type of discount code.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm signed up with Quidco even though I don't live in the UK. They pay me my cashback via Paypal and don't seem to care where I live. Unfortunately I can't book my P & O cruises via their website though as P & O bookings from outside the UK have to be done by phone. Bummer - that's a lot of cashback I'm losing!

• 3 months later...

We booked a cruise taken in August via Quidco when it was paying 6.3% and it payed out £225+. Another cruise taken in October was booked via Topcashback who were also paying 6.3% at the time. Instead of cash we opted for an M&S evoucher for a larger value - £243. But our next 3 cruises we booked onboard and got really good obc. Swings and roundabouts!

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

We booked a cruise taken in August via Quidco when it was paying 6.3% and it payed out £225+. Another cruise taken in October was booked via Topcashback who were also paying 6.3% at the time. Instead of cash we opted for an M&S evoucher for a larger value - £243. But our next 3 cruises we booked onboard and got really good obc. Swings and roundabouts!

Wow thats amazing cash back!

I'm intrigued, what is Quidco and is there some sort of catch? Why would they give you money back?

Quidco is a site that allows you get get cash back on purchases you make online and though some high street retailers.

There is no catch. Basically companies pay Quidco a percentage to have people referred to there sites and give you a slice of that percentage back. Many websites this as a way to make income.

There is no catch but it is not instant and sometimes can take months for your cash back to come though but its still money that you otherwise would not get.

It is to encourage you to choose one persons business over another. I find it handy as if i know i'm buying something anyway, such as a P&O cruise, im not loosing anything by checking Quidco.

Note: I do not work for them and there are other cashback sites out there. :)

It seems that 5% is the standard discount for P&O cruises, a lot of posters get this discount from their TA, and P&O offer this to a wide variety of customers, from public service staff, NHS, Military and HSBC Advance account holders.

I suspect P&O may offer 5% off if you quote your bus pass number.:D:rolleyes:;)

Those are my Quidco and Topcashback accounts. I have been using Quidco probably about 4 years. Big payers used to be car and house insurance - still worth a look. This year my insurance was £98 but cash back was £57!