earliest boarding @ Southamption (Queens Grill)

Lazy Sailor

We are on the Southampton - SF leg of 2017 World Cruise, in Queen's Grill Can anyone please advise earliest we are likely to be able to get aboard at Southampton?

QG is first and normally midday. It goes QG, PG, Diamond, Platinum then Britannia.

That said, in October, we boarded at 11:45am (on arrival), and although QG, others had already boarded!

Stewart

Hi Lazy Sailor,

Even before I was a Diamond member of the CWC (and also as a Britannia passenger; as so far I've not yet been in the Grills) I have regularly boarded in Southampton close to 12 noon, occasionally a little before, sometimes a short while later.

Very, very rarely have I encountered a delay.

As BigMac1953 states, as a QG passenger, if you arrive early, you should be amongst the very first to board.

Have a wonderful time on board :)

Edited by pepperrn

Two weeks ago we were there at the Ocean Terminal at just after 11:20, Grills check in desk was not yet open so we went via a normal desk. On board by 11:45, we were told staterooms were not available until 12:30, so go to Lido.

Asked for Grills holding pen and told there wasn't one, go to Lido. So we went to the Grills lounge anyway which was already half full of people. No announcements, so eventually we tried our luck at went to the suite. First time we've ever had any sort of hiccup. QG opened at 1pm as normal and everything was spot on from then onward.

From plenty of previous experience at every Southampton terminal I'd say that if you're there by 12:00pm things should go swimmingly.

QE2 terminal can be a bun fight, I'd arrive early or late, not in between. City Terminal is good (don't think Cunard use it) and Mayflower Terminal can be a sea of elbows and early arrivals who can't wait to eat, so again, early or late is good, in between can drive you nuts.

Edited by Chunky2219
typo