Cruising From Galveston

BcIcemen

The closest airport is Hobby (HOU) but only Southwest serves that airport. Hobby is about 45 minutes from the cruise terminal.

The main airport is Bush Intercontinental (IAH) but it's another half hour away, about 1:15...

Either one has Carnival transfers available, $30 from Hobby each way and $40 from IAH each way.

There's plenty of shuttle and limo services available as well.

I'll be moving this thread to the Gulf Coast Departures forum in a bit. Hope you come back to check soon...

:)

The closest airport is Hobby (HOU) but only Southwest serves that airport. Hobby is about 45 minutes from the cruise terminal.

Hey Mach: Just a small correction. While Southwest is the largest player at HOU (Hobby), they are not the only airline as you mentioned.

Delta, American, Air Tran, Jetblue, and Frontier also seve Hobby.:)

Both airports are easy to get to Galveston from by rental car. The Carnival shuttle is only available on the day of departure and I always go in a day early.

There are no car rental agencies open on Galveston Island on Sunday's so keep that in mind if you are cruising on the Conquest. I would probably fly in on Saturday, rent a car and turn it back in before the rental agency closes on Saturday evening. It's a $15 to $20 cab ride to the pier from almost anywhere on the island.

Hey Mach: Just a small correction. While Southwest is the largest player at HOU (Hobby), they are not the only airline as you mentioned.

Delta, American, Air Tran, Jetblue, and Frontier also seve Hobby.:)

Is it those airlines proper or is it contracted regionals operating under the airlines name?

:confused:

Is it those airlines proper or is it contracted regionals operating under the airlines name?

:confused:

Jetlue, Air Tran, and Frontier operate their own equipment, Delta operates both mainline as well as Delta Connection, and American operates their wholly owned subsidiary, American Eagle.

The main airport is Bush Intercontinental (IAH) but it's another half hour away, about 1:15...

Either one has Carnival transfers available, $30 from Hobby each way and $40 from IAH each way.

There's plenty of shuttle and limo services available as well.

I'll be moving this thread to the Gulf Coast Departures forum in a bit. Hope you come back to check soon...

:)

Thanks for you're input and facts!:D

I compliment all the hosts work!!!!!!!

Since you are Cruise Critic Host and Moderater and 10,000 Plus Member and Club Member..............you're information comes across a litlle more authoritative and can be more accurate! Eventhough Im sure you have been questioned at times yourself..

Chime in any time you like!!!! :D Even if it is with me or to educate me!

Archived