blue man group

fkwok

No it is included in your cruise fare. NCL has in fact been very clear on this.

And do you happen to know how long the Blue Man Group will be running? As you can see from my siggie lines below, I'm cruising Epic just under two years from now. I'm hoping they are still doing their bit.

InThe

The way I understand it, they will be handing out tickets with our dailies for a certain night so everyone gets to go. They are a strange but very talented group of people. We have seen their show once. I believe we paid around $100 per ticket to see them, so including them in the price of our ticket is a real plus!

Joyce

The way I understand it, they will be handing out tickets with our dailies for a certain night so everyone gets to go. They are a strange but very talented group of people. We have seen their show once. I believe we paid around $100 per ticket to see them, so including them in the price of our ticket is a real plus!

Joyce

i was wondering how they would make sure everyone would get to go! that's a neat idea if indeed they do that!

And do you happen to know how long the Blue Man Group will be running? As you can see from my siggie lines below, I'm cruising Epic just under two years from now. I'm hoping they are still doing their bit.

InThe

When I booked my October trip through NCL, the CS person told me that they are booked into 2012 but I do not recall the month.

Hate to bring up kids again, but I also don't care because I've made it quite clear that I am not a fan of kids.

Will they let children into this show?

I'd hate to have this experienced ruined by kids who may not be able to "handle" the intense effects, the obscure themes & freaky audience participation. Not looking to get blasted by parents here, just curious as to how NCL will handle this show? Would they possibly have a less-intense show earlier in the day for families? The last thing I want is to be seated near a bunch of 2-year olds crying and flipping out over such a light-and-sound intensive production. Sure, maybe kids 12 and over could handle this, but I'd hate to think of parents bringing their infants in to this show.

Oh, and as a side-note, I have had many friends see this show in Vegas, and they had an age limit of 6-years or older to go to the show. Just curious as if NCL would have the same age restrictions. One friend commented last time she saw them, 2 boys aged 7-years cried and cried through the whole thing they were so freaked out. Another friend said she sat in front of a family with 3 kids (roughly 6 years old) and they talked thru the entire thing, kicked her chair the whole time, and didn't pay attention at all. I know the tickets for this show are included, but I also know part of the "fee" was paid by our cruise cost. So I'd hate to think I indeed paid a lil' extra in my cruise fare to get free tickets, then get stuck sitting near kids who are disruptive to the show. Has anyone experienced this before? Are there ushers or cruise staff who are readily available during a show in case a disruptive family needs to be pointed out to them and asked to settle down or leave? Or are we all kinda on our own inside a showroom left to deal with disturbances on our own? Hoping I won't have to deal with this, but as I stated, 2 different friends of mine both had a bad experiences with young kids at the Blue Man Group who were just too immature to appreciate the show, and caused an incredible disturbance for others.

The more I read from you the more I feel we think alike. I don't know if they will have age restrictions, but nothing bothers me more than someone's lack of control over their children in public.

man i wish you were on my cruise!!!

but there is a large group of like-minded folks on this cruise. a bunch of "crazy blokes" from Britain taking part in the Beatles themed cruise that happens to be going on during my week's sail dates. so i have a good, solid group of adults-only minded people that will not hesitate to let parents know when their kids are being annoying.

my friend who suffered thru the blue man group show, with kids sitting behind her talking & kicking her chair did not complain or move because she said it was a packed house, and she was in the center of a row, so she would have to climb over a dozen people just to get to the aisle. so she sat there and dealt with these kids sitting behind her ruining her experience. no way would i allow that to go on. i'd first ask the parents to quiet down their kids. if they refused (or couldn't control them) i want to be sure i can flag down a staff member to ask them to be removed. i don't understand how parents can let their own children be so out of control and disturb others without consequence. i'm excited about the blue man group. i just don't think infants should be allowed in, nor should children who might frighten easily or disturb others during the show.

I'm sure you'll be on your own on this one when you go to the show. Just find a seat where there isn't kinds around, or sail when school's in, or you can sail in a suite and sit in the reserved section. But to say that parents with kids don't deserve to be in the theatre because they might not behave to your standards, I dunno if that's going to fly.

I'm sure you'll be on your own on this one when you go to the show. Just find a seat where there isn't kinds around, or sail when school's in, or you can sail in a suite and sit in the reserved section. But to say that parents with kids don't deserve to be in the theatre because they might not behave to your standards, I dunno if that's going to fly.

my biggest concern was infants. i just don't think it's fair to bring infants into a 2-hour show, nor do i think younger kids who might be "freaked out" should be allowed to attend.

and like i said, in vegas (and other venues they've played in) they had an age limit of 6-years old or above. just hoping NCL has these same guidelines for the blue man group on board.

okay there. while i admit it would very annoying if i couldn't enjoy my blue man group show , and that is one of the reasons i am sailinging on a brand new ship, b/c some kid can't enjoy the show by crying, kicking my chair or goofing around, as a parent I do also admit there are times when even adults can be as annoying when they arrive late as they sit in front of me in the center row, show up drunk and stupid, critique the show or constantly move around during the show. I took my 13 yo dd to a jimmy buffett concert last november and we had to sit next to a drunk trio for half the show while 6 kids in front of us were perfectly behaved. i just hope parents understand that the show may not be for little ones but only they can tell if their kids can stand this show as well as remember to behave themselves.

my biggest concern was infants. i just don't think it's fair to bring infants into a 2-hour show, nor do i think younger kids who might be "freaked out" should be allowed to attend.

and like i said, in vegas (and other venues they've played in) they had an age limit of 6-years old or above. just hoping NCL has these same guidelines for the blue man group on board.

Moving to another note, I dunno if the show aboard the Epic will be 2 hours long like their usual production shows (if they're that length, I've never been but always wanted to though!). Don't be surprised if they are only 1 hour in length and perhaps somewhat modified for a more family oriented audience.

Don't take that as fact though, it's just a "perhaps it could happen" scenario.

Moving to another note, I dunno if the show aboard the Epic will be 2 hours long like their usual production shows (if they're that length, I've never been but always wanted to though!). Don't be surprised if they are only 1 hour in length and perhaps somewhat modified for a more family oriented audience.

Don't take that as fact though, it's just a "perhaps it could happen" scenario.

I think you are right on. I would not expect the show to run any longer then an hour. Keep in mind 8 shows a week. That is the usual two shows a night but on 4 nights. Like any other show onboard a ship it will be miodified for any audience.

I think you are right on. I would not expect the show to run any longer then an hour. Keep in mind 8 shows a week. That is the usual two shows a night but on 4 nights. Like any other show onboard a ship it will be miodified for any audience.

i will be curious to see the show times/dates for this. if they indeed randomly give out tickets for the show so that each person on board has a chance to go, it would stink to have a "time" while the ship is docked at a port. i think if i got one of those show times, i'd skip the blue man group to stay on port for as long as i could instead.

i will be curious to see the show times/dates for this. if they indeed randomly give out tickets for the show so that each person on board has a chance to go, it would stink to have a "time" while the ship is docked at a port. i think if i got one of those show times, i'd skip the blue man group to stay on port for as long as i could instead.

They would never have a show when the ship is in port.

That's what I hear!

everyone says i will love it but i am still so nervous about it all......have so many questions that's why i am on here all the time!

New cruiser on a spanking new ship!!

Im sure your fears will subside when the first reviews start. So many things are unknown right now and will probably end up getting tweaked even after Epic sails.

Keep reading and asking questions!!

I saw Blue Man a year ago - it's such a loud and crazy show that even if kids were there, honestly, I don't think you would even really notice them - I am usually one that would notice those things, but trust me, this show is a very sensory experience - :eek:

Archived