Nassau beach recommendations???

jchiumento

My family and I will be cruising on the Norwegian Escape on 9/3. I am looking for beach recommendations for Nassau. Does anyone have some insight into which beaches are good, which to avoid, ease of getting there from the cruise pier. Any info is welcome. Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
Very short cab ride or 10 or 15 minute walk from dock to free public beach- Junkanoo beach. It is past the British Colonial hotel. They have good and reasonable facilities there.

How much is a cab for 2 people 2 Junkanoo Beach?

10 minute walk. Not worth the cab fare.

Might be a 10 minute walk for you but I have rheumatoid arthritis and have trouble walking so if anyone knows what the cab fare is for 2 people I would really appreciate knowing.

• 4 weeks later...
Might be a 10 minute walk for you but I have rheumatoid arthritis and have trouble walking so if anyone knows what the cab fare is for 2 people I would really appreciate knowing.

Take a cab. Sidewalks are small, sometimes non-existent, sometimes crowded, full of hawkers , and it's hot. I did the walk, but with my walking difficulties, I would take a cab next time. We really enjoyed the beach, pool, and ocean.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My family and I will be cruising on the Norwegian Escape on 9/3. I am looking for beach recommendations for Nassau. Does anyone have some insight into which beaches are good, which to avoid, ease of getting there from the cruise pier. Any info is welcome. Thanks in advance!

What did you end up picking????and how was it