Rio airport distance and times

blue cruiser

anybody give me the idea of how far the airports our from the cruise dock our ,as try to work out if we can make a mid day internal flight in Brazil, i know we have to clear customs and immigration and that the traffic could be bad just some idea would help with the planning of our flights,

thanks blue cruiser

• 2 weeks later...

If you are leaving from the GIG airport, it is a very close distance from the dock for the Rotterdam. It took us at a maximum, 30 minutes. We had a van waiting for us at the airport arranged by Peter, our guide the previous day in Rio. That was in the morning.

Hi gerena

I had read that you flew from Rio to Iguacu Falls and would like to check the following :

1. What time you were able to leave the port for Rio airport?

2. What time was your TAM fight to Iguacu falls, and were you have to rush to the airport ?

3. How long it took you to clear the immigration at the Rio Port ?

I need these information for my trip in Jan 2007.

You may reply me through my email at etkyeoh @ yahoo . com

Thanks

Dear etkyeoh,

You will love this trip and I wish you good fortune on your weather as we had. I just looked at my pictures again today and what another treat of memories.

To answer your questions:

We were one of the earlier ones off the ship. We had an 11:00 am departure from the Rio airport (GIG) to Iguassu Falls (IGU) --Brazil side. This was via Tam Airlines.

Prior to docking in Rio the ship will send information to you on departure times and you can choose when you want to depart the ship. Just tell them. We set an 8:00 departure time, but Peter, our guide the day before, told us we wouldn't need that much time, but being a little uncertain, I said 8:30. The van was there at 8:30 and we were in the airport in PLENTY of time. The traffic going that way was "nothing."

You are already docked so the ship doesn't have to do all that in the morning. In fact, if you just had carry-on's you could get off anytime!!! You retrieve your passport the day before I think.

We had no problem clearing immigration the day of departure. We just walked off the ship. I think this is because that since we spent the entire day before in Rio all that paperwork between authorities had been completed. (I had read in previous posts of a year or two ago that people were held on the ship because of immigration---someone said this was just to be ornery--I don't know---but we had NO problems.

Hope this helps.

Rena

Archived