St. Maarten Beach Fun Mobile Tour??

Go38car

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! Do you happen to remember the name of the tour company for this excursion? I want to book it but it's completely booked on RCCL and I fear I won't be able to book it on the ship either.

No I don't remember their name. We booked through RCCL. I don't think they take any reservations privately. When we were there in March they were just starting out and only had 7 cars.

• 5 months later...

We went on this excursion in June 2009 thru RC website. We were the first tour of the day and there weren't enough cars for our group. They wanted my husband on a junky yellow 4 wheeler but since he picked this excursion (and we have a nice Polaris 4 wheeler at home) I let him have the car and I took the 4 wheeler. That was a mess itself, automatic (I didn't know how to shift, but I figured it out) and it kept getting stuck in 3rd gear-keep in mind you are sharing the highways with cars and large trucks as well as going over mountains and around curves!

So hubby is just over 6 foot tall and weighs about 195, we have two boys about 11. Since I got the 4 wheeler, my one son had to ride with a stranger (woman, no less) that ended up being very nice to him. Hubby fit ok in the car BUT the car has toubles getting up the big hills and the tour guide had to push him and several others up with their 4 wheelers. What a mess. We stopped at several nice beachy locations, including a few beaches and was able to swim and get a free drink (very loaded with alcohol) then I was to get back behind the wheel, I mean handle bars of my 4 wheeler! The boys were offered nothing to drink.

All in all, the sights were great. The island (minus the trash) was beautiful. The tour eeh. Our tour guy also got in a verbal fight with a man in a car that tried to run him over...

I would probably pick another vehicle to tour the island. RC should review a little more to see if the standards of each tour are still top notch- or NOT!

Also, we were packed 2 per car. You have to follow in line while driving on the road and everywhere you go. No venturing off on your own.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My wife and I did the Scoot Coupes on Feb 3, booked from our Celebrity Cruise. We loved it. Sorry to hear about mauibeach's bad experience. The cars were running great, in good condition, and everyone in our group had a wonderful time. Here's a 2-minute video showing the highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/richardjcaudle#p/a/u/0/YIK6ffMSToU

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

We did this tour last Winter... it was SO FUN! One of the best tours we've ever done. The guides were really fun and very daring! They rode on 4-wheelers and darted in and out of traffic. We stayed on the road but went really fast! We also made a few stops.

I have a full review and pics on my blog, the link is below. Highly recommended tour!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Ok, everyone is saying what a great tour...what was so great? You were in the lil cars on the city road in a line? Then what, did you drive on the beaches, in the sand? I think Im missing a major part of this...I think my kids would like this but I dont have all the facts.

Thanks for the scoop.

• 4 years later...