The Native Choice

wernew2cruising

That is the tour we are reserving.How did you like it?

We enjoyed it, just wish we had more time! My 11 year old son actually said the ruins were his favorite excursion... what the what?! Here's another reply I made yesterday, just going to copy/paste:

We (family of 4) did the Chacchoben Extreme tour. What are your hours in port? We were there 7am-2pm, the shortest of all our port days.

Our time was split between the ruins and the Seven Color Lagoon, and we didn't spend too much time in either place. Both were beautiful, and I'm glad we went, but everybody on our tour was very mindful of having to get back to port in time! My son and I were the only ones to take a knee-deep dip in the water. It was pretty windy and I don't think we would have had time to tackle the kayaks. Lunch was delicious. I think everybody hit a lounge chair afterwards and tried to enjoy the peace and beauty for 30 minutes or so before heading back.

We liked the company and the guides and they always had cold bottled water available, which was very welcome at the ruins!

Do you have to book the Native Choice tour ahead of time? My wife is really pulling for a beach day, so it's between the Mahahual or this tour. I'd really prefer to make the decision the day of, depending on what the weather is like.

FWIW, our cruise is in the middle of November.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

In planning our cruise excursions we always try to go with private tours. In researching these boards I hear again and again Native Choice However in looking at their prices they are actually more expensive than booking through our cruise line and I'm confused as to why that is? We are looking to go to the Dzibanche Mayan Ruins. Our cruise ship offers the combination tour of Kohunlich and DzIbanche for $99 they offer it for $100. Granted it's only $1 but I'm just confused as to why there is no savings? For paying the same amount I might as well tour with the ship and the.guarentee they won't leave without me. Has anyone else noticed this?