Hotels & Parking @ Cape Liberty NJ

nosmothj

We live in Jersey City, about 10 minutes away from Cape Liberty. There IS parking at the terminal, though for obvious reasons -- we live so close -- we have never had to park there.

Regarding hotels, there have been previous threads, and we have recommended the hotels in the Jersey City waterfront area...the Courtyard / Marriott Hotel, the Hyatt Regency Hotel, and the Doubletree Suites Hotel. All three are located at or near the Hudson River waterfront, are within walking distance to a number of excellent restaurants, and are within walking distance towards mass transit into New York City (either Commuter Ferry or P.A.T.H. Train). Lastly, Jersey City is a ten minute (approx) taxi ride to the Cape Liberty Cruise Port, making it a very convenient place to stay pre-or-post cruise.

Michael

Michael

Thanks for th info. We are looking at a 12 days cruise in Nov. 08. We had looked at flying we live in southern Ontario. The wait time at the airports and cabs with parking we thought it maybe just as easy to drive down. It would take 8 to 10 hours.

I will check out the hotel you mentioned.

Jack

We live in Jersey City, about 10 minutes away from Cape Liberty. There IS parking at the terminal, though for obvious reasons -- we live so close -- we have never had to park there.

Regarding hotels, there have been previous threads, and we have recommended the hotels in the Jersey City waterfront area...the Courtyard / Marriott Hotel, the Hyatt Regency Hotel, and the Doubletree Suites Hotel. All three are located at or near the Hudson River waterfront, are within walking distance to a number of excellent restaurants, and are within walking distance towards mass transit into New York City (either Commuter Ferry or P.A.T.H. Train). Lastly, Jersey City is a ten minute (approx) taxi ride to the Cape Liberty Cruise Port, making it a very convenient place to stay pre-or-post cruise.

Michael

Michael,

I just booked a room at Spring Hill Suites in Newark..have any local knowledge of this place?

Thanks from SJ

Michael,

I just booked a room at Spring Hill Suites in Newark..have any local knowledge of this place?

Thanks from SJ

Have heard of it, it's near EWR (Newark Int'l Airport), and is one of the brands falling under the Marriott brand names. By reputation, a very nice, very acceptable, relatively inexpensive hotel -- at least by Northern New Jersey standards -- and very close to the airport. The Jersey Gardens Mall is nearby, as is a very nice Ikea. Travel time to the Bayonne Cruise Port is about 15 minutes give or take, depending on what the traffic on Rts 1/9 & the Turnpike Extension is like.

Michael

Have heard of it, it's near EWR (Newark Int'l Airport), and is one of the brands falling under the Marriott brand names. By reputation, a very nice, very acceptable, relatively inexpensive hotel -- at least by Northern New Jersey standards -- and very close to the airport. The Jersey Gardens Mall is nearby, as is a very nice Ikea. Travel time to the Bayonne Cruise Port is about 15 minutes give or take, depending on what the traffic on Rts 1/9 & the Turnpike Extension is like.

Michael

Thanks!:)

Where did you read about the BW having a free shuttle to ther pier?

The hotel informaton says free shuttle to airport? I would like to know also about free shuttle to pier.

We stayed July 27-29, $200 per night, great accessibility to Manhattan (hotel is right next to the Path) and we enjoyed Jersey City. The river walk near the Hyatt is gorgeous.

We took a taxi to the pier; it was $35 for four of us.

Since we are coming in early for a couple of days in New York...we were looking at the Hilton at the Newark Airport...for train service and fairly close to port. Also a Hampton Inn near Harrison? or something like that.

Jersey City prices are $50 over the others so wasn't sure worth the difference? any comments are welcome.

Lou

Michael

We stayed at the Doubletree Suites, pre-cruise, in May. I have to say I was very impressed with Jersey City :). Just a beautiful area, I can't get over all the building construction. The last time I was in this area was during the 70's....sure looks a whole lot different now!

We stayed at the Hilton at Penn Station in July. We arrived two days prior to the cruise on EOS so we could see New York City. You can walk from the hotel via a walkway to Penn Station and take the trains into the city. The Path train was i think $ 3.00 or 4.00 per day round trip per person. The parking for the hotel was about $ 20.00 per night. The hotel as I remember was not to far from the pier about 15 minutes, and we parked at the pier. The hotel staff was great and provided train schedules and answered questions about the train systems.

• 1 month later...
We stayed July 27-29, $200 per night, great accessibility to Manhattan (hotel is right next to the Path) and we enjoyed Jersey City. The river walk near the Hyatt is gorgeous.

We took a taxi to the pier; it was $35 for four of us.

Did they have cruise parking available?

I was exploring options recently and a lot of people seemed happy with the Best Western at the Newark Airport, which apparently has a free shuttle to Port Liberty ...

Please do a little more research.

In an area that charges up to $50 per day to park and $18 per person for shuttle service, the fact that the Best Western is the only motel in northern New Jersey that offers these amenities free should raise a huge red flag to you.

Do not stay there.

Since we are coming in early for a couple of days in New York...we were looking at the Hilton at the Newark Airport...for train service and fairly close to port. Also a Hampton Inn near Harrison? or something like that.

Jersey City prices are $50 over the others so wasn't sure worth the difference? any comments are welcome.

Lou

Jersey City hotels, IMO, are definitely worth the additional price. You are in a nicer setting, often have nice views, and are closest to the city.

Please do a little more research.

In an area that charges up to $50 per day to park and $18 per person for shuttle service, the fact that the Best Western is the only motel in northern New Jersey that offers these amenities free should raise a huge red flag to you.

Do not stay there.

Stayed at the Best Western...Will agree not the greatest area but....very clean and the staff was professional courteous. I would have no problems staying there again. Had no issues with the shuttle service.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived