Norwegian Breakaway - Vow Renewal / Wedding - Group Event - June 2, 2013 Review

Saltbox2013

I have this pinned on my pintrest .. It's a great idea for a small piece of your dresses... You can make it extra special by adding both of ur dresses..

Hey, check out this pin on Pinterest: turn a piece of your wedding dress into a necklace so you can wear it more than once

http://pinterest.com/pin/423549539925530821/

Sent from my iPad

Thank you for your great review. It was very informative and again you both looked fantastic!! Where did you get the welcome aboard sheets and wedding program I love the ideas and am interested in them. Congrats again! I'm sooo getting excited for November since these reviews are coming out!

Well, i designed all those printed materials myself. They were all very specific in size so printing them was very expensive. Everything had to fit very neatly in the welcome box which had a weird size of 7.125 inches. I also purchased the paper from a paper supplier. The photos doesn't do it justice, but the paper has a crystal metallic sheen to it, kind of like pearls or the inside of some shells.

I would recommend having some of these items for your guests, especially the card with the room numbers and programs. Once the ship leaves port, cellphones don't work so you have to call other guests' rooms to communicate. You can use the iConsierge app for texting other passengers via WiFI but the technology isn't as sophisticated so the connection is intermittent and messages couldn't always be sent. We just used the cabin phones for calling and if they weren't in there, we left voicemails. Since you will be in FL again for wedding, you can at least use a cellphone again that day!

If you know a Graphic Designer, hit that person up for a wedding gift girl! Let them design all your collateral and have them printed. You don't have to go so size specific as I did, and choose standard sizes, and that will cut down on printing costs. As you can see, I kept the design pretty simple, using a photo I took of the ocean on a previous cruise as the background. I designed a little logo with the ships wheels instead of rings and made sure everything has that consistent look and feel. Everything from invitations to on board graphics to thank-you cards, used the same ocean photo, same logo, same fonts and same paper. For the napkins, i just sent the logo to a vendor somewhere on the internet and had them foil stamp the design onto the napkins. They came out epic. I was going to do dinner napkins but I ran out of money haha!

I have this pinned on my pintrest .. It's a great idea for a small piece of your dresses... You can make it extra special by adding both of ur dresses..

Hey, check out this pin on Pinterest: turn a piece of your wedding dress into a necklace so you can wear it more than once

http://pinterest.com/pin/423549539925530821/

Sent from my iPad

EPIC IDEA!!!!! I know a dude who blows glass in my town, I'm going to give him some dress pieces and let him make us some necklaces! Thanks for the tip!!

EPIC IDEA!!!!! I know a dude who blows glass in my town, I'm going to give him some dress pieces and let him make us some necklaces! Thanks for the tip!!

That is an Epic idea! WOW the stuff you learn here on CC! :D

Your favors were fantastic! I really loved the theme, and I know how it is to go room to room delivering cabin favors. At least yours seemed to be fairly together which is great.

Congratulations!

Thanks! Yes I made extra sure that mom wouldn't have a hard time delivering my boxes. She had enough other wedding stuff to stress about!

Love your review and photos.

It sounds like NCL has done it again with another satisfied and happy cruise wedding couple.

Happy marriage to you!!

P.S. My wife and I had no issue with the 'Wedding Experience' company. We were fortunate and grateful.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Love your review and photos.

It sounds like NCL has done it again with another satisfied and happy cruise wedding couple.

Happy marriage to you!!

P.S. My wife and I had no issue with the 'Wedding Experience' company. We were fortunate and grateful.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hahahahah glad you had a good time working with The Wedding Experience! Maybe they sensed they wouldn't be working with NCL passengers anymore so they were not trying to do any real work at that point. I could not get them to budge! I was practically begging them to sell me something!

Congratulations! You make a beautiful couple. I love how inclusive NCL is.

Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness.

Thank you :). Yeah I must say NCL's staff was very professional and just so happy for us. Seriously smiles everywhere from them. I did get a kick out of all the tipsy passengers cheering us on while we walked to the atrium!!

Hahahahah glad you had a good time working with The Wedding Experience! Maybe they sensed they wouldn't be working with NCL passengers anymore so they were not trying to do any real work at that point. I could not get them to budge! I was practically begging them to sell me something!

The only issue we really had was waiting for email replies. I wanted a reply no more than 24 hours later and at times it was a two day wait. If I put it in a better perspective that really isn't long as I am sure they had a lot of OTHER couples too lol. Our biggest issue had to do with the photographer and that had nothing to do with the 'Wedding Experience'. He was 0 minutes late!!! NCL gave us a nice piece of change back for that mishap.

Congratulations! You both looked beautiful and your review was written very well. We have so many ideas and plans spinning in our heads and your review helps!

Congratulations and we wish you much happiness!

Robert and Ralph

Congratulations! You both looked beautiful and your review was written very well. We have so many ideas and plans spinning in our heads and your review helps!

Congratulations and we wish you much happiness!

Robert and Ralph

Thanks Robert! I'm so excited for your sake. :) enjoy the planning and let me know if you have any other questions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Congratulations on your wedding... the pictures are beautiful and I love that you wore your wedding dresses in the ocean!

Best wishes for many anniversary celebrations (perhaps at sea?) in your future!

Yes at sea!!!! Already trying to get the other half to sign up for next year's cruise. She wants to build a deck in our yard, and all I'm thinking is, I can be without a deck for another year if it means going on a cruise again! :D

Congrats! You now share my wedding anniversary :) I am hoping to do some sort of renewal for 10 years (which is in 2). I would love to resurrect my dress and take it into the ocean! Thanks for the inspiration!

Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness!

Congrats! You now share my wedding anniversary :) I am hoping to do some sort of renewal for 10 years (which is in 2). I would love to resurrect my dress and take it into the ocean! Thanks for the inspiration!

Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness!

Yay for almost 10 years!! Congrats! Taking the dresses in the water was fun! We have so many cool pictures. We went under water with snorkels and took some pics with an underwater camera. The owner of the camera is taking his sweet time sharing the pictures though, lol!

Do you have a ship for you 10 year in mind?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hey.. my fiancé and I are getting married on June 30th on the Breakaway. Anything we need to know from your experience. We are having 220 guests and 40 sailing. Obviously our wedding is before the ship leaves. Our ceremony is in the theater and reception in thr Manhattan room with passing apps and open bar. We got our cake from Carlos Bakery being that they were able to deliver it that morning to the ship since there is a bakery on board. We have had nothing but problems and have been let down so many times and just want this day to be perfect. Pleaseee let us know any info or suggestions that you have.. and btw - Congrats ! you girls look beautiful !

Also, we were never offered anything from Jennifer for free stuff in our cabins for our guests like you.. Did you know about this in advance or was it a surprise? Who did you deal with for Royal Ocean Events?

Oh man, sounds like you are stressssssed! Check it, it won't be perfect, no wedding is. It is the bad stuff you are going to laugh about for the rest of that marriage. For instance, our cake totally sucked but I am going to laugh about that how that cake just died a slow and painful death, sitting on our cabin sofa, with everybody and everything bumping into it. Please force feed your guests that cake so it doesn't end up on your sofa.

I haven't dealt with ROE much, because my thing was a vow renewal and NCL handles those events themselves.

The free stuff in the cabins. Ok we dealt with Jenny only about the vow renewal stuff and event related stuff. The cabin goodies came from the fact that we were a cruise group and our cruise group consultant, another NCL chick handeled that. With 40 people sailing, you better get the hookup!!! Call NCL and ask for someone to set up a cruise group and pull in all those reservations from all your sailing guests into that group. If you have a group consultant already or if it is Jenny, you need to ask her about it. There are benefits that comes with cruise groups. You get points and money. With the points you can book all the little gifts in the cabin like wine and strawberries. With the remaining points you can book a cocktails party for an hour. Some of our guests didn't get their wines. I just meandered to the guest services desk to pick up vouchers for free bottles to hand out to my unlucky guests.

I'm going to tell you, there will be teeth pulling going on when you plan your wedding with NCL lol. All I can say is, it will be special and the onboard staff are waaaaay more workable than the folks on land. The Breakaway staff will make your day, don't worry.

Just have an open mind and remember to enjoy yourself. You are getting married on a ship, it will be epic. Carly will take beautiful pictures of you and every staff member and passenger who will see you walking in your pretty dress, will smile from ear to ear!!! You will feel like a celebrity with all those strangers taking your pictures and cheering you on!

The theater is a cool place, wow lucky you for that venue! Manhattan room is really cool too.

Let me know if you have other specific questions.