Sanctuary prices shocked!!

jackieo

We were on the Island to Alaska in July. It is possible that you were quoted $40/day for a special Glacier Bay cruising day where various extras are included such as Bloody Marys, pastries, fresh seafood chowder, ear warmers, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were on the Island to Alaska in July. It is possible that you were quoted $40/day for a special Glacier Bay cruising day where various extras are included such as Bloody Marys, pastries, fresh seafood chowder, ear warmers, etc.

The OP is on the Island now. I doubt, in Alaska. ;) :)

Edited by janetz

The OP is on the Island now. I doubt, in Alaska. ;) :)

If OP is on the Island now, I doubt they are in Alaska in February. While we had to cancel, we were on the March 2 & 17 sailings from Fort Lauderdale to LA and back. Both are via the Panama Canal.

Sorry, don't know what an "OP" is. But you are right, no sailings in Alaska right now! Still can't understand the $40? That is VERY expensive, I agree.

No worries. Yes that price certainly makes me lose interest real quick

We had some friends board today...they were gonna head to the Sanctuary first thing to book...but I don't think she knows that is the current price...way TOOOO expensive, IMHO .....:confused:

Will post later if I hear more from her...looks like the ship is still dockside in LA....they mentioned last night many were not able to make their flights due to the weather back east...so maybe they are waiting for a few??

I'm just on the island princess a bit shocked to see the sanctuary at $40 per day. I checked with the steward and the price is correct. When did that happen!

Jackie.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Are you sure that is not the price for "Canal Day"? We were recently on the Coral for Panama Canal. We took the Sanctuary for the entire cruise and it was $15/day and $60 for Canal Day. We did not take it for Canal Day. They only had 2 takers for that day.

It was nice, but not worth the money. There are lots of free quiet places to sit. We like the aft location on the Coral. Probably would not do it again. It was definitely not sold out, nor was there a rush to get seats. Most days it was us and another couple that had booked for the week. Most lounges went un-used. It was never full or even close to being full.

I am not a sanctuary lover so I could care less. I was on the Island last fall as we crossed through the canal. Every sea day I went to the gym to use the treadmills and had a good view of the sanctuary. It was simply not used. The attendant just walked around bored. I guess the pax on that cruise were not sanctuary lovers either.

That has to be a cabana price, not the normal lounger price. :confused: Maybe the Serenity Steward misunderstood her question or we are misunderstanding her. As far as I know, it's still $10 half day & $20 for a full day for the regular Serenity lounge chairs.
There was no extra charge for the four cabanas on the Island last January, just first come, first served. It was $195 for the 14 day cruise and an addition $60 for Panama Canal transit day. It was nice, but not worth $40/day :eek:

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just got a text from our friends ...Island is following the sapphire Princess down the channel now to open water. She did book a Cabana #3 at $40/per day....yikes....hope she is not lonely up there....:o
I assume the $40/day is for two loungers in the cabana which would make more sense and be in line with current pricing of $29/pp/day.