Getting to Cocoa Beach from Port Canaveral

cantin2

Is there public transportation within walking distance of the port to get to the beach. I see that SCAT (Space Coast Area Transportation) has buses but I can't seem to find out how close to the port.

Can anyone help - or should we just rent a car....Thanks

But if one wanted to get a taxi to Cocoa Beach, do they queue up at the cruise ship terminal? And what would the price be, two people in the cab, one way to Cocoa Beach?

Thanks

NO! While a normal ride is $15-20 the cabs in the port enter by lottery each day looking for a long haul. Many will adjust the meter if forced out of line (they cannot go back in) to the highest. I live 6 miles from the port and it cost me $32.00. Now when I cruise I call Yellow, Cocoa Beach Taxi etc and they come and get me. About $12.00 to my house. Depending where in CB $15-20 would be my guess.

Thanks for that heads-up! Another thread indicated that the SCAT did run from the port to 13th St. Appreciate your help.

It is confusing. There are two sections of the port. One where the food and bars are and one where the ships dock. It does go to the 1st but there is no way to get there from the ships.

Thanks again - what a help you have been.

Glad to do it but rest assured I count on CC all over the world. 6 weeks from now my daughter and I will embark on a multi city visit in Europe including a 7 day cruise. If not for CC and her sister site Trip Advisor it would be much more difficult.

With reference to renting a car to go to Cocoa Beach, is their an agency within walking distance of the pier? We will be docking at the port on the Carnival Pride for approx 10 hrs...would like to rent a car and just explore the area, but don't know what is available close by, if anything. Any help would be great..

Thanks, Emmy

With reference to renting a car to go to Cocoa Beach, is their an agency within walking distance of the pier? We will be docking at the port on the Carnival Pride for approx 10 hrs...would like to rent a car and just explore the area, but don't know what is available close by, if anything. Any help would be great..

Thanks, Emmy

You have to catch a shuttle bus. Its only 5 minutes away but you cannot walk.

I'm traveling with a group of 14...one being a 10 month old.The most inexpensive port day for us would also be a visit to the beach. We won't be able to rent cars as we're city folks and most of us don't drive.

What would be the least expensive way to get a group of us to Cocoa Beach from the ship terminal. I did see mention of a shuttle bus, but....

- where do we catch it?

- how far is where we can catch it from the cruise terminal?

- how close to the beach does it leave us?

- how often does it run?

- what is the per person fee?

DS and his GF are on NCL Gem now and they took a shuttle from the port to Cocoa Beach $10/pp - it runs all day and it goes to the beach, walmart and he mentioned one other place. You can ride it all day between the stops but once you go back to the port you have to turn in your ticket. Hope this helps someone! :D

DS and his GF are on NCL Gem now and they took a shuttle from the port to Cocoa Beach $10/pp - it runs all day and it goes to the beach, walmart and he mentioned one other place. You can ride it all day between the stops but once you go back to the port you have to turn in your ticket. Hope this helps someone! :D

Good to know, it will be our turn in July!

How do you find out about the shuttle once your there? are there signs? is there a particular company we should be looking out for?

Good to know, it will be our turn in July!

How do you find out about the shuttle once your there? are there signs? is there a particular company we should be looking out for?

Not sure how he found it but I'll ask him when he gets back this weekend and post to let you know. :)

Archived