Aerial tram tour in or near Limon

sansterre

We would like to take the aerial tram tour only. I see many tours where this is part of a 7 hour tour that also stops at Banana Plantation, fruit market, etc. which we have already done. Appreciate contacts for a way to do the aerial tram only. Thanks!

Thanks for that suggestion zelker. I wasn't sure if there were dependable taxi's there. Have you been there and done that?

I seem to understand there are several tram tours - some nearly 2 hours away. Which ones are best and which ones are nearest the port??

Have not been there before but doing research on a private tour for our upcoming cruise and have run across several posts here and on TA that mention taxis. You might want to try Jorje Ramirez Morales (a taxi driver I found on the Costa Rica boards and also on TA) and see if he's available to take you and can suggest which one to do. That's who I've been emailing about a tour when we go. jorjel.cr@hotmail.com

Edited by zelker

Who are you cruising with? Celebrity offered one that was just the tram I believe. I did Tortuguero Canals, tram, walk and lunch and it was great. The one I did was about 2 hours from the port. The other tram is either 1 or 1.5 hours from the port. If you have not done the canals I would include that in your tour it is great. I personally would be hesitant to book a trip to the trams as I think they are quite far from the port. We were there on a Sunday so light traffic, the guide said traffic on a week day can be very bad getting back to the port.

We would like to take the aerial tram tour only. I see many tours where this is part of a 7 hour tour that also stops at Banana Plantation, fruit market, etc. which we have already done. Appreciate contacts for a way to do the aerial tram only. Thanks!

Thanks all. We are on Holland America cruise and they offer a trip to Vergua Rain Forest (open-air gondolas). Has anyone had any experience with this place? It is said to be a hour from the port. We did the canal and banana plantation on our last visit - enjoyed both but don't necessarily want to repeat them this time.