Just booked #16

pacmom

Well we did it--just booked #16--the Mekong with Avalon--have never cruised with them, so a real adventure awaits. We have toooo many bad memories of Hanoi and no desire to visit. Looking forward to the trip next Feb. Hope to be able to B2B with Grand Circle and the Irriwaddy. Pat

Hi Pat,

Way to go is right as Fran has posted!!!! After 40 years of traveling, I'm now getting tired of all the airport screenings and flying problems. My DH has just booked Antartica for himself. I just couldn't face another long trip from LAX to Buenos Aires and on to Ushaia for a 12 day Antartica cruise tour. Not bad for someone who has just turned 80 and is still working!! I will still travel (I'm only 75), but now it's time to do the USA!!! We're on to Cape Cod and New England in July and a cruise to Alaska next summer.

Best regards,

Sheila

Fran and Sheila,

Thanks for the thoughts. We did just book the Grand Circle on the Irriwaddy as an add on to the Mekong. We decided that one more long trip over seas is about it for us. We will be gone a bit over a month, but couldn't face two long flights to Asia. Looking forward to our june trip with Road Scholar on the Gironde in France. Next year that river will add at least two more lines--Uniworld and Viking. The Bordeaux region should be very interesting. Pat

Hi Pat! I am impressed. My cruise this year is #6 for me. As you may remember, my cruises have all been on Avalon. I have heard great reviews of the Avalon Mekong trip!

Enjoy it!

Pat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi Pat,

Way to go is right as Fran has posted!!!! After 40 years of traveling, I'm now getting tired of all the airport screenings and flying problems. My DH has just booked Antartica for himself. I just couldn't face another long trip from LAX to Buenos Aires and on to Ushaia for a 12 day Antartica cruise tour. Not bad for someone who has just turned 80 and is still working!! I will still travel (I'm only 75), but now it's time to do the USA!!! We're on to Cape Cod and New England in July and a cruise to Alaska next summer.

Best regards,

Sheila

Sheila - I am impressed (and encouraged) by your extensive travel plans. DH and I are not 60 yet - but want to tour now while our health is good. I work in health care - focused in the Cancer Care realm - so I am very aware of the unknown in personal health.

One of my bucket list items is to walk on the Great Wall... before I need a walker. Figure we can spend more time in North America at a later date.

For Alaska, we did a cruise tour - and enjoyed it. We flew into Fairbanks - and spent 4 days on land before catching the boat in Seward and cruising south. Great experience - except for the "mal de mer" I experienced.... DH was fine.

Fran

Hi Fran,

Just keep going until you can't! We went to India last year and Egypt and Jordan the year before and fulfilled our eight Wonders of the World list. Now, my DH will travel to Anartica to make it to all the continents of the World! We left the USA for when we got old and now I look forward to doing that!

Happy traveling!

Sheila

Sheila, we are going on the Irriwaddy with GCT--Bancock-Rangoon-cities on the river and back to Bancock. Like you those looong flights are something we don't relish. That is the reason for doing back2back--Avalon ends its Mekong trip in Bancock, GCT is Bancock to Bancock. This will be the last long overseas trip for us. Still looking at the Guadelquiver in Spain and some of Croisie Europe's new trips in France. Then to work on seeing the US and more of Canada. Hope your husband enjoys his Antartic trip as much as we enjoyed ours with Silversea. Safe travels. Pat

• 3 weeks later...

This sounds great! I'm looking at the Avalon Mekong for next February. Just an option, since my husband is travelling on business to Singapore and I want to piggy-back with him. Probably our only chance to do some travelling in SE Asia. Also looking at just a land trip, Bangkok, some time in Thailand, etc. But the river trip is seductive. I also don't think we'd do Hanoi.

Archived