bathroom amenities

bandmp

We have never been on Cunard, and wonder what to expect in room amenities-shampoo, soap, lotion. We are Britannia class.

We have cruised Princess, and enjoyed their amenities until the recent change.

As we are planning what to carry- this info would be most helpful.

Thanks - Mary

We have never been on Cunard, and wonder what to expect in room amenities-shampoo, soap, lotion. We are Britannia class.

We have cruised Princess, and enjoyed their amenities until the recent change.

As we are planning what to carry- this info would be most helpful.

Thanks - Mary

bandmp, I think you will be please with the amenities provided because unlike HAL, Princess and some other lines, Cunard continues to provide individual bottles rather than those multi-use tanks mounted in the shower.

BTW, a recent discussion of the new brand being supplied can be found here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1982033

Welcome to and best wishes for your first Cunard voyage. -Salacia

Edited by Salacia

Just curious.......Princess no longer supplies soap? I would think supplying soap would be in their best interest. :D

Yes, Princess supplies bar of soap for sink - shower gel in dispenser for bathing. The shower gel and the dispenser shampoo are very drying.

Mary

bandmp, I think you will be please with the amenities provided because unlike HAL, Princess and some other lines, Cunard continues to provide individual bottles rather than those multi-use tanks mounted in the shower.

BTW, a recent discussion of the new brand being supplied can be found here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1982033

Welcome to and best wishes for your first Cunard voyage. -Salacia

Thank goodness for the individual bottles - so much more refined than pumping liquid from a dispenser!

Given the way Princess has decline in recent years, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't eventually get rid of bathrooms altogether to squeeze in more cabins. They could always line up passengers on deck and spray the, after a quick spattering of delousing powder.

Yes, Princess supplies bar of soap for sink - shower gel in dispenser for bathing. The shower gel and the dispenser shampoo are very drying.

Mary

Never used the dispenser in the shower on any ship because it really creeps me out! The products just sit there, voyage after voyage and keep getting 'topped out' by the cabin stewards (not their fault, just doing as directed). Who knows if a previous disgruntled passenger has added anything to the dispenser - other than the obvious growth of gawd-knows-what due to temperature and humidity combined with the proteins in the products that provide a hospitable medium for growth; it's like your very own personal petri dish that has shared by many previously :eek:

Penny wise and pound foolish, it seems to me, as these dispensers are more of a liability than a savings to those ships who install these things in cabin showers.

Salacia

Edited by Salacia

Salacia.....that's absolutely right. On our last Celebrity cruise, the lotion smelled so rancid that I stunk up the elevator. Luckily I was in there by myself. I mentioned this to the cabin steward and he said there was nothing he could do.

At first I wasn't thrilled with Cunards lotion either......then realized I was using the shampoo. :eek:

Yes Cunard do supply Q tips, cotton balls, shampoo, conditioner, lotion.

I do take my own shampoo and conditioner, because I prefer my own brand. Be sure that you take adequate amounts of your personal make up. I found that the cosmetic shop, either did not stock the brand I use, or only stock certain shades usually those for darker complexions than I have.

Now I never go into the cosmetic shop , the only shop I use is the "general" shop ( which is usually away from the others) I use this for English biscuits (cookies), and English chocolate, etc.

The "tat" sales do seem to be popular, though why puzzles me,