Poll: Do you bring food to your cabin

Kenlorz

Do you take food back to your cabin?  

664 members have voted

1. 1. Do you take food back to your cabin?

• Yes, I bring food back to my cabin and I'm not happy about this new policy
    • No, I don't bring food back to my cabin and I could care less about this new policy
    • Yes, I bring food back to my cabin, policy is no big deal. I'll just pay $7.95 for Room Service now

Like I said on the last two cruises I went on the hallways were a mess with plates, at least with this maybe the ship will be cleaner and more presentable. Wait I have a question on a different subject, isn't there some kind of curfew for minors on the ship? There were these little teenage brats running around the epic on my last cruise.
Children under 17 are not allowed out after 1:00am without a parent or guardian. But this is at the sole judgment of the ships Captain as to whether it will be enacted or not on the ship.

But if you are no longer cruisin Ncl why would you want to waste your time posting on Ncl boards? why not post with the cruise lines you travel with?

Comprehension. I never said I wasn't cruising NCL. In fact, me and a large group are putting together an Escape cruise now. What I said was, I wasn't happy with NCL because of recent experiences. I am not loyal to any one line and will gladly cruise with whoever I see fit at the moment.

Most likely things aren't going to change. complaining is like rocking in a rocking chair it gives you something to do but it does not take you anywhere. either live with the changes or move on. I know nobody would do it, but I would love to find out the ages of the people who post here on cruise critic. no offense but most people complain like they're in their eighties and nineties lol. I'm 31 and it seems like I'm the youngest person on here lol.

Ah, you do have so much to learn. Time and time again, there has been public uproar through social media about cruise line policy changes that have caused a reverse in the policy. If enough people voice their opinion on this particular subject, it could very well get it reversed. There are lots who say it bothers them and lots who say they don't care, but very few who say they actually support it. That is a recipe for protest that could cause change.

My DH and I just booked an NCL cruise. This is our 2nd NCL cruise since our first one about 20 years ago.We are long standing Princess customers.

Since we are " new" to NCL, I was asking many questions while speaking with an NCLrep so that I would know what to expect on this cruise.

I asked about the room service fee. Breakfast is delivered without a fee until 9:30 in the morning. It also seemed to have quite an extensive menu of hot cooked foods including eggs, breakfast meats and oatmeal .

We always enjoy breakfast delivered to the cabin so we can have it on the balcony.

It is a pleasant way to start the morning, intead of dealing with crowds in a buffet area.

It can also be a time saver for us as we can begin to shower and get dressed for the day while waiting for the delivery.

It has been our experience on Princess that delivery is always prompt,keeping to the time selected on the ordering card. I am hoping that NCL delivery is prompt also.

I can understand bringing something small such as cookies or fruit back to a cabin. But,recently, I have seen passengers bringing plates of food onto elevators.

I assume that they are bringing the food to their cabin.This seems unappealing to me as the food is exposed to people's breath ,hair and perfumes.

This carrying food to a cabin seems to be relatively new in my cruising experience of close to 30 years. I can't recall people doing this in past years.

IMHO, I find it to be a bit tacky.

I don't see guests at a fine hotel or resort carrying plates of food on elevators or in hallways.

I don't think it has any place on a cruise ship, but that is my opinion.

My DH and I just booked an NCL cruise. This is our 2nd NCL cruise since our first one about 20 years ago.We are long standing Princess customers.

Since we are " new" to NCL, I was asking many questions while speaking with an NCLrep so that I would know what to expect on this cruise.

I asked about the room service fee. Breakfast is delivered without a fee until 9:30 in the morning. It also seemed to have quite an extensive menu of hot cooked foods including eggs, breakfast meats and oatmeal .

The hot foods will not be free only the "continental" breakfast items, coffee and Danishes.

We always enjoy breakfast delivered to the cabin so we can have it on the balcony.

It is a pleasant way to start the morning, intead of dealing with crowds in a buffet area.

It can also be a time saver for us as we can begin to shower and get dressed for the day while waiting for the delivery.

It has been our experience on Princess that delivery is always prompt,keeping to the time selected on the ordering card. I am hoping that NCL delivery is prompt also.

I can understand bringing something small such as cookies or fruit back to a cabin. But,recently, I have seen passengers bringing plates of food onto elevators.

I assume that they are bringing the food to their cabin.This seems unappealing to me as the food is exposed to people's breath ,hair and perfumes.

This carrying food to a cabin seems to be relatively new in my cruising experience of close to 30 years. I can't recall people doing this in past years.

IMHO, I find it to be a bit tacky.

I don't see guests at a fine hotel or resort carrying plates of food on elevators or in hallways.

I don't think it has any place on a cruise ship, but that is my opinion.

Certainly the food on a plate at the buffet, or in the MDR, or sitting beneath the heat lamp on the buffet is also "exposed to people's breath ,hair and perfumes."

My food is exposed to perfumes? :eek:

Mixed feelings: It's true that people that can afford cruising should have no problems affording the new fee;

But on the other hand, if you want to grab a snack to go to enjoy in the privacy of your cabin, well , I don't see the harm in it.

Last year I had a achy throat and asked my partner to grab a soup from the buffet for me so I could sip it in bad. I'm 100 percent sure I didn't put anybody in risk by doing that....

Often get breakfast for the sleeping teen and bring it back to the room for him. Or will grab a full tray of breakfast for the family if we are trying to get off to an excursion in port. Also like a snack on the balcony in the evening.

Edited by conandrob240

Mixed feelings: It's true that people that can afford cruising should have no problems affording the new fee;

But on the other hand, if you want to grab a snack to go to enjoy in the privacy of your cabin, well , I don't see the harm in it.

Last year I had a achy throat and asked my partner to grab a soup from the buffet for me so I could sip it in bad. I'm 100 percent sure I didn't put anybody in risk by doing that....

Right now the big issue with it is cleanliness

• 1 month later...

Just got off of getaway. We brought food to our cabin many times and never had a problem. We also ordered room service once. We paid the service charge and was able to order a few sandwiches, drinks and dessert.

Just got off of getaway. We brought food to our cabin many times and never had a problem. We also ordered room service once. We paid the service charge and was able to order a few sandwiches, drinks and dessert.

That's because they cancelled the "no food in rooms" policy about 2 weeks after they implemented it

I recently emailed and sent a letter to NCL expressing my concern with the food policy. I never received a response. I received a call from an NCL cruise agent offering to help me book a cruise because he had seen that I logged on to my latitudes account so I expressed my disappointment In the new food policy to him. CanadaJulie is correct. He confirmed that the food policy was retracted 2 weeks after it was implemented due to significant customer complaints. I thought it was odd that I had not seen this news online anywhere over the last couple of months. I certainly had no trouble hearing about it when it was implemented. I google searched it and found a link to the announcement on NCL's blog. I would think that they would do a better job announcing the reversal of the policy since so many were upset over it.

I was speaking with a cruise representative on the Dawn last month. She told me that the food policy was retracted, because of the many complaints.

Management does keep a finger on the pulse, by reading CC.

I did notice fewer dishes piled in the hallways. Either the crew is gathering them up more often, or fewer people are doing room service due to the delivery charge.