Transfers from Canada Place to airport

sky train is fast and cheap

leave Canada place cruise port

short block and then turn left

station is just down the block 100 feet or so

buy ticket in machine inside the front door

trains are to the left

(this is government planning at its best cause you basically walk back under where you started at Canada Place)

if you have wheeled suitcases this is easy to do

2 trains from this location..only 1 goes to airport..but the run on the same track so if you get on the wrong one you have several stops in which to get off and wait for the next airport train

option would be to store you luggage at Canada Place so you can check out downtown Vancouver for a bit...per website is limited to cruise passengers...think you can also arrange delivery to the airport

http://www.cdsbaggage.ca/

sky train is fast and cheap

leave Canada place cruise port

short block and then turn left

station is just down the block 100 feet or so

buy ticket in machine inside the front door

trains are to the left

(this is government planning at its best cause you basically walk back under where you started at Canada Place)

if you have wheeled suitcases this is easy to do

2 trains from this location..only 1 goes to airport..but the run on the same track so if you get on the wrong one you have several stops in which to get off and wait for the next airport train

Even on Google Maps, it states it's an 8 minute walk from the cruise terminal to the train station entrance. It's over 2000 feet for the luggage drag, not 100 feet. I would add another 5 minutes navigating inside the train station to the train platform.

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Vancouver+Convention+Centre+East/Waterfront/@49.2870266,-123.1150526,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x0:0xd3c5f7bc5d72768d!2m2!1d-123.1121416!2d49.2883301!1m5!1m1!1s0x54867178810f09d9:0x57a6ffc3f8c15687!2m2!1d-123.1120077!2d49.2858515!3e2

Is the cab line 12 minutes long? Yes, take the train if the cab line is long (depends on crowds when you are debarking)... otherwise I prefer the cab. BTW.... on the way to the subway station.... look to your right when you exit the cruise terminal. If you see a short line at the Pan Pacific and Waterfront Hotels.... that can be another place to get a cab.

"government planning"? Canada Line was "retrofitted" into existing infrastructure. The city (and cruise terminal) was built before the idea of a subway was planned.

Yes, it's easy for airport passengers to get on the wrong train when they are not paying attention to the electronic signage. The wrong train can add significant travel time.

Even on Google Maps, it states it's an 8 minute walk from the cruise terminal to the train station entrance. It's over 2000 feet for the luggage drag, not 100 feet. I would add another 5 minutes navigating inside the train station to the train platform.

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Vancouver+Convention+Centre+East/Waterfront/@49.2870266,-123.1150526,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x0:0xd3c5f7bc5d72768d!2m2!1d-123.1121416!2d49.2883301!1m5!1m1!1s0x54867178810f09d9:0x57a6ffc3f8c15687!2m2!1d-123.1120077!2d49.2858515!3e2

Is the cab line 12 minutes long? Yes, take the train if the cab line is long (depends on crowds when you are debarking)... otherwise I prefer the cab. BTW.... on the way to the subway station.... look to your right when you exit the cruise terminal. If you see a short line at the Pan Pacific and Waterfront Hotels.... that can be another place to get a cab.

"government planning"? Canada Line was "retrofitted" into existing infrastructure. The city (and cruise terminal) was built before the idea of a subway was planned.

Yes, it's easy for airport passengers to get on the wrong train when they are not paying attention to the electronic signage. The wrong train can add significant travel time.

Thanks. We are not taking the train. I'm not going to struggle with luggage. We'll self debark and we have plenty of time.

It tells you this train is for YVR airport or Richmond Brighouse at every stop,

and you have ample opportunity to switch trains before the tracks split

Thanks. We are not taking the train. I'm not going to struggle with luggage. We'll self debark and we have plenty of time.

I agree...many taxi's will be lined up...take one.

Are there any tour companies that do short 3 hour or so tours that will pick you up at cruise terminal and drop at airport?
Contact LandSea... they are most known for Post-cruise tours.

https://vancouvertours.com/tour/pre-cruise-vancouver-city-tour/

The issue when will they a reach the airport for your 3 hour pre-flight check-in. Are they willing to allow you to pull luggage mid-tour to get a taxi to the airport.

• 1 month later...
We disembark in Vancouver. Our flight isn't until 1:30 and we arrive at 7:00 A.M. We are the the only ship in port. Do I need to book a transfer ahead of time or will taxis be readily available?

Here is the best kept secret! You can walk a couple blocks to the train station/subway. You can get to the airport in no time for a few dollars – forgot exactly how much. The reason this is so valuable is that the roads between Canada place and the airport or a few and super busy! The train takes you directly to the airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums