What Happens to the Food??

Scooters

Here's one that I haven't seen posted.

What happens to the extra food?

Obviously, they can estimate, but you never know how many will want prime rib and how many will want the fish dinner in the dining room. There has to be a fair amount of extra stuff each night.

Does the rest of the food go to the crew, or how is it handled?

Generally, what type of food is served to the crew??

Everyone worked very hard for us on our trip. I hope their food is better than their pay!!!

Here's one that I haven't seen posted.

What happens to the extra food?

Obviously, they can estimate, but you never know how many will want prime rib and how many will want the fish dinner in the dining room. There has to be a fair amount of extra stuff each night.

Does the rest of the food go to the crew, or how is it handled?

Generally, what type of food is served to the crew??

Everyone worked very hard for us on our trip. I hope their food is better than their pay!!!

That came up in the Q&A session yesterday on Carnival Pride.

In general, yes, it gets served to the crew. It's not nicely served like they do for the pax, but rather buffet style. It's also supplemented with some "native" dishes that are more to the crew's taste. One example sited was the breaded and deep fried smelt that's favored by the Philippinos.

I think a lot of extra food gets re-used in some form or another. The "Sirloin" for dinner looked suspiciously like the "Yankee Pot Roast" from the lunch buffet. The "Lobster Bisque" became the "Lobster Sauce" for some beef dish.

The biggest dumping ground seems to be the "Late Night Buffet" which is pretty much just leftovers.

I think a lot of extra food gets re-used in some form or another. The "Sirloin" for dinner looked suspiciously like the "Yankee Pot Roast" from the lunch buffet. The "Lobster Bisque" became the "Lobster Sauce" for some beef dish.

The biggest dumping ground seems to be the "Late Night Buffet" which is pretty much just leftovers.

Makes sense!:)

Back in '99 on the Elation, while my family sat and waited in the show room for the entertainment, I took a daughter went out to grab a slice of pizza.

At the buffet, they had prime rib. No, not roast beef, it was prime rib! So we ate some and brought some back to the show room.

At the buffet, they had prime rib. No, not roast beef, it was prime rib! So we ate some and brought some back to the show room.

Please tell me you are joking.

On the Pride's galley tour they told us that they bring enough food onboard for about 9-10 days (even though the run is only 7 days - you never know when something might happen and you need an extra day or two worth of food). When the ship arrives back at Long Beach they rotate the older food forward and store the new stuff in the back - so the freezers are constantly rotating.

Leftovers turn into fish food.

It was also interesting that the ship can't bring any supplies on in Mexico - the only place they can restock is in Long Beach.

It looked like the folks on my cruise would eat anything put in front of them!! Maybe some of the food makes it to the crew.

Not only did they have primerib in the buffet, they had lobster on both formal nights! This was on the 6/27/98 cruise on the Elation. Never have seen that offered again. Come to think of it, that was the last time we saw CCL have the "rum swizzle" party.:(

Mighty judgemental. :(

Exactly how was that judgemental? Read the post again - I simply asked if he/she was joking about bringing the prime rib (from the buffet) into the showroom.

Sorry to be off topic, but...this thread has a paper clip to the right and some others have like a thumbtack, does this have some significance?

Not sure about the thumbtack...but I beleive the paperclip means that you've posted to a thread.

Sorry to be off topic, but...this thread has a paper clip to the right and some others have like a thumbtack, does this have some significance?
The thumbtack means it is a sticky thread, the paper clip means there are attachment/s in the thread.

If you hold your mouse cursor over those icons it will say X Attachment(s) or Sticky Thread.

John

A paper clip alerts me that someone attached a picture to the thread.

Exactly how was that judgemental? Read the post again - I simply asked if he/she was joking about bringing the prime rib (from the buffet) into the showroom.

Please tell me you are joking.

Sorry, but this is the flavor of many of your posts. Very judgemental. They said they did it, and you ask if they are joking. Sounds like you are judging them to me. But I'm not the first to point this out to you. :(

People should feel free to post what they want, and not be questioned.

Archived