Beaches Resort Boscobel - Jamaica

NE Sox/Pats Fans

• 2 weeks later...

We spent the day (4 adults, 1 toddler) at Beaches Boscobel on Wednesday of last week on a day pass. My expectations are always a little high and I found the resort shows its age a little. The main pool was very nice and the food and drinks were very good. They make the drinks STRONG at the pool bar. My son got to interact with Elmo, Cookie Monster and Grover and he loved it. He got to make and bake cookies with Cookie Monster. Everyone we met at the resort was extremely nice. The beach area is sort of small but nice nonetheless and they have a water trampoline just outside the roped in beach area. We had our 2 year old with us so we only spent about 3 hours there but it was a very relaxing 3 hours and the ride from the pier was nice. We booked with Marva Shaw and she met us on time at the pier. Cant say enough about Marva. She was wonderful and very accomodating. She picked us up on time from the resort and took us into Ocho Rios for shopping. I would definitely recommend her if anyone wants a professional taking them around Ocho Rios.

Crusinben.....could You Tell Me What The Cost Was For The Day Pass. We Are A Large Group With Adults And Children And Would Like To Find A Nice Place To Spend Our Day At Ocho Rios...it Sounds Very Nice And I Am Sure The Little One's Would Love It.......thank's

LIL MAC,

We were able to get free day passes through our travel agent, but I think they normally charge between $75 and $85 per person. This includes full use of the resorts food and beverage facilities, 3 pools (toddlers, childrens and huge main), beach area, and any scheduled activities. For children they have the muppets at different times during the day. On our day there (a Wednesday) my 2 year old son got to make cookies with Cookie Monster, and get his picture taken with Grover and Elmo. You can probably find their schedule on their website. http://www.beaches.com/main/bo/bo-home.cfm He had a blast. The food was very good and the drinks were very strong, but tasty. We changed in an air conditioned bathroom but it wasn't really a locker room type facility, just a place to change. They had nice reggae music at the pool with beach volleyball and water aerobics. They have a swim up bar at the main pool, but during our 3 hours there it wasn't opened, maybe because they were at a low occupancy. A local artist was at the pool area displaying his art and painting. I must say everyone that worked there was super nice. The resort does show its age a little, but it was a very nice relaxing day for us. Our tour guide for the day, Marva Shaw, was a true delight. She made our day more go by very smoothly. I highly recommend her. www.knowjam.com I'm not sure she could handle a really large group but what do I know. Hope your day in Ocho Rios is pleasant whatever you do.

Archived