Number of Kids On Sailings Next Week?

I've seen numerous posts mentioning high numbers of kids on board this week for some type of winter break. Since, we don't have kids, I'm not very tuned into the school schedule. I love kids, but we do enjoy sailing with less kids on board as it tends to make the pool area quieter and less crowded. We sail next Monday, February 27th. Does anyone know if kids will be off that week as well or if it should be more typical of a cruise while school is in session? Thanks.

New Hampshire has next week off, not this week. Not sure about other states but many have this week.

As far as college spring break, google it, there is a site that has numbers and dates but is a TA so I can't link it. It says next week is only approx. 250k college kids off as opposed to the following week which is 1.6 million.:eek:

I agree that you should be fine this next week. It was President's Day that caused the increase in kids last week, like the previous poster mentioned. It is too early for Spring Break, so the kid population should be pretty low.

Of course, there is always the possibility of preschoolers, homeschoolers and foreign travelers with different holiday schedules.

Pretty much the entire East Coast, as well as some other areas, has President's Week (this week) off. If you think it affects cruising bad, you should try going to Walt Disney World then. :p Next week should be fine as all the kiddos will be back in school.

-gina-

I like your screen name,,,I am also crazy for the mouse and I agree totally with certain times of the year not to go to Disney..We live about a hour from there so it's a short car trip,,makes it so convenient:D:D..

Booked a three night cruise for March 9. I thought I was a week prior to spring break – but after a quick search today - I see that I am not early. Based on an accidental spring break cruise a few years ago –I know the ship will likely be overrun by college kids. I should have been tipped off when there were a few bachelor/bachelorette parties on the M&M board.

The upside, many will sleep late and we’ll get our choice of deck chairs!

I will say that a few years back, RCCL security did a great job of allowing fun and curtailing situations when things seemed to get out of hand. The ship was loaded with security, uniformed and plain clothes.

I guess luggage searches will be particularly thorough.

M

Booked a three night cruise for March 9. I thought I was a week prior to spring break – but after a quick search today - I see that I am not early. Based on an accidental spring break cruise a few years ago –I know the ship will likely be overrun by college kids. I should have been tipped off when there were a few bachelor/bachelorette parties on the M&M board.

I will say that a few years back, RCCL security did a great job of allowing fun and curtailing situations when things seemed to get out of hand. The ship was loaded with security, uniformed and plain clothes.

M

I did the exact same thing, booked, then realized it was smack dab in the middle of college spring break. I was none too happy about it either.

So you think we will still be able to enjoy an evening on the boat without having kids "gone wild"? Not that I'm stoggy, but I don't want to be in the middle of a frat party anymore either. Been there, done that! :)

Picture “Quest Gone Wild”!

Where ever there is dance party music - will be crowded. Other areas will be OK.

M

Ugh! We were on a spring break cruise a few years ago. While I'd prefer not to be on a cruise with tons of little kids, I'd take that over a spring break cruise any day. From my experience, it did affect other areas of the ship. We had whole fraternaties or sororities on our ship and they tended to move throughout the ship (to dinner, shows, etc) in large packs which really messed up the traffic flow of the ship. Our ship even was delayed returning to port because a drunk student made a very stupid decision and we had to return to shore where he could receive medical care before continuing.

We booked a 9 night on March 10th...really hoping our cruise will not be overrun with college kids on Spring Break...yikes!

I highly doubt it on a 9 night cruise :) Most college kids cant afford a 9 nighter nor do they get that much time off from school.

i think you will be ok

We booked a 9 night on March 10th...really hoping our cruise will not be overrun with college kids on Spring Break...yikes!

You won't get a lot of college kids on a 9 night cruise since break is usually only one week long. I don't think you will have a lot of younger school age kids either.

Hey, you changed your screen name too. I like it.:)

M

My children have there spring vacation starting March 9 and then the whole next week. You will also have young Midwest families too.

You won't get a lot of college kids on a 9 night cruise since break is usually only one week long. I don't think you will have a lot of younger school age kids either.

Hey, you changed your screen name too. I like it.:)

Lol, thanks:D I thought it was a more appropriate name for this forum!!:D

From now until Easter there will be some students somewhere in the country on spring break. You can't get away from it! That's why we like to cruise in October as there is about a 9 week window where everyone is in school. Don't get me wrong as I love children but the older we get I can't take the loud obnoxious teenagers! :D

Picture “Quest Gone Wild”!

Artypharty - I see we are sailing together. You, me and 2500 college kids!

M

:eek: OMG, this was supposed to be a relaxing weekend, to get away from the idiocy of the everyday ... looks like we may have the everyday idiocy x 10 :( arrrggg....

:eek: OMG, this was supposed to be a relaxing weekend, to get away from the idiocy of the everyday ... looks like we may have the everyday idiocy x 10 :( arrrggg....

It will not be too bad. I actually think the kids are harmless and deserve to have fun. I’ve never seen any of the kids act disrespectfully to any adults. RCCL really does keep a close watch. The girls will go all out for evening dress and they do look great.

We don’t go to quest – but if we did, this is one we would miss.

There will be lots of other folks on the ship – not just college kids! I was really joking earlier.

M

It will not be too bad. I actually think the kids are harmless and deserve to have fun. I’ve never seen any of the kids act disrespectfully to any adults. RCCL really does keep a close watch. The girls will go all out for evening dress and they do look great.

We don’t go to quest – but if we did, this is one we would miss.

There will be lots of other folks on the ship – not just college kids! I was really joking earlier.

M

Thanks for that... Hey, I was one once( kid that is :)) and remember well needing to blow off a little steam. As long as everyone can enjoy the cruise in their own way, then we all win! :D

We were on the Monarch last spring when it was packed with college kids...mostly from southern schools. We had a wonderful time. The kids were well behaved even when they drank and we seldom heard a cuss word or bad behavior. I did hear a lot of "Yes sir, yes ma'am, etc. I would repeat that cruise in a heartbeat.

You couldn't pay me enough to cruise with a huge number of high school or middle school kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived