Exclusive Island Liquor?

TaNyler

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any liquor that's exclusive to Cozumel or just any liquor you can't get back in the states? Im starting to build a liquor collection and I like getting those bottles that you can't get anywhere else and if you know where its sold thats a plus

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any liquor that's exclusive to Cozumel or just any liquor you can't get back in the states? Im starting to build a liquor collection and I like getting those bottles that you can't get anywhere else and if you know where its sold thats a plus

Thanks

Xtabentun is a Mayan liquor from the Yucatan peninsula. I like to drink it neat, on the rocks or with pineapple juice. It is also served in Mayan coffee.

It is available in the states but not common.

Edited by c-leg5

Thanks

I should probably add Xtabentun is actually a liqueur.

In addition to Xtabentun, which is a nice rarity and expensive here, look for the single village mescal's made from espadin agave. They'll say so on the label. Look for Del Maguey, Los Amantes, or San Juan del Rio These are usually more expensive state side. Del Maguey's Vida is a nice entry level mescal to try and should be priced around the same as Tequila. For tequila, look for Aged 100% Blue Agave Anejo Tequila, "hecho en mexico", or alternatively 100% Blue Agave Resposado Tequila. But always , always 100% Agave for both mescal (espadin) and tequila (blue).