can you buy a liquor bottle on a cruise?

antman455

I know you can bring one bottle per cruise which sucks. But I was wondering do they sell full size Liquor bottle on The ship? If so how much it will be? I will be taking a cruise on carnival glory. Hopefully they have a small abc store or something like it. I have heard the bars cost too much for drinks. hope to hear from some one.

I know you can bring one bottle per cruise which sucks. But I was wondering do they sell full size Liquor bottle on The ship? If so how much it will be? I will be taking a cruise on carnival glory. Hopefully they have a small abc store or something like it. I have heard the bars cost too much for drinks. hope to hear from some one.

That is one bottle of wine

You can order liquor through Bon Voyage dept by phone.

They say you can order through room service, but I

don't know if it is available on all ships or not.

Antman - You need to call the Bon Voyage dept and they will have it in your cabin when you board. Here is the price list and phone number.

Bon Voyage 800-522-7648 as of 2/22/10

__________________________________________________ __

Rums:

Capt Morgan Spiced $55, Gosling, Appleton VX, Bacardi $40.

Malibu $55

Vodkas:

Absolute Citron, Stoli , Skye and Finlandia $40

Grey Goose, and 3 olives $60

Gin:

Beefeater $40

Slow Gin $40

Bombay Sapphire $55

Canadian Whiskeys:

Canadian Club and Seagram’s 7 $38

Crown Royal and Jamison $55

Scotch:

Dewar’s $60

Chivas Regal $60

Johnny Walker/Black $70

Bourbon:

Jack Daniels $65

Maker’s Mark $60

Jim Beam $38

Tequila:

1800 - $55

Margaritaville $40

Salsa Hornitas (Sp) $60

Patron Silver $70

After Dinner:

Raspberry Liquor $40

Frangelico $45

Jagermeister $60

Chambord $60

Limoncello $60

Amaretto:

Disaronna $45

Brandy

Courvoisier $55

Apricot, Blackberry, and Cherry $40

Smirnoff Ice - Citrus $5.75

Beer:

Bud/Bud Light 16 ounce $5.75

Miller/Coors Reg/Lite 12 oz bottle $4.95

Heinekin 12 oz bottle $4.95

Amstel Reg/Lite - $4.95

Michelob Ultra $5.75 16 oz

Corona – 12 oz bottle - $4.95

Fosters – Large 750ML $6.75

Beer is sold as singles. The prices do not differ for a case.

Red Bull Reg/Sugar Free $4.75 (8.3 oz)

Mixers (soda’s/juices) are the same [/font][/color]price as the bar. $1.95 for a can of soda and $1.75 for juice.

Fresh Lemon and lime can be ordered from Room Service

• 11 months later...

This is great information. I never would have known being a first time cruiser and with the liquor information not on the Carnival website.

Just called them and the Vodka prices you quoted are still accurate (June 10/2011). Great deal compared to the crazy prices I'm sure they charge for a 1 oz. mixed drink. Likely $5 or $6 an ounce buying by the drink but about $1.10 an ounce getting the bottle waiting in your room.

wrong. you can not bring a bottle of liquor on board. you can bring wine on board.

yes, you can buy liquor on board, but not to consume. they will hold it till the end.

not that you asked, but you can set yourself up before the cruise by ordering bon voyage liquor. a bit pricey, but cheaper than buying drink by drink.

or, you can smuggle a sealed bottle. worse that will happen is they will hold it while you sail till the end if they detect it.

I had my bottle of Seagrams waiting for me in my room, I ordered thru Bon Voyage. I'm not a big drinker anyway and then I took my six pack of GingerAle on in my cooler. Doing the same thing this year. Bottle wasn't as cheap as a local store but cheaper than the bars onboard.

Antman - You need to call the Bon Voyage dept and they will have it in your cabin when you board. Here is the price list and phone number.

Bon Voyage 800-522-7648 as of 2/22/10

__________________________________________________ __

Rums:

Capt Morgan Spiced $55, Gosling, Appleton VX, Bacardi $40.

Malibu $55

Vodkas:

Absolute Citron, Stoli , Skye and Finlandia $40

Grey Goose, and 3 olives $60

Gin:

Beefeater $40

Slow Gin $40

Bombay Sapphire $55

Canadian Whiskeys:

Canadian Club and Seagram’s 7 $38

Crown Royal and Jamison $55

Scotch:

Dewar’s $60

Chivas Regal $60

Johnny Walker/Black $70

Bourbon:

Jack Daniels $65

Maker’s Mark $60

Jim Beam $38

Tequila:

1800 - $55

Margaritaville $40

Salsa Hornitas (Sp) $60

Patron Silver $70

After Dinner:

Raspberry Liquor $40

Frangelico $45

Jagermeister $60

Chambord $60

Limoncello $60

Amaretto:

Disaronna $45

Brandy

Courvoisier $55

Apricot, Blackberry, and Cherry $40

Smirnoff Ice - Citrus $5.75

Beer:

Bud/Bud Light 16 ounce $5.75

Miller/Coors Reg/Lite 12 oz bottle $4.95

Heinekin 12 oz bottle $4.95

Amstel Reg/Lite - $4.95

Michelob Ultra $5.75 16 oz

Corona – 12 oz bottle - $4.95

Fosters – Large 750ML $6.75

Beer is sold as singles. The prices do not differ for a case.

Red Bull Reg/Sugar Free $4.75 (8.3 oz)

Mixers (soda’s/juices) are the same [/font][/color]price as the bar. $1.95 for a can of soda and $1.75 for juice.

Fresh Lemon and lime can be ordered from Room Service

Except in Galveston. It will be delivered to your room the second day due to Texas liquor laws.

• 3 weeks later...
I had my bottle of Seagrams waiting for me in my room, I ordered thru Bon Voyage. I'm not a big drinker anyway and then I took my six pack of GingerAle on in my cooler. Doing the same thing this year. Bottle wasn't as cheap as a local store but cheaper than the bars onboard.

Did the same thing for Saturday coming up. 1L bottle of Beefeater was $40, which is about $10 more than local stores. Considering I would have to buy rum runners and then pack them and worry, etc, it was worth the extra $15. On the ship $15 will buy you ~2 drinks!

I figure with about 22 shots in a 1L bottle, the bottle has a shipboard value of ~$150 if they're pouring legitimate shots at 1 shot/$7 drink.

I drink gin at home anyway, so I can pick up a bottle of the good stuff at the duty free shop and it probably works out about even ($15 extra on liquor for boat, $15 off bottle at duty free).

You can order ahead or onboard through guest services.

But I did find out that if you wait until you're onboard, you pay the 15% gratuity on it. For a $60 bottle of Grey Goose that would have been $9! So we ordered ahead of time...

Did the same thing for Saturday coming up. 1L bottle of Beefeater was $40, which is about $10 more than local stores. Considering I would have to buy rum runners and then pack them and worry, etc, it was worth the extra $15. On the ship $15 will buy you ~2 drinks!

I figure with about 22 shots in a 1L bottle, the bottle has a shipboard value of ~$150 if they're pouring legitimate shots at 1 shot/$7 drink.

I drink gin at home anyway, so I can pick up a bottle of the good stuff at the duty free shop and it probably works out about even ($15 extra on liquor for boat, $15 off bottle at duty free).

Yep, I always get Beefeater too, gin drinkers get off cheap!:) I love how a liter of Gin is $40, and Malibu is $55 or whatever. Great value. FYI, the OFTEN have deals on multiple bottles of Bombay Saph in the duty free shop, I've gotten good deals on it in the past.

I have ordered liquor from Bon voyage every time I cruise - am on my 9th, and it has been in my room every time. I bring on my diet coke and have drinks through out the cruise - You can and do get to keep it in your room to have through out the Journey. I bring my big travelin Tervis cup with lid so I know which one is mine:D

So if i order a bottle from bon voyage it will be in my room when i show up?

Yes, order from Bon Voyage on the phone and it will be in your room at embarkation. EXCEPT when you sail from Texas or Alabama. It will arrive the next day due to local liqour laws.

Archived