sunset beach resort

sittingonthedock

Curious if anyone has used resort for a day and tried sunset beach resort in Jamaica and how it was trying to find something to take my wife and 11yo son. Thanks

I have never been on a day pass. However, I stayed there in 2003 for my honeymoon for a week and again in 2013 for 4 nights for my anniversary.

The pools and beach are nice. Staff is friendly and the drinks are fine (we aren't huge drinkers but tips here and there seem to help those looking for stronger drinks).

Food was hit or miss. The buffet typically had an option that we liked but we were not fans of the grill area. The hot dogs and hamburgers there were sub par.

I think it would make a fine beach day if you are looking to relax.

Hope this is helpful

My Wife and I actually purchased the Resort for a day pass for this resort last year on our cruise on the Dream. We felt we got great value out of it. There was plenty to do, drink and eat. Drinks aren't the "best" but they serve the purpose. Pools are spacious and clean, beaches were decent with nice water. The food that we ate was really fresh, and tasty. Our experience with the Cheeseburgers/Hot Dogs/Fries were exceptional. We would absolutely do this again if in Jamaica. Good luck!

I spent my 40th birthday there in 2004 and really enjoyed it. Glad to hear it is still getting good reviews. I am looking at booking a cruise that stops in Montego Bay, and did not even think about getting a day pass for the resort. Probably would not have gotten off the ship!

Curious if anyone has used resort for a day and tried sunset beach resort in Jamaica and how it was trying to find something to take my wife and 11yo son. Thanks

Have used Sunset Beach Resort day pass two times. Buffet was included, plus hamburgers, in addition to all the drinks, alcohol and non-alcohol. It was very clean, and best part was only few minutes away from where our ship docked. We could see our ship from the hotel. There was a free shuttle from the dock to the resort. Check to see where your ship will be docking. We felt safe, and enjoyed our all day inclusive at their resort and beach.

While I haven't been to Sunset Beach, I have used Resort For a Day twice now (once in Montego Bay to Hilton Rose Hall and once in Ocho Rios for Sunset Grande Resort) and had good experiences with them both times. So I highly recommend booking with them.

As for the resort, it was one of the options we were looking at last time we were there (as I said we went to Rose Hall instead) and during my research, another cruisers posted their pictures of the place (it reminds me of the Sunset Grande in Ocho Rios). HERE is their picture review if you are interested.

We did in nov 2013. My kids and hubby enjoyed it. The drinks were plentiful and the jerk chicken delicious. They didn't pitch a fit when we rode double down the waterslide with our 3 year old. Overall it was a win and I'd be happy to partake again.

The only bummer was both dh and dd met the business end of a jellyfish tentacle (broken off) near the paddle boat area. It hurt badly but they suggested pouring booze on it and that helped. Booze=the answer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My family has been there twice and both times we used resort for a day and thoroughly enjoyed both times. What I would suggest is if you drink beer to bring your own larger cup as the ones they use are very small and the main bar is a walk from the main pool with the water slides and lazy river. They do not mind you using your own cup as they actually washed mine each time prior to filling. Just a little FYI to help. Have a great time.

where do you buy packages for this tour ?

Carnival doesn't offers this tour:(

It's not a Carnival excursion.

You book using Resort For A Day online. They give you all the directions and it usually includes your transportation (they pick you right up at the port) to and from, the day there, food and drinks. :)

It's not a Carnival excursion.

You book using Resort For A Day online. They give you all the directions and it usually includes your transportation (they pick you right up at the port) to and from, the day there, food and drinks. :)

Thank you!

Is it safe ?

That's how long the port ?

Thank you!

Is it safe ?

That's how long the port ?

Yes, it is a resort and you won't have people there hassling you so no worries.

It's only a few minutes away from the port. You can actually see it when you pull in. :)

I would never go that far from the Falmouth port since it's actually past the Montego Bay port.

If you are docking in Falmouth, I would suggest going to Hilton Rose Hall. Hilton Rose Hall is located between Montego Bay and Falmouth cruise ports.

• 3 months later...
Have used Sunset Beach Resort day pass two times. Buffet was included, plus hamburgers, in addition to all the drinks, alcohol and non-alcohol. It was very clean, and best part was only few minutes away from where our ship docked. We could see our ship from the hotel. There was a free shuttle from the dock to the resort. Check to see where your ship will be docking. We felt safe, and enjoyed our all day inclusive at their resort and beach.

Where can we find this "free" shuttle at the port to Sunset Beach?