Have Equinox Questions ? Ask Here !

Andy

Hi Everyone,

I'm sailing on Celebrity Equinox this Friday (April 17th). We can't wait to be onboard this beautiful Celebrity ship once again ! If you have any Equinox questions, please post on this thread, and I will try my very best to obtain answers.

Of course, I will be asking about Luminae, and plan to provide "almost live" updates from the ship... as long as the Internet cooperates.

Thanks very much !

Edited by Host Andy

Does anyone know if the staterooms deck 3 near elevator's suffer from lots of noise ?

I've stayed there a few times. No major issues to report. Hope this helps !

Please ask when the molecular bar is going away and what is replacing it. We are sailing on the Solstice in late may (may 29), so I know the timing may not be exactly the same, but it might give me a better idea what to expect. And hopefully it will be awsome so I won't be as sad

Enjoy your trip! Love the Equinox....Wondering if the Gastropub will be busier than it was when we cruised last December and its bartenders more friendly....

We were really disappointed last year at Gastropub and had read that others had same experience.

Check to see if there is much turn over of crew after your cruise. The next one is the TA on he 27th. Would like to know if I have to train the staff. Make sure they keep it nice and clean, and don't drink to much so they have enough with the re-stock for us.

I hope there are lots of questions and answers here. I will be following. We sail on the Mardi Gras cruise [Feb 2017] aboard the Equinox. It has been 5 yrs since I sailed on Celebrity.

We were on the Equinox on the 27th March eatern caribbean crusie. We looked at booking the Mardi Gras cruise while on board, but almost everything was already sold out for 2017, they said they could put us on a wait list for concierge,and the prices, well we could have had two cruises for the prices they were showing.

As it was we booked for Late March 2017 for the western Caribbean................... Well youjust have to ;)

Looking forward to Host Andy's thoughts on our ship !

Edited by bluwes

Hi Andy

Please ask Jelena or Luca at the Molecular Bar if they know

what will happen to it once the relationship with Junior Merino ends in May.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Edited by chamima

Have they rolled out the new entertainment shows yet? (Elyria etc). If not, do they know when Equinox will get them? Has anything replaced Sin City for late night entertainment?

Thanks Andy and have a wonderful voyage!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoy your trip! Love the Equinox....Wondering if the Gastropub will be busier than it was when we cruised last December and its bartenders more friendly....

We were really disappointed last year at Gastropub and had read that others had same experience.

Hi Tbmrt,

I'm curious to see if there's any improvement as well. When we last sailed on Equinox in January, Gastrobar was very quiet. They seemed to be doing some business at the Bar, but I rarely saw anyone ordering from the menu - and that includes Super Bowl Sunday, which speaks volumes. IMO, part of the problem, was that Celebrity did virtually nothing to promote either Gastrobar or Slush onboard. Perhaps a coupon or two for Captains Club members would have created some interest.

Hopefully, both venues will be busier on our upcoming sailing.

We got a guarantee cabin on deck 8 inside for our cruise in just over a month, any info about what the space opposite them is would be appreciated. Also menus for Bistro on 5, as there seems some confusion since the price rise. Are those lovely looking lounges in other posts around the solarium on Equinox?

Andy, we hope you and your family have a wonderful cruise. As you know, we board Equinox on the 27th, so we look forward to reading whatever you write about your cruise and the Equinox - answers to people's questions or any comments you have or experiences you want to share. Wish you were staying onboard for the Transatlantic cruise; it would be even more fun with you on the cruise.

Bon voyage,

Kathy & Jack

Andy, I just read about the Bistro on Five price increase on some ships. We would be interested in hearing if Equinox increased the price and if Bistro has the expanded menu. We would be mostly interested in crepe additions, such as Croque Madame (egg, cheese, ham crepe or sandwich) that someone mentioned for Bistro on Five on Silhouette. And does the price include gelato?

Thanks!

Kathy

Edited by TourDeCruise

Andy, I just read about the Bistro on Five price increase on some ships. We would be interested in hearing if Equinox increased the price and if Bistro has the expanded menu. We would be mostly interested in crepe additions, such as Croque Madame (egg, cheese, ham crepe or sandwich) that someone mentioned for Bistro on Five on Silhouette. And does the price include gelato?

Thanks!

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

I will be sure to obtain an update on Bistro pricing (and if there's any new menu items) while onboard Equinox. I will post on this thread. Have a wonderful time on the Transatlantic sailing, and please say hi to Jack for me. All the best !

Thanks, Andy, for your cruise wishes and your Bistro on Five and Equinox reports! Please tell your mother (and other family) hi from us and to enjoy another wonderful cruise. You are so good to all of us on Cruise Critic. Have a great time. We look forward to your reports!

I hope Equinox has a good wifi signal during our cruises.

Kathy