Comment card.

Personally, I dislike the task at the end of my cruise of completing the comment card. I find it a real chore to sit and scribble out my thoughts to submit by the deadline.

However, I understand that Seabourn have decided to ask guests to complete the form electronically when they return home and I thought what a good idea this is and wondered how Regent guests would react if Regent decided to do this.

I don't mind the mid-cruise comment card, this gives management time to right perceived wrongs.

I don't know if Seabourn are introducing this wholesale or whether they are trialling the concept.

Personally, I dislike the task at the end of my cruise of completing the comment card. I find it a real chore to sit and scribble out my thoughts to submit by the deadline.

However, I understand that Seabourn have decided to ask guests to complete the form electronically when they return home and I thought what a good idea this is and wondered how Regent guests would react if Regent decided to do this.

I don't mind the mid-cruise comment card, this gives management time to right perceived wrongs.

I don't know if Seabourn are introducing this wholesale or whether they are trialling the concept.

Great idea....certainly makes sense to me.

Like you, I like the mid-cruise comment card, and electronic version once we are home sounds like an improvement -- but some people will just pass. Best option might be to allow people to fill it out the last night and/or do it electronically when they are home.

Love the idea of post cruise comment card.

Somehow the last day/night is too rushed with packing etc and this would be one less task.

Also it gives one the chance to lose the cruise glow and comment objectively.

We always take the time to fill this out, usually sitting in our cabin on the last night, or the next morning sitting at breakfast. It's never been a problem.

But I like the idea of giving people the choice of doing it electronically after the cruise.

Makes sense to me too....As an afterthought, I believe it might be a good thing to have a comment page on our interactive TVs in our staterooms. It would allow us to make any pertinent comments at any time during a cruise....Just sayin..

This is a good idea! I know that if I were able to submit my comments after returning home then Regent would get a much better and more complete response. At the end of my cruise I usually complete the card just so I can say I completed the card.

Crystal has been doing it this way for awhile now.

The last time we were on Voyager earlier this year, my dh had reason to drop by reception at some point just before we disembarked, passing the GM's office as he went. Franck G was there with the door wide open (as usual) sitting reading those cards from a huge pile on his desk.

Though I agree wholeheartedly with Orpington T about the "joy" of the task and would much prefer to complete online at my leisure, I wonder if offering feedback that way would mean that some of the immediacy is lost? After all, once we depart, our community is quickly replaced with another, completely different bunch of people and the carousel carries on turning. By completing the cards and handing them in, those at the sharper end of the process (and those for whom that feedback is really important, IMHO) can read and assimilate the information, maybe in the light of some personal knowledge or involvement during the timespan of the cruise. They might even feel able to do something right there and then to address an issue, especially if it involves a member of the crew or a technical fault. If we complete something online, even as soon as 24 hours later, by the time it hits the spot, that carousel will have moved on and the focus will have shifted to the next cruise. We form fillers will be mere history.

Just my thoughts. I really dislike completing the forms during the last couple of days, the more so since it reminds me too much of writing end of term reports at work! (But I always do it, if not in my very best handwriting ;-)

Gilly, you make a good point. However, in recent years we have definitely gotten worse about filling out our comment cards and handing them in while still on board. My husband, unlike me, is very good about filling them out once we are home and mailing them in to the Regent office in Florida. Each and every time he has sent his comment card from home he has received a thank you from Regent. My best guess is that they are all carefully read by someone.

I agree with Gilly. There was one time I stayed up late to complete the comment card because the G.M. (Franck Galzy) was departing the ship the next morning. Also, IMO, it would be easy for two weeks to pass before we get back to completing the form. In the meantime, if there were problems that needed to be addressed, another cruise may have been completed without knowing about the issues.

The idea of an online comment card is great for those people who prefer the computer and for passengers that do not have to pay to be online. Perhaps if the final comment card could be loaded in the middle of the cruise and can be worked on through the second half of the cruise, it would be easier. Most of the items on the card can be partially completed before the last day (or edited if something needed to be added or changed). There could be a "save" or "submit" option at the end of the questionnaire. I do love the idea of completing the form online!

"I would certainly forget the details fairly soon."

Wendy - One could well argue that any details forgotten fairly soon are not details that would be of much use to Regent in assessing its product. Indeed, some details, whether positive or negative, which are easily forgotten are likely to be pretty niggling.

I very much like the idea of an online comment card option (while keeping the hard copy version of the ship for those who prefer it). I would respectfully suggest that the impressions that one has a week or two after leaving the ship might reflect more accurately the total experience than the points one is forced to make when filling out the comment card on the final evening of the trip.

On the other hand, the mid-cruise comment card is a totally different animal and deals with matters which can be addressed immediately.

May I ask why a page on our interactive Television would not be a feasible way in which to either fill out a comment form or to make a single comment to the GM. It would not cost passengers anything...?

May I ask why a page on our interactive Television would not be a feasible way in which to either fill out a comment form or to make a single comment to the GM. It would not cost passengers anything...?

It would not cost a passenger anything....... but may be a comment that is no longer relevant!

at the end. We have cruised Crystal a lot in the past and they send you an email. I don't like it that way. when you fill it out, you can put what you want. I feel that the one on line is restrictive. I usually do mine at breakfast when my husband is doing a crossword puzzle. I feel you remember more when you are on board.

Honestly I don't bother anymore. They are too long. The last day or two I have too much to do. There is little incentive for me to do that. I usually make a note or two but it's not a short page anymore.

If I have something to say, I say it but to fill in all the boxes like I am in school taking a test is little value to me.

It would not cost a passenger anything....... but may be a comment that is no longer relevant!
....Thanks for responding TC. You say in your response that a comment may no longer be relevant...I must not be explaining what I mean correctly. I am trying to convey that while a passenger is on board a Regent ship they have access through their stateroom television to an interactive group of pages relating to many different things besides just movies. For instance their on board account, the days menus in all venues etc..So my thought is why not a page with a comment card that can be submitted at any time during the cruise for any comments etc. that a passenger wishes to convey and also towards the cruise end the final comment card could be displayed for filling out and submitting....Does this make more sense? Now the world knows why I do not write for a living....TC I am using the quote feature as a reference, not as a personal attack. Thank you again for responding. Rob.

The only reason I bother with comment cards is that I know a good recommendation can mean so much to crew members. It's worth the time I have to invest to help out this way.

Awed23,

I love your idea of a page on the TV where one can comment at will on the cruise. Great idea.

Archived