out of control!

tttrrr

Just thought I would get this off my chest? Preferably off my stomach and butt and so on ect... Last year I promised myself that by the time I turned 40yrs on Feb 15th, I would be 140lbs and a loose fitting size 10 if not a size 8. Well I did great till last summer and I got down to 150lbs. I never got any lower. I did maintain it till December then within a couple off week I gained 10 lbs. I exercise at least 4 to 5 days a week usually for about 1hr 20 min. 30-40 min bike/treadmill , weights,floor exercises(leg, arms and stomackes) then do stretches. My problem is that I tell myself everyday I won't eat any more junk food, only 5-6 small healthy meals or 3 healthy meals. I do great till the late afternoon then I sometimes start munching even junk food. Well it is past Feb 15th and I am still up around 159lbs. I don't understand why I can not just make a plan or (life change) and stick with it? I know what the right thing to do is but I just can not seem to do it:mad::confused: I must admit I secretly wish I could eat what ever I want when ever I want and not have to exercise. My knees, shoulders and body hurt at times I'm tired and wish it was acceptable to society to be 500lbs. I orderd size 10 clothes for my cruise in may and they are really tight. :eek: I was able to wear size 10s last summer . Sorry if this post sounds dumb but I am totally frustrated .

I meant to ask is anyone else feeling like this I find it so hard to follow any diet? The ww point system was so easy to follow a couple years ago I even eat more than what was recommended and I still lost 3lbs per week. Now I can't seem to get back on track. Any suggestions?

I just read that diet by the sounds of it its very dangerous and people are getting very sick doing it. I just want to loose some weight not screw my whole body up. Which is why I find it hard to follow any diet. I dont believe in cutting large amount of food or food groups. I know a healthy diet and exercise is the way to go and yes watch the calorie intake. It's just easier said then done for me. Actually I am by far a very happy person and think life is trully great no compaints except this one thing. Which I am very luck for. So know not sad just getting it off my chest and wanted to know if anyone else feels this way. I don't think I will ever totally denie myself of a treat once and a while just wish I wouldn't give in so easy. Not trying to sound rude if I do sorry but actually diets scare me. which is what I think the real problem is.

Sorry, you were asking for suggestions too. My sister lost a lot off weight with a low carb high protein diet. She said once (ketosis?) set in she didn't feel hunger pains anymore either. It's called kimkins and was really inexpensive.

This is a troll poster trying to generate hits for that site. The whole kimkins thing is garbage - the founder has admitted to fraud already. Ignore this poster ^^.

tttrrr,

I understand how you feel. I have my moments like this too (except that I love the exercise part). The only thing I can say is what I tell everyone:

You will lose weight when your body burns more calories than it takes in. If you are sabotaging your diet at night, you will have to work out harder. If you don't want to work out harder, you will have to eat less. Unfortunately, this is the only formula that works. You can go to an online calorie calculator, type in your info and find out how many you should eat everyday. A pound of fat is the equivalent of 3500 calories. So, if you want to lose 1 pound a week, you have to eat 500 calories less a day than your requirements, or burn 500 calories a day through exercise.

Hope this helps.

You say that you do well till the afternoon and then it sounds like you grab junk food or other less than healthy foods to eat.

Have you tried planning healthier choices for those times when you need something? I find that if I plan, ahead of time, I'm more likely to reach for the "good" food instead of whatever I see first.

Also, eating on a more regular basis (ie, several small meals per day) helps to keep the blood sugar even, which will make you less likely to binge.

WW now touts "Filling Foods" which I have to say, really helps me. I find that a bowl of zero or 1 point soup really helps get me thru those tough hours (when I first get home from work, before I've had time to cook dinner).

.. Last year I promised myself that by the time I turned 40yrs on Feb 15th, I would be 140lbs and a loose fitting size 10 if not a size 8. .

We have alot in common. I also turned 40 in February. Last October I decided my new slogan was "140 by 40" (meaning, of course, I'd get down to 140 lbs by my birthday.) I even created a spreadsheet showing that if I lost just 1.5 lbs/week I'd meet my goal. Well, in October, November, December I didn't exercise and ate/drank whatever I wanted. By December, I was tipping the scale at 170 lbs. I was so disappointed in myself and finally just hit a rock bottom.

On January 1st I joined Weight Watchers (such a cliche to join in New Years Day!). I've lost 13.5 lbs since then and I'm finding the plan very easy to follow. I keep to my daily points 6 days a week, exercise 6x per week and then splurge on Saturday with my extra 35 weekly points. I never use (eat) the activity points I've earned.

I understand the need to snack in the afternoon. I stock the house with healthy yummy snacks and just watch my portions. My favorite is baked Scoops (tortilla chips) with fatfree black bean dip. My kids think I'm crazy because I count my chips but that's how I keep from eating the whole bag. I count out my 14 chips, then put the bag back into the pantry. The dip I use is very spicy and really satisfies my craving. The other thing I like to snack on is reduced fat wheat thins with lowfat cheese (either the BabyBel minis or laughing cow light spread). When I have a sweets urge after dinner I have a sugar free jello snack.

Best of luck! You really can overcome this!!

I understand how frustrated you are, trust me. I designed a diet for myself, and have been consistently losing weight every week for the past 8 weeks. However, although I am losing weight, I am still not satisfied. I know that it should come off slowly, and it is (anywhere from 1.5 to 3 pounds a week), but wouldn't we all just love to look like little skinny minnies? LOL

Anyway, what I wanted to say to you is this: You know by now, I am certain, what your eating patterns are, what you can eat and what you can't. My big thing was fat. I loved butter, sour cream, cream, whipped cream, etc. And so, I cut down drastically. Now, I eat I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Lite. Does it taste good to me? No. And I eat very little of it. But, my bread is not dry! I loved chocolate. Still do. Now, I buy the little 100 calorie snack packs of granola bars with chocolate, etc. I eat a lot of protein (chicken breast, hard boiled eggs, low fat dairy, etc.) and the protein seems to make it so I am not craving the bad foods (sugars, breads, etc.) I snack on a Babybel cheese with a cup of coffee in the afternoon and this holds me until supper. Sit down, listen to yourself, find out your triggers and trouble spots. Inspire yourself. Look in the mirror EVERY DAY and talk to yourself. Tell yourself YOU CAN DO IT! And, you will. Weigh yourself ONLY once a week. I have lost a total of 15 pounds in the last 8 weeks. I want to lose another 15. I won't do it before my cruise, and I am beyond caring about that anymore. No, I won't be the thinnest woman on the cruise. No, I won't be seen in a bathing suit. I am not confident enough in my appearance for that. I am also 45 years old, and have no illusions about one day looking like a 20 year old, either. But, I will cruise, and I will be happy, and healthy, and that is what counts, right?

Best of luck to you, you can do it!

Dee

Just want to say that I am having incredible good luck on Medifast. Man, does this diet work. This is completely painless. Works like Atkins. I am LOVING LIFE right now!

Wow, you should be on a commercial lol

Archived