Falmouth port

JEN5508

Do you recommend doing anything here with kids 11 and 14 or just stay on the ship? is there much to see if we get off and just walk around the port or do we need to taxi somewhere to see anything?

Jennifer

To get to a beach you'll need to take a taxi or do an excursion.

Within the secured port area there is a Margaritaville with a nice pool. You don't have to buy food or drinks to use the pool. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I recommend to go to Doctors Cove beach in Montego Bay. It's a really nice beach. You pay a couple of dollars in entrance fee and you can rent sun beds and umbrellas. They have a bar and restaurant with service on the beach. Take a shuttle from inside the port gates. Don't remember the cost, think it is 15USD for a round trip. It's my favorite beach when I go to Falmouth. Falmouth itself is not much fun at all. The closest beaches to Falmouth, that the cruise lines sell, are not beautiful at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I recommend to go to Doctors Cove beach in Montego Bay. It's a really nice beach. You pay a couple of dollars in entrance fee and you can rent sun beds and umbrellas. They have a bar and restaurant with service on the beach. Take a shuttle from inside the port gates. Don't remember the cost, think it is 15USD for a round trip. It's my favorite beach when I go to Falmouth. Falmouth itself is not much fun at all. The closest beaches to Falmouth, that the cruise lines sell, are not beautiful at all.

This sounds like a good possibility for us. Do you recall about how long the shuttle ride is? Also, does the shuttle just run back and forth all day or do you need to make a reservation? Does this beach have snorkeling?

Thanks.

Edited by ValerieJo

The shuttle to Doctors cave beach takes about 30-40 minutes. Before arrival to the beach all in the van together decide what time to go back. Yeah you can do snorkeling there, the water is clear and amazing. Don't know if there is muck in the water but I've seen many snorkel there.

I have not been there yet, but I am looking at the Hilton Rose Hall Resort. I think it looks like fun for all ages and includes food and drinks, beach, pool, lazy river and so on. You can book it separately or it is a ship's shore excursion (with Royal Caribbean).

• 3 weeks later...

My kids LOVED spending the day at the Jewel Runaway Bay. We booked day passes through Resortforaday and since we had more than 8 in our party we got a group discount. They have a very large waterpark and beautiful beach area to enjoy. The family is now planning a vacation to go back and stay there for a week.

11012888_918198074882963_3090083396752816051_n.jpg.242c8555712c4ab1a0e6a7a0166ba4e1.jpg

11013522_918199504882820_5114032710687648142_n.jpg.4bee4f12ccd1340fc3077ab034ebaae6.jpg

11921647_918199344882836_6954009807911941391_n.jpg.6e76cd19a4becd021d2720581851078a.jpg