when will 2014 sailings be offered

Hawaiidan

I am wondering when the 2014 sailings will be offered as the sailing I wanted in 2013, 38 days, is sold out and I wanted to be ready to jump on the April 2014 trip when it comes out.

Second, this cruise is actualy 2 sub cruises one of 20 and the other 18 days; Is it possible to get the 5% discount off the second half as a repeat cruiser? ( This will be my first Oceana foray).

When we have done B2B in the past we got 5% off both cruises plus an air credit for the unused flights

I would check with your TA or Oceania

As for schedules they may be out in Sept not sure if April 2014 will be in that lot or if they come out later like March

I am sure someone will remember when the April sailing usually appear

I am wondering when the 2014 sailings will be offered as the sailing I wanted in 2013, 38 days, is sold out and I wanted to be ready to jump on the April 2014 trip when it comes out.

Second, this cruise is actualy 2 sub cruises one of 20 and the other 18 days; Is it possible to get the 5% discount off the second half as a repeat cruiser? ( This will be my first Oceana foray).

Make sure your cruises for 2013 are really sold out..also there are discounts for a B2B cruise..so be sure and check..

Jancruz1

I With the "Ultimate Cruise:" on Marina Booked out almost 6 months ago, I booked a Jan cruise for 30 days to So America and a 43 day cruise in Aisia in October to Dec. So 2013 is pretty packed;).

This is why I am looking at ( have to) 2014... anf the Ultimate Cruise is what I want..38 days Tahiti to Lima to NY.:o

While some like their 7-10and 14 day ers... I discovered that life begins at 21 days and flowers at 30... For a 10 day its not really worth un-packing; you get on and start getting ready to get off just when your starting to have a good time.

I was speaking to the repfrom Oceania last week and she noted pricing and cruises for 2014 should be announced late August. We are looking to get a head start on a South American cruise.

Bob

I was speaking to the repfrom Oceania last week and she noted pricing and cruises for 2014 should be announced late August. We are looking to get a head start on a South American cruise.

Bob

I am checking with the "boss" I dont think they will be out that early...

Jancruz1

I was proud to be one of her crew it was an honor.

She was also the first US ship to shell the mainland of Japan, Part of Taffy 1 in the Suriga Straits,off Samar and was close fire support at Iwo Jima,in 45 where she scraped her bottom throwing 5 inch shells in support of the landing.

I was on her in the SE Aisia actions my first cruise..

Thank you for remembering her.

HD,/ USNR

Forgive me dropping the A in THATHEN my hunt and peck and caps often lead me astray and my laptop at times writes what it damn well pleases.

Wife and I are during the Papeete to Lima next April on Marina. :p

Hope you enjoy that trip I have been in Tahiti 4 times starting in 1983 with Royal Viking..

Too I am sailing from China to LA through Bora in November 13, So I am most interested in the LIMA to LONDON 36 day as I can zip over to Lima and do the Picchu,, come back to the ship and then sail the to the Canal and Hit Aurba Charleston and NY, before a trans Atlantic to London via Ireland. Like Alexander, I am about out of places to go. But enjoy sea days... and can't see the worth of geting on a ship for less than 21 days

To the Marina departs on a thursday and flight from Hawaii only go on Saturday, SO I would have to hang out in PPT for 4 days...which is 5 days too long in Tahiti.

In Bora and Moorea, the hot ticket is to get a guided wave runner tour.. you can book as a private tour... its 3 hours long and prety cool... best tour I can remember is the south pac.

Hope you enjoy that trip I have been in Tahiti 4 times starting in 1983 with Royal Viking..

Too I am sailing from China to LA through Bora in November 13, So I am most interested in the LIMA to LONDON 36 day as I can zip over to Lima and do the Picchu,, come back to the ship and then sail the to the Canal and Hit Aurba Charleston and NY, before a trans Atlantic to London via Ireland. Like Alexander, I am about out of places to go. But enjoy sea days... and can't see the worth of geting on a ship for less than 21 days

To the Marina departs on a thursday and flight from Hawaii only go on Saturday, SO I would have to hang out in PPT for 4 days...which is 5 days too long in Tahiti.

In Bora and Moorea, the hot ticket is to get a guided wave runner tour.. you can book as a private tour... its 3 hours long and prety cool... best tour I can remember is the south pac.

Of course you are correct regarding Honolulu flights via Hawaiian to Tahiti. However, with air included in our fare I am sure O will send us to LAX and then down via Air Tahiti Nui to arrive day of sailing. I don't see them generous to the extreme and throw in four days hotel.

Spent many day in the area myself. First time there I met a contractor I worked with in Honolulu who had crewed on the winning yacht LA to Papeete race and he invited me to join them for a sail to Moorea where we where the guest of three Califfornia transplants in their beach hotel. After saling back to Papeete I flew to Bora for a week where I was a guest in the Hotel Bora Bora at the rate of $5 a day. It pays to know the manager. Lovely lagoons an atolls but not a patch on Hawaii. Was there two years ago on Silver Shadow and thought I'd seen the last of it...but..one more time. :cool:

I was there 5 years ago on the Regent Seven Seas Mariner, Having seen Bora in 2001 also on Regnt and 1983 Royal Viking Star,

I was super suprised at how much development has been done in the Lagoon .... hundreds upon hundreds of over water hotels rooms...they were building them in PPT and barged over... and the new cruise terminal. and reception.

It ain't the charming old place like it was. hotels everywhere..

I remember the old navy pier and a grass shack " bora Rent a car" with 2 cars a motor bike and 5 bicycles.

Ah, tales of the south pacific....you have fun. I will be waiting for the May14 trip to be released... Proably should not have even mentioned it:D

When we were in Bora two years ago we were driven around the island by the ex-manager of Hotel Bora Bora. He lives there approx six month of the year and same in Hawaii Kai. He pointed out the WW2 navy site. Was it PT boats based there? Talk about tough duty! That neigborhood still influnced by the sailors. I think I remember him telling us they say "ice cream" after all these years. He also explained the number of closed hotels was due to the economy. I forget the number but it was staggering. I first visited in 1974, and, yes, even Papeete had charm. We overnight in Bora so I suspect my bare feet will kick some sugar sand in Bloody Mary's.:cool:

I am checking with the "boss" I dont think they will be out that early...

Jancruz1

Jan: Think they'll be out is Sept?

I assume it's best to keep checking Oceania's website often in order to snag one of those 10-day inexpensive Caribbean (inside cabin) deals?

Any other tips?

Jan: Think they'll be out is Sept?

I assume it's best to keep checking Oceania's website often in order to snag one of those 10-day inexpensive Caribbean (inside cabin) deals?

Any other tips?

You should probably find out about a week before booking starts, then you can decide what you want to do..

Jancruz1

Hawaiidan,

Ran into the ex-manager Hotel Bora today, or I should say he paddled past me in his canoe as I was swimming like Missy Franklin beyond the reef. Paused long enough to ask about Bora hotel occupancy. It is high season there and hotels are doing well but still many closed. :cool:

Archived