Silver Benefits

jag60uk

Hi. When we sail on Encore in September we shall have silver status for the first time. Can anyone suggest the best option to choose. What does the day in the serene area on Encore consist of? Is that a day in The Retreat? And how likely would we be to be able to book this for the one sea day? Thanks.

We earned Silver after our first cruise, and chose the excursion discount as our primary benefit. Howver, we will be going on a port-intensive cruise. YMMV depending on your cruise and personal style.

Hi. When we sail on Encore in September we shall have silver status for the first time. Can anyone suggest the best option to choose. What does the day in the serene area on Encore consist of? Is that a day in The Retreat? And how likely would we be to be able to book this for the one sea day? Thanks.

The Serene area on Encore is in the same vicinity as the Spa. It is a small space with I think I remember two loungers. Not far from it is the table tennis so if that is in use I am not sure how serene it would be. It is not like the Serene area on the Odyssey class ships. I would not think that it would be a day in the Retreat, but you could double check with Seabourn Head office.

At Silver we chose to take either, the discount for shore excursions or premium wine, as that would then be applicable for the two us. For the individual choice we took the laundry bags, as that is one every seven days and the internet benefit.

I hope this helps.

Julie

If you are two people in the suite with Silver status only one of you has to choose the excursion discount benefit and both will get it. That leaves the other person free to choose a different benefit.

We got 10% off excursions as my benefit, applied to both of us.

We also got a bag of laundry a week on my husband's benefit.

We're both Silver. When my husband chose the 10% excursion discount, it showed up as selected for both of us AND it would NOT let me choose anything different. :confused:

OP: if you plan on taking enough SB shore excursions, the above would be a good choice for you. The laundry bag is worth $50, vs. $20 for the 2-hr internet package.

I thought the laundry bag was once only on silver and once a week in gold

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got off the phone with Seabourn - I couldn't get it to work online myself so they had to do the change for me but I was able to switch myself to the free bag of laundry (yes, Silver is one bag per cruise, not per week) and keep the 10% discount on shore excursions for both of us still using my husband's Preferences choice. SO glad I happened to read this! :D

You're right! Maybe a billing error? We did pay for one, but did more than that on recent trip.

I thought the laundry bag was once only on silver and once a week in gold

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got off the phone with Seabourn - I couldn't get it to work online myself so they had to do the change for me but I was able to switch myself to the free bag of laundry (yes, Silver is one bag per cruise, not per week) and keep the 10% discount on shore excursions for both of us still using my husband's Preferences choice. SO glad I happened to read this! :D

According to their own published documents, it is one bag per 7 days.

According to their own published documents, it is one bag per 7 days.

On the page where you can select Preferences, since we're both Silver the choice says "One complimentary bag of laundry". And where it explains the perks/choices for each level, under Silver it shows "One complimentary bag of laundry". Once one achieves Gold, and going forward, it's one bag for every 7 days onboard.

Can you possibly point us to where you saw that Silver gets one bag per 7 days? Thanks! :)

On the page where you can select Preferences, since we're both Silver the choice says "One complimentary bag of laundry". And where it explains the perks/choices for each level, under Silver it shows "One complimentary bag of laundry". Once one achieves Gold, and going forward, it's one bag for every 7 days onboard.

Can you possibly point us to where you saw that Silver gets one bag per 7 days? Thanks! :)

https://www.seabourn.com/assets/seabournclub/Seabourn_Club_Benefits_At_A_Glance_v6_160119.pdf

Check out the asterisk at the bottom of page 3

If you look closely, you'll see that's not an asterisk next to laundry for the Silver level, it's a diamond. The asterisk, which indicates one load per every 7 days onboard, only appears starting with the Gold level.

If you look closely, you'll see that's not an asterisk next to laundry for the Silver level, it's a diamond. The asterisk, which indicates one load per every 7 days onboard, only appears starting with the Gold level.

Yikes! You are correct! Thanks for letting me know that I need to schedule an ophthalmic exam! I guess our upcoming two trips will involve some added expenses. After that, we are golden. :)

Our August cruise will be our first one as Silver. When should we expect to get our new "silver" luggage tags?

They will be in with the final documents you receive. I got mine last week for mid July cruise.

Please may ask regarding silver luggage tags and final documents if these are presented to only those who book direct with Seabourn?

We are sailing early July on Encore and on this occasion booked with an agent. At this point in time we have received only the Exclusive Travel Planner brochure at final payment.

Please may ask regarding silver luggage tags and final documents if these are presented to only those who book direct with Seabourn?

We are sailing early July on Encore and on this occasion booked with an agent. At this point in time we have received only the Exclusive Travel Planner brochure at final payment.

If you book through an agent Seabourn send the luggage tags and final docs to the agent who then forward them to you. Don't worry they will arrive. 🙄 (Hopefully, you know what Australia Post are like these days).

Thank you SKP946. I agree Australia snail mail is a worry. That is especially as I read Ab21au has received their docs' and luggage tags. I shall contact my agent overseas. Mind you the docs' are printable from Seabourns' website. On the other hand it is quite exciting to get the package tags, folder etc before you venture O'S. Three weeks until we fly out yippee.

Thank you SKP946. I agree Australia snail mail is a worry. That is especially as I read Ab21au has received their docs' and luggage tags. I shall contact my agent overseas. Mind you the docs' are printable from Seabourns' website. On the other hand it is quite exciting to get the package tags, folder etc before you venture O'S. Three weeks until we fly out yippee.

Hi Koala, I got mine about 10 days ago for my 7 July cruise via Australia Post Registered Mail. Admittedly I booked direct this time because it was our "free" cruise.

Usually we receive our documents about 5 weeks prior but we have an TA who is in Sydney.

Julie

Hi Jenny,

No you will receive them regardless of with whom you book. My TA in the UK sent ours last week for our July 7 cruise. If you don't receive them about a month before I would call you rTA to inquire. Hope you have a great cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

KoalaPanda, I booked direct with SB in Sydney and the docs arrived last week DHL (and had to sign for it) for our 16th July. It has come from St. Charles, IL, USA.

I would call your TA and check with them.