Just booked with 6 month old

flcruiser08

What's she gonna catch...a fish? Really...stop worrying! At 6 mos., she's not going to be going anywhere on her own, or touching railings, or elevator buttons.... Ships don't have germs...PEOPLE do! If she doesn't "catch" something at your grocery store, she's unlikely to on the ship!

You will have to bring EVERYTHING "baby related"...diapers, wipes, food, meds...etc....the ship doesn't sell anything for babies. If you are breastfeeding, that is easy and best! There are plenty of "mashable" foods, if she's eating some table foods.

You should bring an inflatable tub...standard cabins only have showers...most babies don't care for that! An inflatable tub will really make bathing your child easier!\

There is no reason to be nervous about taking a family vacation...and that's what this will be. I would advise to book a balcony cabin if you can...gives you someplace "to be" while baby is napping or down early for the night!

Whatever you do...just relax and have fun! It's a vacation, after all!

We sailed with our son as an infant and will be leaving Monday on our 9mo. daughters first cruise. Just bring plenty of everything she might need, including meds (baby Tylenol, gas drops, teething tablets, everything) and don't stress :). The staff really seem to enjoy the babies. It's not as relaxing as it used to be before kids, but what vacation would be?? At least you don't have to worry about where to eat, where to stay, cleaning up...it's still a great vacation.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

i just cruised with my 9 month old. Its do able!!

If bottle feeding, bring extra cans and divide the cans throughout all your luggage in case any of them dont get to the room on time.

We bought cheap new bottles, brush, and dishwashing liquid to bring on board so we only washed bottles a couple times the whole vacation.

Some cruise lines dont allow babies in pools, so we bought an inflatable tub and put pool water for him in there to play

we used a carrier, as it is easier to get in and out of elevators, get food at the buffet, he could sleep when he wanted to

If on solids, buy disposable bibs (dont forget baby spoon if not blw)

We brought some pedialite just in case he got dehydrated.

EXTRA diapers just in case ;) and wipes

bring something from home, like a familiar blankie, so bub doesnt feel too out of place

also, this was our choice, but we brought extra tipping money for dining room staff (as our son eats on his own and food goes everywhere)

Any questions feel free to ask :)

Thanks everyone for the tips thus far! She's never been sick so far so I guess I shouldn't be too concerned. I breastfeed and she hasn't had any solids yet so that should be easy.

Any suggestions if we should do an excursion, we don't plan on bringing a carseat

Depending on where you visit and the mode of transport with the car seat situation. In Mexico and Jamaica we just held our kids on our laps, but it depends on how comfortable with that you are. For a quick trip to the beach I didn't stress about it. In Jamaica the mini bus we took wouldn't accommodate a car seat.

Bring what you think you will need...But don't stress about it. the Caribbean is not the third World. Yes, many of the countries are relatively poor, but babies do wear diapers there, and if you find you are running short, there will be stores that sell them. Not that you want to spend port time looking for things, but it is not something to stress over. EM