2016 Brides!

Miss JJVT,

I am doing the same for our RSVP cards. I hate to say it but an A list and B list are necessary for us too. I am curious which package you chose. We didn't notice a music charge. We did book the DJ for $110 or something like that but didn't see a music charge.

:)

Apparently the $275 is an entertainment fee that includes the DJ and music- again, not exactly mad about having to pay, I just wish they would have rolled everything into the single fee so that I didn't have to run back to my parents every day for more money!

We did the "Time to Celebrate Big" package on Carnival [emoji568]

Edited by MissJJVT

Yeah, I was kinda disappointed they won't even let you just bring a few songs to play at the reception so that we could do the first dance, father daughter/mother son. You have to pay the 275 even if you just want to play a few songs. But hey, it's still way cheaper then what we were previously looking at if we were to have our wedding here at home.

Hi! I will be getting married on Freedom of the seas during the May 29, 2016 sailing. I just completed my initial booking with my TA's help. Now I need to get in touch with Royal Romance. We will get married on the first at sea day hopefully. It seems that from reading the posts the RC is a little different and especially in price. I really wanted to get married on the Oasis (been on this ship before) or Allure but decided for my guests we will leave from Orlando instead of Ft Lauderdale since we will go on our honeymoon in August. I will send out save the dates around September or October. I did create a website that has all of the information that I could think to provide our potential guests. So far we have 23 confirmed guests. The cruise we chose was pricey since it is memorial day weekend. We did talk our decision over with the most important people in our lives before booking. I am looking forward to sharing and getting information on this thread. Congrats to all!!!

Edited by sweetneek1

Well, I just sent in my paperwork to confirm my wedding date, August 7, 2016 on Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas. I see most of you all have booked with Carnival. I'm reading away, because I really don't have a clue as to what I should do now. I am formulating a list of questions I should ask based on what I read here.

Looks like we are in this together. We just booked our cabins on Freedom on the Seas May 29.2016 sailing. I have to get in touch with Royal Romance now. Its going to be interesting because I am working overseas which is not ideal for planning things. I look forward in sharing experiences as we navigate this journey. Congrats!!!

Hi!

I'm getting married May 8, 2016 on board the Celebrity Summit to Bermuda! It's round trip out of NJ, and we are getting married in port to allow for non sailing guests to come on board. We also plan on having a secondary reception when we get back from the cruise for those friends and family members who cannot make it.

I've put the $ down on the date. Just started talking it up with my friends and family in the last week and a half, and I've already got 28 cabins on deposit! So very exciting, and looking forward to planning along with all of you over the course of the next year. :)

I'm going to work on doing save the dates so that I can get them ordered and sent out. I already know that my hairdresser is going to do my hair and makeup. I've just contracted a friend who is a photographer to do photos above and beyond the ships photography in exchange for me paying for part of her cruise.

This is really happening!

Please please please stay active on this thread and provide updates as to how your planning is going. I'm not getting married til 2017 but since I'll be cruising out of NJ my only choices are Summit & whatever ship Royal has at the time (perhaps Anthem). :D

I'm in the early stages of planning for January 15, 2016 (yes, 6 months from today). Carnival Inspiration... this is all beginning to set in... I've read as many threads I could and its time to get going for myself. Planning to tour the ship next month. Excited to get an idea of what is possible to decorate the ceremony room. Calling guests to get a feeling of interest and how many we can accommodate. Thats all for now!

Hi Ladies! My husband and I (married for 6 years with two boys)are finally having our wedding aboard Carnival Victory 2/6/16 on our 7th wedding anniversary!!!

Super excited and time is flying by fast!

We have 18 confirmed guest

Dress picked out and ordered and will be ready in August!

Hotel is booked for our guest

My sister has her brides maid dress --- yes I have fired the other three bridesmaids already!!! Anyone else with this problem?

so the bridal party will be slightly uneven with three groomsmen :eek:

Our wedding colors are red an black and now my task is finalizing song request for ceremony and reception, decorations for cake, oot bags and contents, ordering door hangers for guest cabin, wedding programs, groomsmen attire, and wedding favors! iv been putting of finalizing things bc I don't want to run out of things to do! lol

No bridesmaids here! I know that seems funny but its hard to choose and I'm doing okay with just the bride and groom so far :)

Dress was ordered last week..will be here sometime near October.

Wedding colors aren't finalized, and only two booked guests, but that list will rise in time. I just got the list of songs :) No wedding programs planned.

Did you decide to do your own flowers? I'm interested in a silk bouquet.

By the way....I just got my packet today and I am LOVING finally having so much information! I love how easy it is to plan the wedding!

Edited by wakeupinanewland

No bridesmaids here! I know that seems funny but its hard to choose and I'm doing okay with just the bride and groom so far :)

Dress was ordered last week..will be here sometime near October.

Wedding colors aren't finalized, and only two booked guests, but that list will rise in time. I just got the list of songs :) No wedding programs planned.

Did you decide to do your own flowers? I'm interested in a silk bouquet.

By the way....I just got my packet today and I am LOVING finally having so much information! I love how easy it is to plan the wedding!

Me too, no bridesmaids here, no drama! I think I will look into silk flowers as well.

-----

I have started to design my invitations, if anyone is looking and (I know i looked forever) need something, or some ideas, go to https://weddingpassports.com/ . All you do is buy the template and then design it how you want, upload it back if you want them to print it or go and get it printed your self.

I need to go and look at dresses!

I just read about the changing of ports for Carnival Breeze and Magic, and it has me kind of worried. I just sent an email to carnival to ask. I am getting married April of 2016 on the Magic out of Galveston (or I am supposed to be) but its moving to Port Canaveral in April 2016, but the Breeze will not be in Galveston until May 2016. Hopefully this is a Typo and I will have a ship to get married on! LOL

Edited by beb08

James and I had agreed to get married right before getting on the ship, but recent events just make me want to just get married on the ship with just us and my sister and her boyfriend who will be going on the cruise with us. However, I am getting married October of next year and I'm still trying to pick colors.

Me too, no bridesmaids here, no drama! I think I will look into silk flowers as well.

-----

I have started to design my invitations, if anyone is looking and (I know i looked forever) need something, or some ideas, go to https://weddingpassports.com/ . All you do is buy the template and then design it how you want, upload it back if you want them to print it or go and get it printed your self.

I need to go and look at dresses!

I just read about the changing of ports for Carnival Breeze and Magic, and it has me kind of worried. I just sent an email to carnival to ask. I am getting married April of 2016 on the Magic out of Galveston (or I am supposed to be) but its moving to Port Canaveral in April 2016, but the Breeze will not be in Galveston until May 2016. Hopefully this is a Typo and I will have a ship to get married on! LOL

Hope this works out for you! I was booked on the Breeze out of Miami, now I'm booked on the same Itinerary but it will be on the Splendor! So I spent a day crying about it, did research, decided not to switch ships and suck it up. The splendor is getting the 2.0 upgrades in March, or so they say. Fingers crossed nothing else happens.

Hope this works out for you! I was booked on the Breeze out of Miami, now I'm booked on the same Itinerary but it will be on the Splendor! So I spent a day crying about it, did research, decided not to switch ships and suck it up. The splendor is getting the 2.0 upgrades in March, or so they say. Fingers crossed nothing else happens.

I just heard back from my coordinator, thankfull my ship is not leaving until mid april and we are going in early april. so no more stressing there! Fingers crossed for you!

So ladies,

Carnival sent a ticker today and I figured.. why not.. So here is this cruisin bride's countdown:

my-cruise-countdown.aspx?dat=01%2F15%2F2016&dest=M&ship=ISMy Wedding Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing to Mexico on 01/15/2016 aboard the Carnival Inspiration! Visit Carnival.com to see all Mexico cruises.

So, on another note... I'm finalizing my guest lists a few invites at a time by email and phone call. I will possibly do invitations for guests who are attending at a later date.

How exciting!! I love logging in and seeing my countdown too! I am just about ready to send invitations- still sending option to family to cruise or not, and sending friends cruise-only option... It was just the only way... So far we have a lot of family and friends who have already booked so I'm not as worried about it as I once was...

Regarding attendants, we're each having 5 so as to include siblings and a couple of close friends each... Hopefully that will go smoothly- I'm trying to keep things as cheap and casual as possible (will prob do the dresses from Target's bridesmaid collection)

I'm gonna give in and fill out my entertainment form this week and pay for the $275 music and DJ choice... Don't wanna stress about it any more and you only get married once...

Hope everyone else is having luck with planning and preparing! Best Wishes to all!!

Travelling with Msc Musica next June to Greek isles.We are looking for a recommended planner to organize our secret wedding in Santorini when we disembark.Don't want to get married on board .Any ideas or recommendations?It will be just the 2 of us...so it must be easy..I guess..:confused:

MissJJVT,

I'm doing the same approach with friends and family for invitations! I also booked the DJ, which limits our guest list to the capacity of the nightclub. Since I know I can't invite all of my close family or friends, I've approached this with a mix of honoring older relatives and friends who I know will be happy there and have a great time.

The guest list has been the hardest part. I cried a lot at the idea of offending people before realizing that I don't need a ton of people there to enjoy my special day. I'm actually taking a break from the guest list, because I need to get some sleep at night. I still have time to invite people, so I want to rest at a reasonable number for now that is not capacity. How is this part going for you?

P.S. Make sure you reserve the videographer if you want the option. They can only be reserved for one wedding per cruise, and you don't pay until after you see the video (if you decide you want it).

MissJJVT,

I'm doing the same approach with friends and family for invitations! I also booked the DJ, which limits our guest list to the capacity of the nightclub. Since I know I can't invite all of my close family or friends, I've approached this with a mix of honoring older relatives and friends who I know will be happy there and have a great time.

The guest list has been the hardest part. I cried a lot at the idea of offending people before realizing that I don't need a ton of people there to enjoy my special day. I'm actually taking a break from the guest list, because I need to get some sleep at night. I still have time to invite people, so I want to rest at a reasonable number for now that is not capacity. How is this part going for you?

P.S. Make sure you reserve the videographer if you want the option. They can only be reserved for one wedding per cruise, and you don't pay until after you see the video (if you decide you want it).

I finally ordered my invitations - just did some nice ones on Vistaprint. I would have loved to do something more extravagant but, I am thinking I will save that for the Thank you notes, instead. I had two different options for guests. Some have the choice of attending and not sailing and some don't. With only 50 non-sailing guests permitted, it can be a little difficult since we live less than an hour from Port Canaveral.

I ordered my dress in March (a year out) and it has already arrived and is hanging in my future stepson's closet. Invites will be delivered this week and I am totally over the fact that I had to switch ships. I believe that my next chore...um..."project" will be to put together some flowers. We chose my 16 year old niece and 8 year old future step-son as our Maid of Honor and Best Man and our 8 year old nieces as flower girls. We figures it will be easier this way. Had I gone the traditional route, I would have had 5 very dear friends and my fiance's sister in the bridal party. I have asked them to be my "I Do Crew" and help me during the ceremony day. They all agreed and I think they are happy not to have the cost and hassle of being an attendant. I have been a bridesmaid 6 times and would have loved the option of not buying those damn dresses. Hahaha.

Our colors are aqua and navy and we chose a blue watercolor design for the invitations. I am running with the water theme and think it will work for us. I am waiting to make decisions on music and cake until later on in the year. We have the DJ but didn't get any videographer info. I will have to make a call on that one. Looking forward to 9 months from today - March 24, 2016 on the Carnival Victory!!

Hi Ladies! My husband and I (married for 6 years with two boys)are finally having our wedding aboard Carnival Victory 2/6/16 on our 7th wedding anniversary!!!

Super excited and time is flying by fast!

We have 18 confirmed guest

Dress picked out and ordered and will be ready in August!

Hotel is booked for our guest

My sister has her brides maid dress --- yes I have fired the other three bridesmaids already!!! Anyone else with this problem?

so the bridal party will be slightly uneven with three groomsmen :eek:

Our wedding colors are red an black and now my task is finalizing song request for ceremony and reception, decorations for cake, oot bags and contents, ordering door hangers for guest cabin, wedding programs, groomsmen attire, and wedding favors! iv been putting of finalizing things bc I don't want to run out of things to do! lol

I am a Victory bride, too! March 24, 2016!!

Hey Y'all! My husband and I are renewing our vows 6/24/16. It will be our 10 year wedding anniversary. We were originally married in Anchorage Alaska when he was in the Army. We are excited to have the day of our dreams! I just picked my dress up... (eeeek) we are having the ceremony on Meade Glacier at the Skagway Alaska port of call (Southbound from Seward on the NCL Sun)

Kellybean, you might want to book the videographer. They only have one per cruise (at least on my ship), so once its reserved, its gone. You only pay after you have seen the video and decide you want it.

I did! When we booked our wedding, a videographer wasn't an option. So glad for these boards!!!