Ncl epic - o'sheehan's 24 hr. Restaurant

JimInBuffalo

Of the information that I have seen so far, O'Sheehans specialty restaurant on the Epic is the only 24-hour restaurant on the ship (excluding room service). It appears from the menu description that this restaurant will be similar to that of the Blue Lagoon on other NCL ships. The Blue Lagoon is one of my favorites and has been very convenient for us on past cruises.

The Blue Lagoon was always no-charge on other ships. I see that O'Sheehans has a surcharge however, I have not seen how much the surcharge is.

Does anyone know what NCL will be charging for this specialty restaurant?

Thanks,

-Jim In Buffalo

Of the information that I have seen so far, O'Sheehans specialty restaurant on the Epic is the only 24-hour restaurant on the ship (excluding room service). It appears from the menu description that this restaurant will be similar to that of the Blue Lagoon on other NCL ships. The Blue Lagoon is one of my favorites and has been very convenient for us on past cruises.

The Blue Lagoon was always no-charge on other ships. I see that O'Sheehans has a surcharge however, I have not seen how much the surcharge is.

Thanks,

-Jim In Buffalo

I was under the impression and from what I have heard and read in the brochure that there is no surcharge for O'Sheehan's. I am hoping that is the case because I plan on eating there frequently.

Thanks,

-Jim In Buffalo

Where did you see that O'Sheehans has a surcharge ?

It doesn't

Only charge in O'Sheehan is for Bowling some drinks ie Alcoholic, pop, beer and speicalty coffees etc. The meals and your take out of food is free.

Do you know what the charge is for the bowling? DH and I would really like to try this out on a ship!:)

Snow Bunny

The eats are not chargeable,but drinks are if from the bar,also the pool table,air hockey,pin table i would imagine would be chargeable,its a very nice venue with a view of the big screen so you can watch sport etc,if shown,there is also a kareoke sing a long but didnt see this used,i would imagine it will be a fun venue when busy,the food was nice what we had :):):)

Do you know what the charge is for the bowling? DH and I would really like to try this out on a ship!:)

Snow Bunny

HIJACK IN PROCESS!!!!!!!!

NOW>>>> Back to the topic............

I was surprised to hear that food at O'Sheehans is avail 24 hours. OP - Are you sure this is correct?

HIJACK IN PROCESS!!!!!!!!

NOW>>>> Back to the topic............

I was surprised to hear that food at O'Sheehans is avail 24 hours. OP - Are you sure this is correct?

The OP is correct. This is from the NCL website -

This place is so inviting, everyone here really may eventually know your name. Dine on American classics as well as your favorite comfort foods, served 24 hours a day. There's even a three-lane bowling alley.

Bowling on other NCL ships that have lanes is $5.00/game.

In your experience, do the lanes get so crowded that only a few people get to try them? My kids have said they want to bowl, but I told them to not get their hopes up with 6 lanes and 4000 people

In your experience, do the lanes get so crowded that only a few people get to try them? My kids have said they want to bowl, but I told them to not get their hopes up with 6 lanes and 4000 people

We bowled on the Pearl and never had a problem getting a lane. There were only I think two allys there. I guess a lot of cruisers are not bowlers...but it sure is fun especially on a moving ship...I hope you get to try it.

-Manhattan Room, reminiscent of an elegant supper club complete with music, dancing and entertainment;

-O'Sheehan's Neighborhood Bar & Grill, serving American favorites and comfort food, 24 hours;

-Garden Café, Norwegian's signature action station casual restaurant;

-Great Outdoors, the pool-side grill;

-Spice H20, serving Latin and Asian-influenced cuisine in the adults-only complex;

-Atrium Cafe and Wine Bar;

-Studio Lounge, serving snacks and light fare;

-Epic Club, the elegant, exclusive eatery available to Norwegian Epic's Suite and Villa guests;

-Courtyard Grill, the more casual, outdoor area of the Epic Grill, open for breakfast and lunch; and

-24-hour room service.

"It's important for our guests to know that Freestyle Cruising on Norwegian Epic will offer the ultimate in freedom and flexibility, especially when it comes to dining," said Kevin Sheehan, Norwegian Cruise Line's chief executive officer. "With that flexibility comes a wide-range of complimentary dining venues and options."

In addition, Norwegian also announced the cover charges for Norwegian Epic's specialty dining/entertainment venues:

-La Cucina, Tuscan-style eatery serving regional Italian specialties, $10 per person;

-Cirque Dreams & Dinner, two shows nightly including a three-course meal, $15 for general seating/$20 per person for preferred seating;

-Shanghai's, Norwegian Epic's new Chinese restaurant serving a delicious mix of Chinese dishes and noodle bar specialties, $15 per person;

-Shanghai's Noodle Bar, a la carte pricing;

-Wasabi, expansive sushi and sake bar, a la carte pricing;

-Le Bistro, Norwegian's elegant bistro serving classic French cuisine with an American flair, $20 per person;

-Moderno Churrascaria, expansive salad bar and choice of a variety of meats served by tableside passadors, $18 per person;

-Cagney's Steakhouse, the line's signature American steakhouse, $25 per person;

-Teppanyaki, the largest signature Japanese experiential restaurant at sea, $25 per person; and

-Pizza delivery, $5, available 24 hours around the ship.

Has anyone seen the menu for O'Sheehan's? This is one I haven't seen yet but its the one I am most interested in. I have a feeling I'll be spending most my dining time here.

Looks like same items as they had in Blue Lagoon hard to read but it's a photo: http://public.fotki.com/HeinBloed/norwegian-epic/2010-ncl-epic-22104.html#media the photo is around 389 for O'Sheehan's.

He has some terrific photos and new ones as long as his site doesn't get slammed with onlookers you should be able to access the pics.

Thanks for the great replies. I was very surprised when I read the info that I had seen showing the the cost for the restaurant. I doubted it mostly for the reason that it also said that reservations were required.

I got the info from my T/A's website:

http://www.*****.com/dining_ship.cfm?shipid=515&id=npfy

I might drop them a line to update their info.

Thanks for the good news. I love the Blue Lagoon(s) and I hope that the only difference on the Epic is the name of the restaurant.

-Jim

It looks as though it will have everything the Blue Lagoon had and more. I noticed on the menu that it served breakfast all day which seems like a nice bonus.

Breakfast ALL DAY??? Seriously? Oh wow...that is the best news I've heard yet. :D hehe (I can eat breakfast any time of the day and on those days I'll want to sleep in a little, this is great news)

Breakfast ALL DAY??? Seriously? Oh wow...that is the best news I've heard yet. :D hehe (I can eat breakfast any time of the day and on those days I'll want to sleep in a little, this is great news)

I love all-day breakfast and sometimes breakfast for dinner is a huge treat!

The one and ONLY thing I ALWAYS hate about vacations (no matter where you go), is that you have to be up by a certain time in order to make breakfast. I'm not a early riser to begin with because I usually stay up half the night. That's just my schedule. I will be pulling my hair out to try to get up early enough to be off the boat by 8am on dock days. Eeeekkk! :eek:

Looks like same items as they had in Blue Lagoon hard to read but it's a photo: http://public.fotki.com/HeinBloed/norwegian-epic/2010-ncl-epic-22104.html#media the photo is around 389 for O'Sheehan's.

He has some terrific photos and new ones as long as his site doesn't get slammed with onlookers you should be able to access the pics.

Thanks so much! I've tried to get one his website a few times before but never could get on. It was always closed down when I tried. But thanks for reminding me to keep checking, and letting me know it was there. It worked this time!!! :D I've never been on NCL before so I had no idea really what is served in the Blue Lagoon. My husband is going to be so happy. Breakfast all day! Wow.

Archived