Room Service Question on Breakaway

vnova91

Hi-

This is my first NCL cruise

On RCCL cruises- we usually get a pot of coffee delivered every morning to start our day off.

If I do the same on NCL will there be a $7.95 charge for that???

And is that charge a tip for the person who brings it up???

Hi-

On RCCL cruises- we usually get a pot of coffee delivered every morning to start our day off.

Coffee & a few other little things are still free

Hi-

The continental breakfast and coffee/tea is still free. Most tip the delivery person a dollar or so.

What comes with the continental breakfast? Is it worth having it delivered to your room when you can walk not that far and have a breakfast buffet somewhere. :D

It is pretty limited. Sweet rolls, juice and coffee. Good for early risers who like to chill out awhile on the balcony with coffee and a "snack" while waiting for others to get ready for the main event in the buffet.

it appears that there may be a coffee maker in the room - how much coffee comes with it or do you have to bring or buy your own?

What is your room category? No coffee makers in oveanview or inside cabins.

Balcony has 4 cup. Steward will provide coffee packets each day.

Suites have a Lavazza machine.

All cabins have a continental breakfast card you can hang on your cabin door eack night with morning delivery time chosen and items chosen from pastry/muffins, juice, coffee/tea That is free until 10:30am.

Thanks for all the input. We tend to be early risers and this seems like something that would make our morning easier. While each one of us is in the shower getting ready the rest of us can have a little snack, which will curb that early morning feeling hungry hostility :D:D:D

If you have a coffee maker in your room, it makes one cup at a time. Your room steward will leave single serve coffee pods in your room. You put the pod in the filter basket and water in the back of the coffee maker and push start. Pretty simple. Creamers, sugar and sugar substitute are provided. If you need to have more coffee pods available in the AM, tell your room steward and more will be provided.

Just off the Breakaway on Sunday. We never ordered room service, but saw the menu. The "free" continental breakfast is very limited and even if you only order one thing from the paid menu, you will be charged the room service fee. The menu also stated that no more than 2 pastries per person could be ordered. If you like to eat more than that, it may be worth it to have the first person out of the shower go to the buffet and bring back a plate of pastries. By the time the second person is showered, you'll be back in the room with the food. Leave your plate on the counter in the room. The room steward will take it away when the beds are made after you leave.

Edited by bjtravelnews