Room keycard for young kids

Oreollie

Do young children have to have their own keycard? My kids are 3.5 and 5, they will be with us at all time except for when they are at the kids club. I would be concerned that if they have their own cards they would lose them!

Every soul onboard will have a ship's key...but for small children, YOU will keep it for them! It's not only your room key, but ID for getting off and on the ship. They do NOT need to carry the card themselves....you will keep it for them, as you will be with them!!!

On RCI, they punched hole in the Sea Pass, and required kids to wear them on lanyard when in the kids club. This is so they know which muster station to bring him to in case of emergency. We did encourage our son to wear his when we were outside the room on the lanyard, but when he was in pool we would keep it. He loved unlocking the door when we would get back to the room.

On RCI, they punched hole in the Sea Pass, and required kids to wear them on lanyard when in the kids club. This is so they know which muster station to bring him to in case of emergency. We did encourage our son to wear his when we were outside the room on the lanyard, but when he was in pool we would keep it. He loved unlocking the door when we would get back to the room.

The muster information is on the bracelet they require each child under the age of 12 to wear. The information is also on their sea pass card.

The muster information is on the bracelet they require each child under the age of 12 to wear. The information is also on their sea pass card.

That is true too...although this info wore off after a day or two in the pool.

But they still required the SeaPass at kids club

My son also has not been required to wear them. Can you imagine a 2 or 3 year old in a kid club wearing a lanyard? I can just invasion climbing on the toys (some have had climbing toys) and it getting caught and a kid being strangled.

I honestly cannot imagine that if they required that they wouldn't be flooded with lost key cards. Seems kind of silly.

We kept dd's, no reason for her to have it. But for this year, I'll punch a hole in LAST year's kttw and let her wear that. I don't want a fight over us wearing ours and her not getting one. I pick my battles, that's not a battle worth fighting. Her kttw card won't get lost and she can still be like everyone else.

It is my understanding that on ships with a key card based check in and check out system for the kids club if the child is unable to check themselves out of the club then the parents keep the key and present it with their own when picking the child up. If the child can check themselves out they they must keep the key as it is required to be scanned/swiped to check them out.

It is my understanding that on ships with a key card based check in and check out system for the kids club if the child is unable to check themselves out of the club then the parents keep the key and present it with their own when picking the child up. If the child can check themselves out they they must keep the key as it is required to be scanned/swiped to check them out.

The person saying their child had to wear his seapass had a 4 yr old on RCL so that wouldn't be the case in this instance. I have never heard a child being required to wear their seapass on a Royal Caribbean ship prior to this post.

The person saying their child had to wear his seapass had a 4 yr old on RCL so that wouldn't be the case in this instance. I have never heard a child being required to wear their seapass on a Royal Caribbean ship prior to this post.

I didn't see RSLeesburg mention a child's age that his child was required to wear his key card and yes for the OP with a 3.5 and 5 year old checking themselves out of the kids club is not an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't see RSLeesburg mention a child's age that his child was required to wear his key card and yes for the OP with a 3.5 and 5 year old checking themselves out of the kids club is not an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think he said the age in this thread, I have just seen his other posts about this cruise and knew his child was young.:)

Taking my kids on their first cruise next October, they will be 7 and 8. Had not considered about room key cards?!?!

My kids argued over who argues the hotel room door when we went away a couple of weeks ago.....so love the idea of taking previous room key cards with us that they can keep cause they won't be able to use them and it doesn't matter if they lose them. Will then keep theirs safe on us.

Hoping to use the Adventure Ocean programme a couple of times, but going on a practice cruise in May without the kids so will ask how the room key thing works then :)

Do young children have to have their own keycard? My kids are 3.5 and 5, they will be with us at all time except for when they are at the kids club. I would be concerned that if they have their own cards they would lose them!

It is no problem if the keys get lost, just get new ones at the front desk - they deactivate the old ones... my son always loses a few during the week and then miraculously they all get found when we're packing to leave the ship.