Third/Fourth Person Beds

#1TravelMom

Sorry if this has been asked. We have a group traveling October 2. Everyone is wandering where the 3rd and 4th person bedding is - especially with the curved walls.

I suspect that is a question that will be answered...as soon as somebody can actually get onboard the ship to find out.

You should have an answer looooooooooong before your sail date.

Sorry if this has been asked. We have a group traveling October 2. Everyone is wandering where the 3rd and 4th person bedding is - especially with the curved walls.

The 3rd is easy - that would be the sofa bed. 4th we will find out for sure in a month. If I were to guess it will drop from the ceiling above the sofa.

The 3rd is easy - that would be the sofa bed. 4th we will find out for sure in a month. If I were to guess it will drop from the ceiling above the sofa.

NCL considers the sofa bed to sleep 2 don't they? They categorized many of the mini-suites in the Jewel class ships as 4 persons room but they only have the regular bed and the sofa.

No. From the pictures the sofa appears to be a single and does not fold out.

From this pic:

30550_423324021413_43678986413_5379800_4665723_n.jpg

It doesn't look much different in size than the current pink pullout couch. The back is obviously curved and the entire thing is a different design, but I think its "footprint" is similar.

I wonder if they add a couch extension thingy?? Last summer we were on the Pride of America and they added an extension thingy to the couch. The first night the room steward didn't do it and we were all drawing straws on who was going to sleep in the "short" bed ... LOL.

When they converted back to a couch during the day, I think the extension thing fit under the couch.

From what I can tell, all of the balcony rooms have a couch like that one. How then would you differentiate a 3 person from a 4 person room if the couch is the same?

Great question, how do they differentiate the current pink couches? :confused:

From what I can tell, all of the balcony rooms have a couch like that one. How then would you differentiate a 3 person from a 4 person room if the couch is the same?

Great question, how do they differentiate the current pink couches? :confused:

Simple the 4 person cabins add a pullman bed.

From the Sun

2104487010059187889S425x425Q85.jpg

This is the setup for the 4 person minisuite on the Pearl. Just the pink couch and nothing else.

That is correct for the AFs on the the other ships. The sofa bed is a double and all can be booked for 4 passengers. However all the balcony cabins on the Jewel class ships have a single sofa bed. Those that can be booked for a 4th passenger have a Pullman bed like the Sun above.

The question on the Epic is if the deluxe family balconies (soon to be called mini suites as well) have a Pullman or a larger sofa like the Jewel class. The quad balcony cabins will have to have a Pullman.

"suite"? really? holy cow. I think this next cruise will be an eye opener compared to the OS we had on Vision.

NCL's minisuite is more a deluxe balcony, it's got no suite perks and is priced accordingly.

That is correct for the AFs on the the other ships. The sofa bed is a double and all can be booked for 4 passengers. However all the balcony cabins on the Jewel class ships have a single sofa bed. Those that can be booked for a 4th passenger have a Pullman bed like the Sun above.

The question on the Epic is if the deluxe family balconies (soon to be called mini suites as well) have a Pullman or a larger sofa like the Jewel class. The quad balcony cabins will have to have a Pullman.

Ahhh got it. Now it makes more sense. I take it the sofa in a balcony cabin is a lot smaller?

And check out the Garden Villas on the Jewel class ships. Make the RCI OS seem like a balcony cabin :D:D

I had a chance to tour one of the GV on the Pearl and :eek::eek::eek:. I think you're being generous in calling the RCCL OS a balcony in comparison. :D

Would love to visit the even larger GV aboard the Dawn and Star someday. I think just the top deck "balcony" on those GVs are larger than 99.9% of the cabins on any cruise ship today lol.

Since the "deluxe" rooms on the Epic appear to be longer, not wider, I suspect they'll have the same sleeping setup as the smaller rooms.

Our OS on the Vision was next door to the Royal Suite, which is about 1100 square feet with a grand piano in the middle. It was being rented out for a wedding, but we got to look at it. Even for an older ship, it was beautiful (and huge)

Our OS on the Vision was next door to the Royal Suite, which is about 1100 square feet with a grand piano in the middle. It was being rented out for a wedding, but we got to look at it. Even for an older ship, it was beautiful (and huge)

The Garden Villa on the Dawn/Star is over 5,000 sq.ft, you also get to split an entire open deck with your GV neighbour (it's fenced off, one GV gets one side, the other GV gets the other side). It's insane lol.

time2cruise1, do you know how big the GVs are on the Jewel quartets? I know they are a tiny bit smaller than the Dawn/Star's, but do you know how big they really are?

Not to hijack a thread, but here are a few pics of the OS on the Vision.

IMG_1633-vi.jpg?1274670495

IMG_1634-vi.jpg?1274670504

IMG_1636-vi.jpg

IMG_1778-vi.jpg

Had to throw this in. Dune Buggies with my boys in Cabo.

IMG_1897-vi.jpg

This is the Grand Suite on the Vision

IMG_1957-vi.jpg

Not to hijack a thread, but here are a few pics of the OS on the Vision.

IMG_1633-vi.jpg?1274670495

IMG_1634-vi.jpg?1274670504

IMG_1636-vi.jpg

IMG_1778-vi.jpg

Had to throw this in. Dune Buggies with my boys in Cabo.

IMG_1897-vi.jpg

This is the Grand Suite on the Vision

IMG_1957-vi.jpg

Ok, since you have hijacked this thread.... Here is my question. How the heck do you post a picture here? I seem to only be able to post thumb nail photographs.

You host them somewhere else and post them here using the little mountain icon in the message toolbar (insert image)

sdmike, Oh, I see now. I can't just download the pictures from my PC, they have to utilize a link. Thanks for the quick answer.

Archived