Just curious..any more "Dinner with the Officers"?

jaja

On my last 3 cruises..over span of a few years....there has been NO "Dinner with the Officers" offered. (on the Gem with different HDs)).. .Wondering if this is fleet wide or just the Gem or if it is determined by HD or what ? Has anyone seen one offered recently?

Just curious..if this is yet another change with NCL...:confused:

Less than two weeks ago, Dinner with the Officers was offered on the Norwegian Star.

We put our names into the lottery for interested participants. The Dinner with the Officers' lottery was listed several times in the Freestyle Daily.

Dinner was on June 22.

We were delighted to sit with the Staff Captain, Spa Manager, and two other lovely couples.

Spots for "Dinner with an Officer" can be offered to any VIPs onboard and to Suite Guests before being opened for the "general public". If enough of the VIPs and Suite Guests have an interest, there may be no spots remaining and thus it wouldn't appear to be offered.

On the Sun's Christmas cruise in 2014 this was advertised on several days in the dailies. When I went to guest services to sign up, they said that they weren't doing it. But then the advertisement appeared again the next day in my cabin. :confused::mad:

Spots for "Dinner with an Officer" can be offered to any VIPs onboard and to Suite Guests before being opened for the "general public". If enough of the VIPs and Suite Guests have an interest, there may be no spots remaining and thus it wouldn't appear to be offered.

So glad it is still going on...such a nice treat for those that attend..:)

Just as an FYI...the times I did go..(in the past)..it was thru sign up at CC M&G.

I have sailed last few years as a suite guest and CC M&G attendee and it was not mentioned at M&G or in the dailies. That is why I was curious...

We had it on the Pearl in early May. They didn't exactly publicize it, but we went down to Guest Services and just asked to sign up. Our officers weren't that high up on the totem pole, but they were fun and interesting. One of them was on the food and beverage side, and he made a couple of immediate phone calls based on people's observations. The other was both the Group coordinator and Accessibility coordinator - lots of interesting conversation with her.

No extra cost, and includes wine at their expense. Lately they have been taking folks to one of the Specialty restaurants, but even when they took us to the MDR, we got special service and extra treats brought down from one of the specialty restaurants.

When we were in the Star in April, it was offered at the M&G.

Edit: We were in a suite but didn't receive an invitation for that reason. They did invite all the suites to a bridge tour though. Maybe it's one or the other depending on the cruise.

Edited by cadien

My first cruise on the Sky we received an invite to Officers dinner. Was very nice to meet new people and chat the heads of some of the divisions on the ship. We also received a bottle of wine and a plate of chocolates from NCL. Great unexpected gifts for a second time cruiser :)

We had the pleasure of dinning with the captain . :)

I wore my finest Hawaiian / Harley shirt .

Turns out The Captain rides a heavy cruising bike Too when home . :D

We had a nice little " bugs in the teeth " chat on the down low . ;)

We had the pleasure of dinning with the captain . :)

I wore my finest Hawaiian / Harley shirt .

Turns out The Captain rides a heavy cruising bike Too when home . :D

We had a nice little " bugs in the teeth " chat on the down low . ;)

You wouldn't be talking about Lars Bergstrom, would ye ?

On my last 3 cruises..over span of a few years....there has been NO "Dinner with the Officers" offered. (on the Gem with different HDs)).. .Wondering if this is fleet wide or just the Gem or if it is determined by HD or what ? Has anyone seen one offered recently?

Just curious..if this is yet another change with NCL...:confused:

Whether or not there is an Officers Table Hosting is based on the HD and who might be occupying the "Deluxe Apartment(s) in the Sky".

Just off the Gem yesterday, No officers dinner offered and no signup at the meet & Greet.

Yeah...beginning to think it is a "Gem thing" ..not doing them ...:(