Hotel in Miami help

penny power

I'm looking for suggestions for Miami hotel pre-cruise. We will be getting in pretty late on Saturday so I really just need a clean and safe hotel. Would like to have option to eat in hotel or able to go someplace close because I don't plan on renting a car. I am also looking for a close place to pick up pop and water. A shuttle from airport and one to port would be a bonus. Thanks! 54 days till we Breeze!:cool:

Holiday inn at Bayside nice hotel just redone across the street is the bayside shopping center lots of food shops and shopping walking distance is no problem

HAve stayed there many times

I live in Miami but I think this hotel is a good choice close to all the Fun and to the POM,CVS etc

We Cruised in November on the Liberty, and stayed at the Holiday Inn as well.

Right across the street from Bayside Marketplace, and just down the street is a CVS Pharmacy, where we bought our wine for the cruise.

I'm looking for suggestions for Miami hotel pre-cruise. We will be getting in pretty late on Saturday so I really just need a clean and safe hotel. Would like to have option to eat in hotel or able to go someplace close because I don't plan on renting a car. I am also looking for a close place to pick up pop and water. A shuttle from airport and one to port would be a bonus. Thanks! 54 days till we Breeze!:cool:

I don't know what your budget is or how fancy of a hotel you need but the one listed below would work for a late arrival and for someone that does not have a rental car.

Sleep Inn & Suites Miami airport -- good reviews, airport shuttle, 24 Hr IHOP within walking distance, ethnic market that sells wine, water pop within walking distance, shuttle to the port albeit a small fee pp.

http://www.sleepinnmiamiairport.com/

The LaQuinta East is very popular but from what I understand there is nothing within walking distance as far as restaurants and shops.

The Comfort Inn North is also mentioned a lot here on CC. Perhaps another poster has some info on amenities.

Good luck to you. :)

Comfort Suites Miami Airport North(FLB13)

657 Minola Drive, Miami Springs, FL, US, 33166

Phone: (305) 888-8404

This came to us as a highly recommended hotel among cruisers. Free shuttle to port.

Penny Power I second the vote for this hotel. I'm on the same cruise you are and our flight doesn't get in till 10PM Saturday night. We booked this hotel for the four of us to stay in Saturday night. This hotel has a shuttle to the airport (12a-12a) and the cruise port. There's also a convenience store on the corner of the street it's on.

Look into the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Airport South-Blue Lagoon. They have a secure parking garage, for guests with a car - free parking for the length of your cruise, free one way shuttle to the cruise port (they also provide an airport shuttle) and it's located in a good (safe) area. There are a few restaurants across the street as well as a Publix grocery store for those last minute pop and water needs.

The Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Airport is ranked #10 in Miami hotels by TripAdvisor.

Hotels in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale, Priceline, Express Deals

I thought I'd pass along some hotel info. We're staying in a hotel before and after the cruise. I've had great success in the past booking "name your own price" hotels at the 4 star level. This time for an April cruise, however, I went the Express Deal route.

Mayfair Coral Cables

- $125

- Published rate at time of booking $225

- Publish rate now $299

Westin Beach Resort Ft. Lauderdale

- $103

- Published rate at time of booking, about $210

- Publish rate now $209

Some other comments...

- Buying a hotel like this can take a few hours of research to guess the hotel. Personally I think it's worth it and is easy enough.

- All of this naturally depends on your preferences, comfort level, budget, and other available travel options.

- Betterbidding.com is a good resource for Priceline and Hotwire.

- I ONLY book 4 star or above hotels to enhance the likelihood of a great hotel. There's no sure fire guarantee, but it has worked for me.

- I have always, and I really mean always, booked a 4 star hotel rate (via name your price or recently express deal) cheaper than the best rate of any available quality 3 star hotel.

- Booking travel is usually never super simple, so remember I'm just giving brief advice.

Hope this helps!

You have options - arriving late and want to be in downtown, close to the port? :confused: I suggest the Doubletree on Biscayne blvd.; some rooms come with a view of the port (great way to start your cruise day :D), very nice hotel, shopping within walking distance, and the bar/restaurant in the lobby is very good option. Taxi from MIA will run about $25+tip and another $10-12 cab ride will get you to POM the next day.

Prefer to shuttle to an airport hotel and then make your way to downtown/POM the next morning? :confused: Check out hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA (Hampton Inn, Sofitel, Homewood Suites and others) - free airport shuttles and shopping and dining options within walking distance. We prefer the Homewood - great hot breakfast and a very nice pool/hot tub area. All can arrange for shuttle service to POM for about $10 per person, or you can cab it for under $30 per cab. The ride to POM will take about 15 or so minutes.

Have a good cruise! :)

We have stayed at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay several times. Great hotel, great view and great restaurant. :-)

I am staying here precruise in May. Was the restaurant in the hotel? I saw on Google maps that there is an Irish Pub next door and was thinking of eating there. Also, I know there is a little shopping area between the 2 hotels. Do you know if they sell beer? We are getting in late and just want to grab dinner and a few beers to relax outside on the bay.

And many thanks from me too! Four of us will be doing a cruise from POM and had no idea of what hotels would be good pre and post. Now we have some great suggestions. Cheers and happy sailing to all.

I have another fast question for people who have gone in and out of POM: does one do Customs and Immigration at POM, and if so, how long does it take?

Thanks and many cheers,

Snorkling lady

What other hotels are close or beside the Bayside Market... next door to Holiday inn? Trying to find something that includes breakfast maybe? Holiday Inn breakfast runs 20pp

A little farther away, but close to lots of local dining options, is the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell Village. Good luck! :)

What other hotels are close or beside the Bayside Market... next door to Holiday inn? Trying to find something that includes breakfast maybe? Holiday Inn breakfast runs 20pp

Have not stayed here but read about the Spring Hill Suites in a cruise review. They offer a free airport shuttle and a free breakfast with your room stay. The hotel also offers a bar area, restaurant, Starbucks, and an on-site sundries store for convenience items. For what you would save in aiport taxi fare and breakfast, it may balance out if you wanted to take a quick taxi ride to Bayside or another area of interest.

Here is their link for rates and such. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/miahd-springhill-suites-miami-airport-east-medical-center/

:)

Archived