Constellation: Helipad Access

Photo_Traveler

In October 2009 we were on the Constellation on a New England and Canada cruise. We overnighted in Quebec, and the afternoon we left the helipad was open to all. There was an announcement in the Celebrity Today the night before, plus the waiters in the MDR were also telling passengers about it. Cocoa was available on the helipad that afternoon, plus bar staff were selling coffee with Bailey's and so forth. That was the only port in which the helipad was open.

Hello, Does anyone know if the forward Helipad is open for public access leaving and entering Port(s).

I went thru the Panama Canal on Connie several years ago, and the helipad was open during the transit.

On Connie, you have to go thru the Theatre to get to the Helipad; On many RCCL ships the Helipad is much more accessible (and thus open 24/7).

1596258705_Picture1.jpg.0788744a148dbeeb4e316c861c0e6d6f.jpg

1399293670_Picture2.jpg.fdc5482ca8d693f733500b45222a9a6d.jpg

2010957765_Picture4.jpg.23dec13fc64c5f445385c8287c28c5c6.jpg

2077664559_Picture3.jpg.371d1b011faaa9a42e0147e27a921bf4.jpg

They opened it for our departure out of Stockholm a couple of years ago, and on the Infinity three years ago they opened it while we were in the locks.

Leaving Stockholm on a cold afternoon, where they served hot chocolate and a hot mulled wine drink that I had to try several times to make sure it tasted good (Constellation) :D

Leaving%20Stockholm.JPG

Transiting the Pedro Miguel locks on the Pacific end of the canal (Infinity)

Pedro%20Miguel%20Lock.JPG

Helipad-Panama%20Canal%201.JPG

Helipad-Panama%20Canal%202.JPG

I appreciate the information and the great photos!!! :) On the Ryndam, I was near the ships bell coming into the various stops. Nothing beats that view. Especially going under the bridge out of the Tampa- St Petersburg Harbor to the sea.

Looks like we'll be going topside and aft for the sail-away. We have a veranda on the port side. But the view won't be any thing like that from the bow....

Thanks Again!!!

Mike

Archived