Public Baggage Storage at FLL Airport

jefngeo01

Post cruise (Allure of the Seas) we might want to go to the Ft Lauderdale beach a few hours before our flight home, but I did not want to take my luggage to the beach. Has anyone done this, and if so what did you do with your luggage.

I have done some googling and found some info about bagstogo, and Public storage at the airport (see below)

Has anyone sent their bags to storage from the port, and then picked them up before your flight?

o In Fort Lauderdale: Bags To Go baggage storage or delivery service to a cruise ship can be purchased from any one of our four locations:

§ Terminal 1-Baggage Claim Lower lever at the end of the building closest to carousel#1. Office is located just beyond Continental and Virgin America's Baggage office, on right hand side just before sice exit doors.

§ Terminal 2-Ticketing/Upper level, proceed to end of building closest to the Delta ticket counter, next to the Business Center/ Currency Exchange office

§ Terminal 3-Ticketing/Upper level, proceed to concession area behind ticket counters, office is just right of News & Gift Shop, Chili's and Dunkin Donuts, and left of A1A Travelmart in the Business Center

§ Terminal 4-Baggage Claim/Lower Level, across from carousel #4.

Note: All luggage must be claimed by 5:30pm or may be subject to additional storage fees.

Public Baggage Storage

Public Baggage Storage is available in Terminals 1, 2, 3, and 4. Enjoy exploring the airport or surrounding communities without the impediment of having to take your luggage with you.

Hours vary by location and season. The location in Terminal 2 is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. For more information, call 954-359-5505.

For cruise passengers, some airlines offer baggage check-in at the port for the return flight. This gives you the freedom to explore the greater Fort Lauderdale area or the airport. Contact your airline to see if they offer this service.

Read Tips for Cruise Passengers for more information about baggage storage and cruising.

I used the bagstogo service last April when I did a girls cruise.

The rest of my group was spending the night and we wanted to do the water taxi all day. It was very simple, just look for the van/and or man with the "bagstogo" sign. Walked over to his truck, filled out some papers and paid $6 (I think)

We had a great day on the water taxi and at 4 PM, I headed to the airport. You have to make sure when you go to the airport to go to the baggage claim area. There is a booth there and it took me an extra 10 minutes (if that) to retrieve my bags. Then up the stairs and to my gate!!!

I would recommend this service. I had no problems and I didn't have to deal with my bags all day.

It might be worth a few dollars more (and less trouble) to have your bags checked thru to your final destination on the cruise ship..... I think it is about $20 and you get your boarding pass also.

I used the bagstogo service last April when I did a girls cruise.

The rest of my group was spending the night and we wanted to do the water taxi all day. It was very simple, just look for the van/and or man with the "bagstogo" sign. Walked over to his truck, filled out some papers and paid $6 (I think)

We had a great day on the water taxi and at 4 PM, I headed to the airport. You have to make sure when you go to the airport to go to the baggage claim area. There is a booth there and it took me an extra 10 minutes (if that) to retrieve my bags. Then up the stairs and to my gate!!!

I would recommend this service. I had no problems and I didn't have to deal with my bags all day.

Thanks! Great info!

We used Bags to go in March of 2010 , well lets just say our bags made it to the airport in time for us to check in and get on the plane . We gave them to driver at 9am , at 3 pm they were still out in LA LA land somewhere . After throwing a fit they finally went and called someone and brought our bags in. It has the potential of being a good thing , but not the day we did it.

Archived