Uber is way to go!

andymattmom

Hi andymattmom, just sent you a friend request. Is there a way to send me Fritz's info without posting my email address publicly?

Idk of a way

Could just set up a junk one for the info

I can send then you could just not use email after that

• 2 weeks later...

For just two people with two large suitcases and two carryons, would a smaller UberX be sufficient? I know that in Cleveland, some of the basic Uber drivers have a really small subcompact and others a larger midsize. Planning on going from FLL to port and then from port to beachfront Fort Lauderdale hotel post cruise.

For just two people with two large suitcases and two carryons, would a smaller UberX be sufficient? I know that in Cleveland, some of the basic Uber drivers have a really small subcompact and others a larger midsize. Planning on going from FLL to port and then from port to beachfront Fort Lauderdale hotel post cruise.

Should be okay - I've had everything from a Honda Fit to a king-cab pick-up, but a Toyota Camry or similar sized vehicle is standard; I've seen a lot more Prius sized hybrids in California. You may need to put one or both of the carry-on bags in the seat with you. For the short trips you describe it will be fine. ;)

They'll be 7 of us plus cases and carry-ons from MIA to East. Never used Uber previously, but the hotel did quote using them. Is it the best way for all the group? Do we order 2 vehicles? Additionally, do we do the same on embarkation day - is it more cost effective i.e. from hotel to port?

Any comments regarding the hotel (East) would be great too ;) e.g. can we easily get to the sights from there etc.

Sorry for all the questions but we've never stayed in Miami previously, Fll is our usual embarkation port ;).

Hey Jenny! Just seen your post regarding Uber - we've never used it but our son George has just got back from LA, Vegas and Miami and said he would have been lost without Uber. Saved him hundreds of dollars in taxi fares. Said he just downloaded the app, put his card details in (no cash involved only if you want to tip) and then followed the instructions to order uber cabs. Drivers very friendly and knowledgable. We are off to NYC next week for my Jenny's 18th and I've downloaded the app ready and raring to go. Give it a go! Happy cruising and best wishes to you all! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey Jenny! Just seen your post regarding Uber - we've never used it but our son George has just got back from LA, Vegas and Miami and said he would have been lost without Uber. Saved him hundreds of dollars in taxi fares. Said he just downloaded the app, put his card details in (no cash involved only if you want to tip) and then followed the instructions to order uber cabs. Drivers very friendly and knowledgable. We are off to NYC next week for my Jenny's 18th and I've downloaded the app ready and raring to go. Give it a go! Happy cruising and best wishes to you all! Xx

Hi there,

Great information, thanks :). I'll download the app and give it a try ;).

Have a wonderful time in NYC and I hope your Jenny has a brilliant birthday - oh, what to be 18 again and know what we know now ;p.

We're off on Reflection next month and can't wait :cool:.

Xx

Having never used Uber, I have a question. Do you have to give CC info in the app first to order the Uber? I was going to do this once, but thought they would charge me upfront and would end up having to wait to long for the car to get there. Any info appreciated.

Having never used Uber, I have a question. Do you have to give CC info in the app first to order the Uber? I was going to do this once, but thought they would charge me upfront and would end up having to wait to long for the car to get there. Any info appreciated.

When you put the app on your phone and register to use Uber, you put in cc info at that time. Then whenever you want to order an Uber, it is all set to go. They do not charge you until you actually order for an Uber to pick you up. You can go in and do a mock pick up, to check prices, but don't actually order it to pick you up.

I am an Uber driver in Cleveland and recommend entering a CREDIT card instead of DEBIT card info. Then you are fully protected online. Also, you can get an estimate without entering the info for a ride and cancelling. There is a separate fare estimate part of the program. Also, make sure that you ask the driver what name he has for a pickup for security. He will ask you your name as well for his protection.

For all you brand new Uber riders, get a friend who already uses Uber to give you a referral code before your first ride. Plug the code into Payments and you and your friend get $15 off your ride.

If you need a code, you can use mine. My code is 6y3g9. Anyone can use it.

Neal

They most likely will call you to pinpoint your location after disembarkation.

My answer whether Uber can access Port Everglades has been answered. But how will they find you when disembarking?

Should be okay - I've had everything from a Honda Fit to a king-cab pick-up, but a Toyota Camry or similar sized vehicle is standard; I've seen a lot more Prius sized hybrids in California. You may need to put one or both of the carry-on bags in the seat with you. For the short trips you describe it will be fine. ;)

Good info..Thanks

Can i also get Fritz info..Let's hope that we're not all sailing at the same time..talleydiva@yahoo.com...And Thanks for the use of your code..So would we contact him and let him know what time my flight arrive in FLL??