Half full or empty??? Mmmmmm.....

Markmom18

I've been reading this board since booking our 1st Carnival Cruise (August 2012/Splendor). Chair hogs....yep....we've definitely had the same problem on all our RCCL cruises, including Buffet and MDR food disappointments...yep. YET, my family is SO darn excited to be going on vacation this year, we just KNOW we're going to have a fantastic time! Our first vacation in 3 years. This "Great Recession" has hit our family owned business (of over 20 years, not long to the corporate biz's out there, but our hearts & dollars count for lots!) So....bring on the chair hogs, the ok food, the wonderful staff, friends we always meet on vacations....we're going on VACATION again!!:D

Anyone else have a similar story to tell, c'mon.... :)

You sound like me, and that is a glass half full kind of person. Of course there will be some minor frustrations or inconveniences that happen, but not enough for it to ruin a cruise and a wonderful and memorable vacation.

People have to look at the positives, and not get so hung up on a few negatives.

But as you've observed, you seem to get alot of negatives about what is the number 1 type of vacationing (cruising)

i've been reading this board since booking our 1st carnival cruise (august 2012/splendor). Chair hogs....yep....we've definitely had the same problem on all our rccl cruises, including buffet and mdr food disappointments...yep. Yet, my family is so darn excited to be going on vacation this year, we just know we're going to have a fantastic time! Our first vacation in 3 years. This "great recession" has hit our family owned business (of over 20 years, not long to the corporate biz's out there, but our hearts & dollars count for lots!) so....bring on the chair hogs, the ok food, the wonderful staff, friends we always meet on vacations....we're going on vacation again!!:d

anyone else have a similar story to tell, c'mon.... :)

+1!!!!! :)

Haven't had a cruise yet where I couldn't find a chair on deck on a sea day. Haven't had to sit next to a sasquatch wearing a banana hammock in the main dining room. Haven't had to borrow the fiance's hair dryer to heat up my food. Haven't had anyone blowing smoke in my face where I didn't have anywhere else to move to. And haven't had to leave the hot tub because some punk kid decided to jump in wearing a diaper. Maybe i was just too busy enjoying myself to notice though...call me naive.

I'm thankful that we've been blessed with the ability to travel as often as we do (many years of college, much hard work... pays off in the end, years later, but pays off!) Life is not perfect, vacations won't be either. But I'm just happy to be on a ship headed out to sea... new ports, new beaches, new friends, new DODs to try... what's not to like? :D

I like that attitude...your vacation is what YOU make of it. There are too many who get caught up in finding fault and getting upset at the smallest things or going in with unrealistic expectations and coming back upset because their high standards weren't met.

I spent 12 months of hell on terrible meds

and ending up having brain surgery!

Also have not been able to find a job with my new Master's Degree for 2 years! --economy not brain surgery LOL

That crap happens to other people right?

Therefore - No Chairs on Deck???? I dont care if I have to layer 2 towels on deck and lay out on the open ocean!!

I don't care if the snorkeling is not up to par -

I'm not going to give the local pushy sellers a second thought

Not going to worry if somebody in the elevator is speaking about me in a foriegn language!

I could not care less if I have to wait in a lido buffet line - some people in the world eat only a cup of rice per day - period!

I'll even try harder to be okay about not looking like a super model in my swimsuit even though I'm an average size curvy woman who is 49ish! :cool:

I spent the last 2 years having a glass empty pitty party - No More!

Will be sailing for our first wedding anniversary on April Fools day - carribean islands - no problem!:D

I'ts really sad that people cannot lighten up on these boards! :(

Can I get a Hell Yeah?

Hell Yeah!!!

This is a great thread! DH and I always cruise with a positive attitude and we've never had anything to complain about. (Except when they throw us off the ship the last day.) As soon as we get home we're on the computer looking to book our next cruise.

Also have not been able to find a job with my new Master's Degree for 2 years! --economy not brain surgery LOL

Therefore - No Chairs on Deck???? I dont care if I have to layer 2 towels on deck and lay out on the open ocean!!

Not going to worry if somebody in the elevator is speaking about me in a foriegn language!

I could not care less if I have to wait in a lido buffet line - some people in the world eat only a cup of rice per day - period!

I'll even try harder to be okay about not looking like a super model in my swimsuit even though I'm an average size curvy woman who is 49ish! :cool:

Will be sailing for our first wedding anniversary on April Fools day - carribean islands - no problem!:D

Can I get a Hell Yeah?

Hell Yeah

Can I get a Hell Yeah?

yes you can...

HELL YEAH !!!

HELL YEAH!!! :D

I totally agree... and love this thread!!! I am definitely a glass half full kinda gal and nothing can ruin my vacation! Heck, I managed to save to GO on a vacation, you're darn right I'll be happy getting away and enjoying any kind of weather I get! I don't have to cook or clean and I get to see new places and meet new people! WHOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!! :D :cool:

My son was in the ICU 3 weeks ago, and is thankfully home and recovered. My father had complications from surgery and is still in the hospital, 2 weeks longer than he should have been, but will be going home this week.

I am so looking forward to our cruise next month. I am thankful that we are physically and financially able to do this. I will NOT be looking for things to complain about! (Maybe if my drink is empty, then I will complain) :D

My glass is half full, until I finish my margarita!

Can I get a Hell Yeah?

This is truly AWESOME!! You, my dear, have a WONDERFUL vacation:)

HELL YEAH!!! :D

I totally agree... and love this thread!!! I am definitely a glass half full kinda gal and nothing can ruin my vacation! Heck, I managed to save to GO on a vacation, you're darn right I'll be happy getting away and enjoying any kind of weather I get! I don't have to cook or clean and I get to see new places and meet new people! WHOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!! :D :cool:

Agreed!!! Times a billion!!:)

I think the complaining comes with multiple cruises..................I have complained before, especially with the number of cruises under my belt; but bottom line is the experience HAS DEFINITELY CHANGED. CCL is NOT what is used to be - that being said:

Even the worst cruise is better than NO cruise!

OOPs - forgot to mention - as long as it's half full of VODKA - who cares? LOL :D

LOL Half full of Vodka, I like that.

I have had to make a few adjustments in this economy to keep up with my cruise addiction. I book portholes or insides so I can cruise twice a year. I only get a pedicure right before a cruise or when someone gives me a gift certificate. Yup, doing my own toes pays for a cruise a year! I take my lunch a little more and I do all of this because I love cruising!!! Sure, not everything is perfect, but cruising sure is close to it for me. Let the whiners whine, me I'll be drinking their half of the vodka glass half full!

HELL YEAH!!!!!!

Everyone have a great cruise, I've always said that a cruise is only what you make of it, it will never be perfect but it'll be fun if you have the right attitude. Sailing in four days and can't wait.

I paid more for my cruise on the old Holiday in 1986 than I did for a Cove balcony on the Dream over Thanksgiving. To me, that is not only amazing, but very hard to believe. In a world where the cost of everything has escalated I surely can put up with more expensive drinks, poorer quality food, no live Caribbean bands on the Lido, etc..Sure the experience has changed but not the enjoyment of it. So, my glass is is certainly half full even tho I paid more for it.

after 4 cruises have not had a thing to complain about. we have so much fun when on vacation we do not have time to find things to complain about. cruising is one of the more carefree vacations we take. not too many decisions to make and can walk home from the bar each night.

doug

Archived